Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow

Posted By: fish_n_dude

Broken Bow - 08/19/21 05:15 PM

Headed up there in a couple weeks. Has anyone been up there lately? I’m planning on trying for trout below the dam and bringing the boat for largemouth on the lake.
Posted By: Jiggy wid it

Re: Broken Bow - 08/19/21 06:15 PM

Following
Posted By: 361V

Re: Broken Bow - 08/19/21 06:34 PM

Might want to post this in the Freshwater section for more responses. Good luck!
Posted By: SmalljawNH

Re: Broken Bow - 08/19/21 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by fish_n_dude
Headed up there in a couple weeks. Has anyone been up there lately? I’m planning on trying for trout below the dam and bringing the boat for largemouth on the lake.

I haven't been lately but plan to do the same thing with the boat and fly fish LMF this fall / winter. Not sure if you're fly fishing in the tailwaters but I understand there's a Hex hatch winding down. OK Dept of Wildlife Conservation has some decent Trout Information regarding the hatches if you're there. I'm sure if you stop in a fly shop and buy some stuff, they'll give you some insight. Usually, the guides are pretty good about sharing some information if you're buying flies and whatnot from them.

Please feel free to post a report if you're inclined to. I love the broken bow area. It would be great to tie into a couple walleye too. If you like to eat fish, walleye are excellent table fare and I recommend keeping one if you get the chance.
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Broken Bow - 08/20/21 11:25 AM

I went 3 weeks ago. Top water bite is unbelievable on that lake. Just throw you a chrome chug bug with a orange throat for the first 3 hours up against a deep shady bluff, you should catch at least 20 fish. Have you a backup bait ready if they miss it like a sinko or a fluke.
Posted By: fish_n_dude

Re: Broken Bow - 08/20/21 12:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I’m hoping my trolling motor gets repaired before then! Otherwise that’s gonna be a difficult trip!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum