Texas Fishing Forum

UT Dallas Fishing Team

Posted By: Lee S

UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/21/21 05:24 PM

My son is a junior at UT Dallas and is looking for a partner to start a college fishing team. If anyone on here is interested or knows someone that is, please text my son at 254-580-3003. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Tim Haugh

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/22/21 11:45 AM

When they start a team, they need to check out the new college trail in Texas starting up, Collegiate Bass Trail of Texas.

www.collegiatebasstrailoftexas.com
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/23/21 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lee S
My son is a junior at UT Dallas and is looking for a partner to start a college fishing team. If anyone on here is interested or knows someone that is, please text my son at 254-580-3003. Thanks for any help.

UTDallas had a team from about 2011-2014, i was on it for a couple years. Was very hard to drum up interest and support so it died after we graduated. Have your son talk to the Club sports director, whoever that might be now, they have some tools that could be helpful. Good luck!
Posted By: LeonSulak

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/23/21 06:15 PM

I actually had the opportunity to be the person that started the bass fishing team there back in 2010. Chris McAlpine was our contact in club sports at the university. He may still work there. Let me know if you need any help. The school did provide some stuff for us back in the day.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/24/21 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Haugh
When they start a team, they need to check out the new college trail in Texas starting up, Collegiate Bass Trail of Texas.

www.collegiatebasstrailoftexas.com

WAWI and I are in night school and we will be fishing it
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/25/21 11:56 AM

I was thinking of quitting my job and going back to college just so I could fish this as well. Is 57 years too old?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/25/21 01:42 PM

Not too old, Austin College in Sherman had a sixty year old kicker.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/25/21 03:21 PM

Im applying to law school in a few months and I have asked a few schools if I can fish on their teams and everyone has said yes lol so never too old.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: UT Dallas Fishing Team - 08/25/21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by David Welcher
I was thinking of quitting my job and going back to college just so I could fish this as well. Is 57 years too old?

I got asked to enroll and play on a college golf team when I was in my early 30's
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum