Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon or Amistad

Posted By: MJS34

Falcon or Amistad - 09/06/21 02:30 PM

Sounds funny in September but starting to think about our trip down the week between Christmas and New Years. Thinking about going somewhere different this year. I know they are both down 40 feet which seems unreal my normal lake around hear would be almost dry at that. Between Falcon and Amistad were would you go? We bass fish shallow power type fishing.

Looking for info about how are they to get around on at this level is it safe or run at your own risk type deals?

Is one better fishing than the other?

How about places to stay like cabins and stuff close to ramps?

Just thinking about exploring a little other wise we will got back to Mnt Pleasant area and bounce around several lakes in that area like we normally do.

Thanks
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/06/21 04:27 PM

That time of the year on Falcon could spoil you. Contact James at Falcon Lake Tackle to confirm this. Amistad scenery is better but fishing can be spotty.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/06/21 07:54 PM

The "F" one for sure..
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/06/21 10:22 PM

I wouldn’t go to Amistad at that time of year and expect to fish shallow.
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 12:01 AM

Falcon, at the current level, fishes small. You can add some, if you trek over to the Mex side. I've been winter fishing Falcon for 10 years. The last two, with the low water have been less than the years pass. If it raises 10-15 feet between now and then. breakdance
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 12:26 AM

Whichever one you go to make sure to bring the Glock

Or a full auto preferably if you have one
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 12:45 AM

Ivie..
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by 6BOOMER
Ivie..

thumb

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 01:51 AM

Okay we are open just want to catch some fish and get away for a week. Why Ivie? same questions about places to stay easy of getting on and getting around good winter fishing? We got 3 months to figure it out. It looks to be about 3 hours closer.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 01:58 AM

Look down

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 09:26 AM

Yea I see the big fish thread. But on a realistic note how is the fishing can you catch a few normally or is it a grind and you maybe catch a giant?

Why does carrying guns come up in every Falcon thread? Is it safe? If you got to carry a gun to safely fish a place you can count us out?

Just getting ideals.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by MJS34
Yea I see the big fish thread. But on a realistic note how is the fishing can you catch a few normally or is it a grind and you maybe catch a giant?

Why does carrying guns come up in every Falcon thread? Is it safe? If you got to carry a gun to safely fish a place you can count us out?

Just getting ideals.

Gotta drum up the drama for the falcon deal. Steed been posting 30# threads from down there but some folk still bring up the guns etc. hadn’t heard from anyone on here recently about any issue, the Amistad deal from a month or so has gone away and gotten quite. Ivie can humble the best and it can give you the best day ever but it’s getting a lot of pressure. Pick one and just go have fun, that’s the best advice anyone can give.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/07/21 03:34 PM

It’s going to really be a timing thing. If a bad front comes thru that week kiss Falcon goodbye. Amistad is a little more consistent after fronts. If you do catch a stretch of good weather though Falcon could be tough to beat. Remember you will be on a wide open border. Keep your head on a swivel but you should be good to go.

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/08/21 12:42 AM

Thanks guys. One thing for sure we always have fun just getting away and to different places. We added Caddo in the mix last year and only caught 3 bass all day but it was a killer day just looking around don't see stuff like that up here in NE OK. We normally do the power plant lakes but all three were running cold last year. Still caught fish but not the same and that has us thinking about exploring this time. We will see.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/08/21 12:49 PM

Falcon and book a day with steed or adami. Ivie will be full of boats and you could run into some horribly cold weather. Falcon is actually fishing good
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/09/21 01:05 PM

Falcon or Amistad and book Ray Hanselman.
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/09/21 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by GMTK
Falcon or Amistad and book Ray Hanselman.

+1
Posted By: 361V

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/09/21 09:51 PM

Always Falcon
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/10/21 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by 361V
Always Falcon

Yep!

Re: Falcon or Amistad - 09/10/21 12:49 AM

Thanks guys I will keep a eye on water levels and keep researching and thinking. Have added Belton, Whitney and Stillhouse to the possibilities kinda like the ideal of Beltons large and small mouth and having three lakes fairly close to try in a week. Never know keep the info coming.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum