Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Hubbard - Construction

Posted By: TDR2

Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/10/21 05:46 PM

They started the construction process on 30 recently and its going to be a massive project.

http://www.keepitmovingdallas.com/p...ject-from-bass-pro-drive-to-w-of-fm-2642

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqh4XwvU4FA

Im guessing itll be like Lewisville where they limit the access around the current bridges during construction. It'll be interesting to see how it affects those prominent fishing holes in the future.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/10/21 09:53 PM

Wait. You're saying there are "prominent fishing holes" on Ray Hubbard??? Given my past performance and our practice the last two weeks I'm not sure there's a bass in the lake longer than 10 inches. Someday you'll need to demonstrate Mr Ross. roflmao
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/10/21 10:20 PM

Have they started groundwork? Or have they actually started on the bridges?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/10/21 11:11 PM

Luckily this appears to be new bridges rather than a replacement of existing. It will still impact all of the rip-rap it appears!
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/11/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Wait. You're saying there are "prominent fishing holes" on Ray Hubbard??? Given my past performance and our practice the last two weeks I'm not sure there's a bass in the lake longer than 10 inches. Someday you'll need to demonstrate Mr Ross. roflmao

Trust me, it's not me catching them there! But I think we both know some guys that have them figured out.

They placed the pins for the piers last year during covid. They were supposely placing concrete barriers and preparing moving equipment in to the area today. Im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to correct my errors.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/11/21 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by TDR2
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

Trust me, it's not me catching them there! But I think we both know some guys that have them figured out.

They placed the pins for the piers last year during covid. They were supposely placing concrete barriers and preparing moving equipment in to the area today. Im sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon to correct my errors.

Hopefully they will drain the gar hole
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: Ray Hubbard - Construction - 08/11/21 08:45 PM

It is not as big of a problem as you would think it is, on Lewisville it gave us a lot more good fishing areas before they ripped it all up after the completion. the floating barges hold fish when you are allowed access and there was a lot of make shift walls for loading and unloading that held good fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum