Texas Fishing Forum

2022 Bass Champs

Posted By: 6BOOMER

2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 02:39 PM

South looks good.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 03:24 PM

Oh boy I may have to jump back into the south division next year. No Falcon is somewhat of a head scratcher.
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 03:35 PM

I guess we are not south enough..
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 04:01 PM

Falcon - Low water level and not enough participation? Not sure but I'm still going down there James..
Posted By: Chris G

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by NoWeighers

hahahaha nope but apparently Ivie was.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 06:44 PM

You may be over run by then.......
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

You may be over run by then.......

Probably yall before us!

Cooks and busboys coming ashore!!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 08:33 PM

Same ole same ole on the North
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 08:35 PM

There must not be any other lakes in the North division they can go to. Pretty boring.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/14/21 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1
Same ole same ole on the North

Check the east, it's a dramatic change lol
Posted By: David Burton

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
There must not be any other lakes in the North division they can go to. Pretty boring.

They could, but don't...

Texoma, Lewisville, Richland Chambers, and others are big enough to host them.... we'll see if they change things up when Bois d'Arc opens up....

Nevermind... We know that there aren't any other lakes in the "North", since DFW doesn't count.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 12:28 AM

I wish they would go to Tawakoni twice in the north division. We pretty well decided we are done with Roberts. We will just fish a few in the north and a few in the east rather than hit all 4 in the north.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 12:52 AM

I was thinking more like Roberts twice. And add Texoma.
Posted By: daman

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 01:08 AM

I remember the great fishing tournaments anglers choice and a bunch of others no body or very few would get there pantys in a wad amd cry ..But with social media now we have a bunch of cry baby’s lol

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by daman
I remember the great fishing tournaments anglers choice and a bunch of others no body or very few would get there pantys in a wad amd cry ..But with social media now we have a bunch of cry baby’s lol

Not crying at all. We enjoy fishing Bass Champs and will just skip a lake we don't care for and go east and fish those lakes instead and fish a couple of Champs out there to qualify us for Championship. Exercising our freedom of choice.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 10:05 AM

Wish champs would allow you to pre fish the Friday before like TTT does if your entry is paid.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
Wish champs would allow you to pre fish the Friday before like TTT does if your entry is paid.

thumb
Would sure be nice for those of us who have to drive 200 to 600 miles just to fish.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman
Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

thumb
Would sure be nice for those of us who have to drive 200 to 600 miles just to fish.

That’s exactly why I said it.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by daman

That's a little foolish

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I wish they would go to Tawakoni twice in the north division. We pretty well decided we are done with Roberts. We will just fish a few in the north and a few in the east rather than hit all 4 in the north.

This would be about the only thing to make me quit fishing Champs. We SUCK on Tawakoni and can't ever seem to figure anything out no matter what we do. And that is crazy because more limits are caught on that lake than any other that we fish annually. Ray Roberts has kind of been our go to lake, so let's go there twice a year!

Reality is Chad and Jeff have a really hard balancing act of doing what's best for their business while also keep everyone out there happy. They (and all other tourneys) go where they can get local money for bringing a big event to the area and where they think they will draw the teams they need to maintain their current corporate sponsorship's "required" demographics, etc. Talk to any tournament trail owner out there of any size and you will get the same answer.

Mark - will you please give me some lessons on how to catch a fish over 2# on Tawakoni? smile

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

This would be about the only thing to make me quit fishing Champs. We SUCK on Tawakoni and can't ever seem to figure anything out no matter what we do. And that is crazy because more limits are caught on that lake than any other that we fish annually. Ray Roberts has kind of been our go to lake, so let's go there twice a year!

Reality is Chad and Jeff have a really hard balancing act of doing what's best for their business while also keep everyone out there happy. They (and all other tourneys) go where they can get local money for bringing a big event to the area and where they think they will draw the teams they need to maintain their current corporate sponsorship's "required" demographics, etc. Talk to any tournament trail owner out there of any size and you will get the same answer.

Mark - will you please give me some lessons on how to catch a fish over 2# on Tawakoni? smile

I'm the last person that needs to be giving fishing lessons. We don't hate Roberts, we just do not enjoy fishing bigger tournaments on it and for us fishing has to be fun. I am not criticizing Chad and Jeff at all, they know what they are doing and are good at what they do. Their emphasis is on keeping the majority happy as it should be. R

We will just split events over two divisions to keep it fun for us.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 02:48 PM

"Fun" is way too hard to come by these days

I will be honest. I am kinda glad that we have a bit of a groundhog day schedule. I hate cedar creek but it's a familiar foe so to speak. I love Tawak , don't mind Fork, and I am learning to like Roberts.

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G

I'm the last person that needs to be giving fishing lessons. We don't hate Roberts, we just do not enjoy fishing bigger tournaments on it and for us fishing has to be fun. I am not criticizing Chad and Jeff at all, they know what they are doing and are good at what they do. Their emphasis is on keeping the majority happy as it should be. R

We will just split events over two divisions to keep it fun for us.

I never thought you were saying anything bad about Chad or Jeff.

I will trade you info on Roberts for help on Tawakoni. I am no Barrett on Ray Bob but we manage to cash checks there from time to time.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 06:57 PM

After reading the feeding fish cubes/dog food thread, I can see why there’s a long off limits. Never in my life thought people would feed fish before tournaments and find it ethical. I’m sure that it’s very few, but still.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
After reading the feeding fish cubes/dog food thread, I can see why there’s a long off limits. Never in my life thought people would feed fish before tournaments and find it ethical. I’m sure that it’s very few, but still.

Guess I missed that thread.
A good lie detector can solve those issues.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/15/21 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Guess I missed that thread.
A good lie detector can solve those issues.

It’s the “baiting holes” post down a few. I can understand crappie and catfish guys defending it, but bass anglers defending it... bang
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/16/21 02:36 AM

Maybe Falcon is the Championship lake next year?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: 2022 Bass Champs - 09/16/21 03:23 AM

Why is it that people jump to the conclusion that someone is "Whining" if they have an opinion on a trail?

Anyway, as to Tawakoni... I won't get into the trope about the lake, but I will say this... It is my opinion that people think too much about it. I do best (not won anything big, but done decently in Champs and club tournaments) when I just get out there and fish. Mind you, I am more of a bank-beater/shallow water fisherman. I can see why those that do well on Roberts struggle on TWok - It really is a cover lake, rather than structure...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum