Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine ramps

Posted By: TheHaydonSmith

Palestine ramps - 09/02/21 05:01 PM

We are wanting to fish Palestine the next couple of weekends but have a 21ft FXR, what is the absolute BEST ramp to launch at where we won’t break an axle and we can easily get the rig off and back on? Tia!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/02/21 05:37 PM

The marinas are your friend... But it depends on where you want to fish on the lake and whether you know the running patterns.
Posted By: Stew

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/02/21 05:51 PM

The Villages is the best ramp, but with the water at full pool, just about all of the ramps will work. The only ramps I would recommend are the Villages, Lake Palestine Resort, and Palestine Marina in the back of Saline. Had my truck and trailer stolen from the free launch in Saline several years ago, so don't go there no matter what.
Posted By: rkd

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/02/21 06:29 PM

Stew is right about all ramps. I haven't used it but the ramp at the dam is supposed to also be a good one. Villages gets my vote for the best overall ramp.

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/02/21 06:34 PM

Ok, thank y’all…… the one by the dam is called the deep end or something around that isn’t it?

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/02/21 07:16 PM

Yes, Deep End Public Boat Ramp. If you're fishing the mid to south end of lake, Deep End or Lake Palestine Marina will be best locations. If you plan on fishing north of 155, I would use the Villages.
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by TheHaydonSmith
Ok, thank y’all…… the one by the dam is called the deep end or something around that isn’t it?

So you are from Tyler launching an FX and you don’t know the ramps on Palestine?

Did you vote for Biden too???

Villages or LP Resort is safe…deep end and Smith County #2 you may or may not have truck or trailer when you get back…
Posted By: wild bill

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 12:17 PM

McLovin’ Haydon Smith is a Kid. dont think he is old enough to drive and for sure not old enough to vote. He will fish with the Lindale high school team this year. Super nice young man trying to learn the ramps/ lakes in East Texas.
wild bill

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 12:59 PM

If Haydon is a kid and working on ramp knowledge, I'd definitely recommend the Villages. Nice wide open ramp(s) in case he's slightly off center, and plenty of parking lot room to maneuver a trailer around. The LP Resort can a little "rough" (intimidating) if there's a long line of trucks waiting to put in and parking lot is full. Parking can be a little tight at times.
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 01:12 PM

I've met Haydon as well. I 'll second the super nice kid comment. Probably around 16 if I was to guess and fishes with his dad. Nothing wrong with asking for ramp info on a lake you've never been to before. thumb
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 01:41 PM

Sorry guys, didn’t know Hayden was a young guy…my apologies Hayden.

If THSBA is doing the weigh in at deep end I would NOT use that ramp. It gets to be little crowded down there.
When I was a captain for THSBA, we launched at LP Resort and trailered to Deep End

Good luck in your tournament

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 03:03 PM

No sir just a 14 year old high school angler trying to not tear up a $80k boat on a bad ramp👍 I appreciate all the kind comments on me and I always try to respect whoever I meet, wherever I meet them whether I agree with them or not….. Again, I appreciate everyones input and hope to get out on the stine soon!
Posted By: HookaToad

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by McLovin’
Originally Posted by TheHaydonSmith

So you are from Tyler launching an FX and you don’t know the ramps on Palestine?

Did you vote for Biden too???

Villages or LP Resort is safe…deep end and Smith County #2 you may or may not have truck or trailer when you get back…

completely unnecessary ...if you want to get into a political debate there is a thread on vaccines.

Good luck Hayden and when you do use the ramp don't let the guys behind you pressure you into making a mistake. Everyone one of us had to learn and start somewhere.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 03:57 PM

Good luck Haydon. Yall be safe, have fun, and catch some big'uns!

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 05:52 PM

👍 we won’t, our goal it to make everyone else at the ramp look like beginners with our loads😉

Re: Palestine ramps - 09/08/21 05:52 PM

Will do!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum