Texas Fishing Forum

Graph covers

Posted By: Top Waters

Graph covers - 08/17/21 06:30 PM

I am sure there are many good options to strap graph covers on while trailering. I have been looking for a good method and would love to hear what others have used successfully. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 06:36 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 06:39 PM

Gets the job done
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
[Linked Image]

Beat me to it.

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 06:41 PM

Don’t over think it. No one cares if your graph cover retaining method is state of the art or not.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 06:42 PM

I use Velcro straps. You can get them on Amazon very cheap
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 10:13 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Graph covers - 08/17/21 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Don’t over think it. No one cares if your graph cover retaining method is state of the art or not.

Thanks man. I was literally losing sleep wondering whether people thought I was doing it right. Your post really made me feel better about myself. Can't believe I was putting so much thought and research into something so simple. And yes, I am being sarcastic.

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Top Waters

Thanks man. I was literally losing sleep wondering whether people thought I was doing it right. Your post really made me feel better about myself. Can't believe I was putting so much thought and research into something so simple. And yes, I am being sarcastic.

clap
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 12:35 AM

Sounds like you need your pillow fluffed

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Sounds like you need your pillow fluffed

LOL. I absolutely need my pillow fluffed.

The reason I asked is because I finally have a boat with hi-tech cool graphs that actually have covers and instead of trial by error and losing my covers flying down the road a few times figuring it out on my own I thought I'd reach out to the experts to see what works best for everyone.

So thanks to those who have responded.
Posted By: T-Slab

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 02:44 AM

Velcro straps. Been using them for years. Buy it in the roll and cut to fit.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 03:20 AM

I have found these to be superior to bungee cords and tarp straps. thumb

Bigg Lugg Tool Straps
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 11:53 AM

I went with velcro straps.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0054RTC3K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image
Posted By: ~Moose~

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 12:40 PM

I use these because I thought they were pretty cool. They have changed the design a little and raised the price some, but still pretty cool in my opinion. https://boatefx.com/products/boatefx-electronic-graph-cover-trap

[Linked Image]
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by ~Moose~
I use these because I thought they were pretty cool. They have changed the design a little and raised the price some, but still pretty cool in my opinion. https://boatefx.com/products/boatefx-electronic-graph-cover-trap

[Linked Image]

You can get something similar from Lloyd at Xcite Baits...not only local but a friend of the site.

https://xcitebaits.com/

PS: Call as they're not on his site yet
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 01:02 PM

[Linked Image]

That's one expensive bungee cord.
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 02:32 PM

I just pop off my Garmins and put them in a storage compartment while driving. Takes 20 seconds to put them back on

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 03:07 PM

Most secure the covers on while driving to help prevent screen damage from flying debris/pebbles/etc.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Most secure the covers on while driving to help prevent screen damage from flying debris/pebbles/etc.

Other than your bow mount, which could possibly get a rock hit , why would you even put one on the console? It faces away from any debris that might fly at it while traveling and most of them are behind the windshield. If I'm going more than an hour away, I normally pull my graphs off anyway. Had two stolen off the boat at gas stations. Star Mart at Fork was the most memorable. Broad daylight with folks around. Some of those meth heads have stones like bowling balls.

Re: Graph covers - 08/18/21 06:46 PM

Yes, if you have the ability to easily remove them and store them in a more secure location; that would be ideal (which is what I do for the bow graphs).

Re: Graph covers - 08/20/21 04:15 PM

Thanks Fellas.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Graph covers - 08/21/21 01:11 AM

[Linked Image]

Me too... Dan thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum