Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird Solix 15

Posted By: Ranger Guy

Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/13/21 09:20 PM

My Humminbird Solix 15 will not come on. Check power and everything I know to check. Anyone else have issues with this unit? Does the unit have a fuse somewhere?
Posted By: 903anthonylee

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/13/21 09:49 PM

Mine would not come on because of the mapping SD card was not compatable. Take the SD card out and turn it on.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/13/21 10:04 PM

Yes there supposed to have a fuse.
Posted By: dan805

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/14/21 01:51 AM

Mine wouldn’t come on because the ground was loose at the ground post.
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/14/21 06:21 AM

Solix 15 should have a 7.5 amp fuse. Did you check the end of the cable and the connection on the back of the unit? I can’t remember off the top of my head if the small pins are on the end of the power cable or the back of the unit. Check to make sure those aren’t bent. I have seen those get bent & when you plug the cable in, you think everything is connected but the pins are not going into the holes. Check to see if boat has a master power switch. Some people have it wired to that switch.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/14/21 05:53 PM

Google is your friend

https://www.humminbird.com/support/faqs/CommonChecks

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/15/21 12:06 AM

Thank you to all that have replied. So the graph worked fine last time on the water. So it quit working while it sat. I do recall getting a "low voltage" warning on the graph a couple of times so may be where I need to start. Anyone get this low voltage warning message and what did you do? Also where is the fuse located on the Humminbird Solix 15?
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/15/21 12:56 AM

There is no fuse on the unit, installation instructions recommend one between the unit and the battery. The Solix is ridiculously sensitive to low voltage. Like others mentioned, make sure your battery terminal connections are clean and tight. It's best for each unit to have a set of independent cables going straight to the battery; splicing into wires powering other stuff like dash gauges or lights can cause trouble.

I had low voltage alerts often until I ran a set of 10 gauge cable and a fuse for each unit.
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 01:44 PM

Solix 15's are voltage sensative, power consuming machines. Especially Gen 1's. They are also sensative to heat...but when performing correctly are awesome graphs. Do as others have suggested but would highly recommend at minimum 10 gauge wiring. 8 worked better for me.

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 02:58 PM

When I plugged by battery charger in the graph came on. Tested the battery the graph is hooked to and its showing a little over 12 volts. This is the starting battery and only 800 CCA so I think I need to upgrade to a larger CCA battery as its running all three graphs on my boat.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 03:37 PM

Those big graphs pull a lotta juice. Many guys that fish for a living are going to a separate battery (that's right 5 batts) in their boats so they never lose a graph.
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 03:48 PM

I am running two Helix 12's at the console and two Helix 9 and a Helix 7 at the bow on my boat. So far it never lose any power to them but my battery is just two years old and I keep them on charge when the boat is not on the water under my carport.
My plan when these batteries start giving me problems is going with a 36v lithium for my Ultrex and a 12v lithium for my main engine and graphs. If I start seeing my graphs dropping below the 12v mark I will add an dedicated 12v lithium just for my graphs.
I have enough weight on the back of my boat now with 4 - group size 31 Interstate batteries.
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 03:49 PM

I have (3) gen 1 15" Solix units and they are POWER HUNGRY. I would have issues by early afternoon many times due to the battery getting so low. As others have stated, they are extremely voltage sensitive. I ran a dedicated 8 gauge wire to a fuse box dedicated just for my electronics under my console. The power cords to my 2 console units connected directly to the fuse box. I ran a 10 gauge wire from the fuse box up to the bow for that unit. I spliced that wire to the unit's power cord. "Outdoordude" is correct, there is no fuse on the actual unit itself but the 15 requires a 7.5 amp fuse between the battery and the unit. I just like the fuse box because everything is right there for all my electronics. The CCA needed for the battery depends on the motor you have. You want a battery that has a higher "reserve capacity". That's what determines how long your electronics can run. I have a battery that has 1125 CCA and 1325 CA and 190 Reserve minutes and that's not enough for my electronics. I added a lithium battery just for my electronics and now I don't have any issues. Many people are using the Northstar and X2 Batteries which are "Beasts of a Battery". They are made by the same company. Even those batteries aren't enough for a lot of people.
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 05:25 PM

If you drop the back lighting down to 8 it will make a significant difference on amp draw
Posted By: dan805

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 05:56 PM

I received the low voltage warning on multiple units. All were resolved once I realized the grounds were not tight on the ground block. Once tightened then all was good to go. No problems since, and I check the posts every few trips. Never found. Them lose again. Knock wood

Re: Humminbird Solix 15 - 08/16/21 07:52 PM

Thanks to all for the info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum