Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake….

Posted By: SkeeterGuy1

Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/22/21 04:28 PM

Not sure how recently it was changed but it is under the rules online now. Anyone heard about this??
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/22/21 05:01 PM

That is a typo and it will be corrected. My good friend is the Game Warden out there and when he saw it yesterday he talked to our local biologist and he said it was just a typo. Not to mention he way it’s worded it wouldn’t even be a slot lake. It would be you can only keep fish under 16”.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/22/21 06:49 PM

just the fish from Monti are slot fish huh
Posted By: jlp1

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/22/21 08:35 PM

I saw the new regulations also. So is it going to be corrected to be a slot? As it reads now it's 5 fish 16" and under.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/22/21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by jlp1
I saw the new regulations also. So is it going to be corrected to be a slot? As it reads now it's 5 fish 16" and under.

My understanding is that it's staying the way it was. 14" minimum with a 5 fish bag limit.
Posted By: SkeeterGuy1

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/23/21 11:46 AM

Looks like anything under 16” can be kept and anything over 24” can be “temporarily retained in a live well and immediately weighed using personal scales”…. And then anything over 13 pounds gets turned over to ShareLunker or immediately released. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tim Bister

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/23/21 01:06 PM

Sorry for the confusion. This is indeed an error that was made on the TPWD website and the Outdoor Annual App.

The reservoir is still under the statewide limits for black bass. We will work to make the correction today.

Tim Bister
District Fisheries Biologist
Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/23/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Bister
Sorry for the confusion. This is indeed an error that was made on the TPWD website and the Outdoor Annual App.

The reservoir is still under the statewide limits for black bass. We will work to make the correction today.

Tim Bister

cheers Excellent
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/23/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Bister

Tim Bister

There are also discrepancies between what the outdoor annual and the app for some counties deer season dates and bag limits.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Bob Sandlin now a Slot Lake…. - 08/27/21 09:11 PM

Found this one too in outdoor annual

Antlerless may be taken during archery, youth and muzzleloader season except in counties marked with W1

I'm in one of those W1 counties but when you look under county listing its states you can shoot antlerless deer during archery season so whether you can have kids shoot them during early or late youth season its clear as mud bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum