Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex Shaft

Posted By: Skeeter2020

Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 01:48 AM

Anyone ever broke the shaft on an ultrex? I did and I am looking to replace it? First off, can you buy a replacement? Second, how difficult is it?
Posted By: cwil

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 04:07 AM

I believe the shaft is lifetime warranty. A buddy of mine broke his and it was replaced by Minnkota.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by cwil
I believe the shaft is lifetime warranty. A buddy of mine broke his and it was replaced by Minnkota.

The shaft is bonded to the center section at the factory.

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 05:32 PM

If I read correctly that warranty only covers the original purchaser? That’s not me unfortunately
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 08:06 PM

Broke 2 shafts, Each time it broke it was still intact but cracked very badly, if I turned a certain way the shaft would bend out.

First one was my very first outing with my new boat. 2nd time it took 3 good bends on separate occasions that cracked the shaft enough to make it an issue.

I thought it was lifetime of the product not owner. But I may be wrong.
Posted By: Choctaw Angler

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 08:31 PM

Following for future reference #inevitable
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/13/21 09:38 PM

A little birdie told me that the warranty is not only for the original owner. In fact, I’ve taken my Ultrex in twice and neither time did they even care to see a receipt from purchase. They ran the serial number and said “I’ll have it ready Friday”. I could have been the 3rd, 4th, or 5th owner, stole it, didn’t matter. They only wanted to see the serial number as it reflected the build date(beginning of warranty).
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/14/21 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
A little birdie told me that the warranty is not only for the original owner. In fact, I’ve taken my Ultrex in twice and neither time did they even care to see a receipt from purchase. They ran the serial number and said “I’ll have it ready Friday”. I could have been the 3rd, 4th, or 5th owner, stole it, didn’t matter. They only wanted to see the serial number as it reflected the build date(beginning of warranty).

I have heard this also.
Posted By: Mark C

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/14/21 02:16 AM

That was my experience at All Star in Garland.

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/14/21 02:49 AM

When you say you took it in? Are y’all just taking it to a minn Kota dealer? I’m near Fort Worth, so any suggestions is appreciated.
Posted By: Jiff7210

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/27/21 05:16 PM

I cracked the shaft on mine and had a similar experience as above. I was not the original owner but figured what the heck and took it to the repair center. Not only did they replace the shaft but they replaced the entire lower unit because of water intrusion. In my opinion Minn Kota doesn't get enough credit for their warranty.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/27/21 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter2020
When you say you took it in? Are y’all just taking it to a minn Kota dealer? I’m near Fort Worth, so any suggestions is appreciated.

Take it to an authorized service center. I’d recommend Zack at Southwestern Parts & Service. That’s who repaired mine. Fast and good work.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/27/21 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter2020

Take it to an authorized service center. I’d recommend Zack at Southwestern Parts & Service. That’s who repaired mine. Fast and good work.

Minnkota and Zach make a good combo he has taken such good care of my stuff. Truly appreciate someone with that kind of service and quality work.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/27/21 11:34 PM

Allstar marine fixed my broken Fortrex shaft (thank you Amon Carter south lake) when they were in Lewisville (now in Garland)
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/28/21 09:15 AM

broke a fortrex shaft, they will not send a new one to the owner it has to go to a service center to be repaired.

fortrex was a lifetime warranty, no idea if they have changed
Posted By: cwil

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/29/21 02:50 AM

If you haven't had it fixed yet, and you are in Fort Worth, you could contact Borris Marine off of 820, they've fixed me up before. I'm sure they'd take care of you.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Ultrex Shaft - 09/29/21 01:14 PM

Hard to beat All Star in Garland. .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum