Texas Fishing Forum

Looking for volunteer boaters to be paired with a Veteran to fish an open tournament

Posted By: HooksetBrother - Adam

Looking for volunteer boaters to be paired with a Veteran to fish an open tournament - 08/19/21 05:17 PM

This is the 8th annual Combat Recovery Benefit Tournament on Lake Palestine. This year marks the 20th anniversary of Sept 11th plus all that’s going on with Afghanistan makes this year that much more important to our Heroes. The event has two meanings one it helps Hookset Brothers Combat Recovery 501c3 raise funds for their mission to help provide peace to combat veterans through the outdoors. 2nd it’s an opportunity to be paired up with a Veteran as your tournament partner providing them a day on the water and a chance to compete for their share of the $10,000 in guaranteed payouts.

Previous years our tournament has averaged over 100 boats but this year a few new tournaments decided to pop up around East Texas potentially taking away from the 2 tournaments in East Texas that have been on the very same weekend 8 & 28 years running. One that is in support of our first responders via Mad Dog Moore and our Soldiers via ours Combat Recovery Benefit Tournament.

So I’m asking any and all from the bottom of my heart as a Wounded Veteran from both the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars please consider being apart of this years event either as a registered team or as a volunteer boater to be paired with a Veteran. We’ve got Veterans waiting on open seats

You can register online at www.hooksetbrothers.org

Attached picture 896C4B3A-4090-4F07-9826-1B53DC209A5B.jpeg
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Looking for volunteer boaters to be paired with a Veteran to fish an open tournament - 08/19/21 06:03 PM

Hookset,
I tried the link but noticed hookset was misspelled. I found the site, and will look into it. From a fellow combat vet, thanks for your service.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum