Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville another dock owner incident!

Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 03:31 PM

Went out on Lewisville for a few hours last night with an old friend that wanted to go fishing. we fished in a few marina's because of the wind, towards the end of our trip we went into tower bay marina and we were idling around to an old spot behind some boat houses, there was a homemade scare crow type thing hanging off one of the cross cables and some crazy guy on the dock there was trying to spray us with a water hose and yelling at us that we can not fish back there and that is what the thing hanging was saying to boaters. after a short argument that seemed to get heated up more this guy was threatening to kick our buts and yelling things about redneck hillbilly and he had been in prison then he said he was going to get his gun and shoot us so I called the police. the whole time that we were waiting on the police another person had come out and got in on it and was shining a bright spotlight at us even as the cops pulled up. I guess that I will make many more trips back there and I will be getting ahold of the game warden to report what is going on they do not have the right to tell people that they cannot have access to water and that they cannot fish that area of the lake. There is a lot more to what was discussed and it was pretty comical until he said he was going to get his gun he seemed to be drunk or on something. Good luck [Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 03:36 PM

What did the cops say?
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 03:42 PM

We’re ya’ in a boat? How’d you get back there?

What did cops say?
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 03:52 PM

Jeez i thought that was my fishing spot
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 05:21 PM

Did the cops do anything?

Threatening someone with a firearm could possibly be a felony offense.

Could have called a warden, they probably treat on the water threats a little more seriously than a city cop.

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 06:06 PM

cops did not do much, working with warden for future events I plan on revisiting that spot
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter man ZX225
cops did not do much, working with warden for future events I plan on revisiting that spot

You should check and see if a report was made. With nuts like that, threatening incidents should be recorded. If he was in prison, possessing a firearm might get him a return visit. If I were you, I'd call the PD and speak with a supervisor to see if a report was made. Drunk felons threatening people with firearms just don't cut it.

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 06:21 PM

What police department responded?

If a threat of violence is made by using a weapon, that should have been taken seriously.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 06:33 PM

Scumbags everywhere these days. Fished back there before in a buddies boat. Wish the cops would have done more
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 06:50 PM

I fish that marina all the time. Haven't been out at night but I will not stop fishing there. I was with Sammy Banno on Tawakoni and this happened. The owner was wrong and we knew it. He started fishing off his dock when we got in there. We finished, Sammy turned the boat around and gave him a bath when we left. Laughed for days. The jerk is still there too.
Posted By: WattoFish

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 07:31 PM

Why not call the operator of the Marina and file a complaint?

Pretty sure they would want to learn of potential liabilities on "their" properties especially with someone who is threatening violence with a gun.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 08:12 PM

Fished in there during a night tournament a couple weeks ago. That is a wierd looking deal they have hanging from the cable. I usually just try to ignore morons or tell them to f off. But threatening to get a gun deserves a call to a warden
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 08:16 PM

It was on the Rez in MS, we were actually shot at in broad daylight, it came from one of three house boats in the marina. They were all dark inside and all the widows were open, and we were very close. The bullet from a .22 ricocheted off the water 15 feet from my boat and hit the apartment complex across the street. Scared the chit out of us and hauled butt out of there. Wish I’d of stopped and called the cops. Be careful out there.

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by SRitchey
I fish that marina all the time. Haven't been out at night but I will not stop fishing there. I was with Sammy Banno on Tawakoni and this happened. The owner was wrong and we knew it. He started fishing off his dock when we got in there. We finished, Sammy turned the boat around and gave him a bath when we left. Laughed for days. The jerk is still there too.

My father, Sammy and Charlie were close business associates and friends. My dad and I were talking about them not long ago
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 08:35 PM

Bubba will take care of them.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mudd

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 09:24 PM

Easy don’t fish a recreational lake and you won’t have issues……
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 10:35 PM

That scarecrow thing is interesting
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 11:07 PM

Its a viking,
His name is willie.
Don't mess with Willie.
Some one stole him a few years ago.
I paid the old drunk to keep all you fools off that spot. Not that there are any fish there....

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 11:12 PM

If you get the warden involved, the marina will lower the bridge and none of us will be able to access it.
The marina already put a walkway on the other side of the point for the sole purpose of stopping boats from going back there.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 11:12 PM

Did you have any problems getting under the walkways? That’s good water back there. One way in and one way out. Gotta go down to the end and U-turn. Biggens spawn in there in spring and hang out at night in summer. I can see why he ran you off. I’d fish that place as much as you can. All public waters.
Posted By: Ben B

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by mudd

Cool, thanks rolleyes
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ben B

Cool, thanks rolleyes

always one in the crowd...
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/08/21 11:49 PM

you must not fish much then..
Posted By: Theroofingguy

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
What police department responded?

If a threat of violence is made by using a weapon, that should have been taken seriously.

Should have been Lewisville PD, that’s their jurisdiction unless Sheriffs Dept. stepped in
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 02:31 AM

borderline terroristic threat

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 11:17 AM

Talked to game warden next time I am supposed to call Denton County sheriff dep. and ask for warden on duty and they will arrest this person or persons. And if he threatens with a gun he will have another charge to face even if he does not produce one. As for lowering the walkway to keep fisherman out this will also cause the dock renters to not be able to get their jet skies in and out too.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 02:45 PM

be sure and video it , that way he can't deny saying it.
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 05:35 PM

If a lake is public water, the public has the right to boat the entire lake, and to fish from a boat (subject to regulation by government entities). A person who interferes with a lawful boater may be committing the crime of obstructing a waterway and/or harassment.

had a sketchy deal happen on lake arlington last week fishing a dock with brush piles around it for crappie guy said it was private and called the arlington PD the cop also said it was private to not fish around it so called the game warden which told the home owner and city cop they were both retards and trying to restrict a public water way and were breaking the law according to The Sportsman's Rights Act! When this stuff happens just call the game warden because sadly most city cops have no idea what the heck is going on...
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 05:55 PM

I had an old battle battle axe on Lake Tyler come out onto her dock and try to chew me out for fishing around it. I told her that she and I both know the water doesn't belong to her but that if she thought she wanted to call the sheriff or game warden I would wait until they got there. She shut up and went back inside.

A couple of years ago her husband was arrested for terrorizing young guys in a jon boat who were fishing there. One of them videoed him. The video was played on the local TV news.

People are nuts.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 06:05 PM

Had a guy spray my boat with a water hose once. Called game warden, told him what happened. It was very satisfying watching him get arrested by the game warden. Dude was straight belligerent with the warden and talked himself into the arrest.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
Had a guy spray my boat with a water hose once. Called game warden, told him what happened. It was very satisfying watching him get arrested by the game warden. Dude was straight belligerent with the warden and talked himself into the arrest.

I would have paid to get sprayed by a water hose yesterday! You called in on the guy? roflmao

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 06:22 PM

Talked to game warden next time I am supposed to call Denton County sheriff dep. and ask for warden on duty and they will arrest this person or persons. And if he threatens with a gun he will have another charge to face even if he does not produce one. As for lowering the walkway to keep fisherman out this will also cause the dock renters to not be able to get their jet skies in and out too.

There were Jet skis in the other section they put the dock up. That did not stop them from putting the walkway in.
Tower bay hates fishermen and purposely does everything they can to harrass any which are not paying them money.
Posted By: Basshead21

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 10:59 PM

Sounds like we just need to have forum party out there. Stack some bass boats in there and have us a good old time. 🤣

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 11:12 PM

In your picture you can see a walkway they tied with ropes that prevents you from going to the back of that cove. How legal do you think that is? Just rope off 50 to 75 yards of a cove.
Next year, that thing maybe welded across the main entrance one morning when they wake up.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet

I would have paid to get sprayed by a water hose yesterday! You called in on the guy? roflmao

Hell yeah I did. It was April. The water didn't bother me. What did was I'm not the only person had an experience with said guy. His neighbor 3 houses down was one of the nicest people I've ever met. He would offer us coffee and fruit anytime he saw us fishing his dock. Heck he even offered me a grilled burger one day. Anyhow, he told me the neighborhood had issues with that guy also so wasn't surprised he sprayed me with water hose.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 11:43 PM

This is why I carry the Glock on any lake I go to that is not Army Corps of Engineers managed. Waiting for the police? nah.. If it came down to it there wouldn't be no waiting.

Considering this lake is ACOE managed, this is a perfect example of disarming a law abiding citizen while being threatened of assault with a deadly weapon by a felon that isn't supposed to have one in the first place.. I will NEVER understand why one should not be allowed to carry a firearm with them on Corps lakes. Welcome to your [censored] backwards government. Disarm the good guy, let the bad guy take advantage of you.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/09/21 11:47 PM

what happened to this?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/pol...other-army-corps-of-engineer-reservoirs/
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/10/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Basshead21
Sounds like we just need to have forum party out there. Stack some bass boats in there and have us a good old time. 🤣

i like the way you think !!!!!!
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/10/21 02:03 AM

Was avoiding coe lakes for this reason until they change the rule. With Biden admin and no new information since this was proposed, I don't think it's happening.
Posted By: Bofish

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/11/21 02:52 PM

Share the land (or water) is just a dream anymore:-(

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/11/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bofish
Share the land (or water) is just a dream anymore:-(

I seem to remember some Native Americans complaining about this in the past...
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/11/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by dk2429
This is why I carry the Glock on any lake I go to that is not Army Corps of Engineers managed. Waiting for the police? nah.. If it came down to it there wouldn't be no waiting.

Considering this lake is ACOE managed, this is a perfect example of disarming a law abiding citizen while being threatened of assault with a deadly weapon by a felon that isn't supposed to have one in the first place.. I will NEVER understand why one should not be allowed to carry a firearm with them on Corps lakes. Welcome to your [censored] backwards government. Disarm the good guy, let the bad guy take advantage of you.

Only a misdemeanor and that's if they find/see it.
Posted By: ford1213

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/15/21 12:47 AM

I used to kayak fish McQueeney. No issues with the dock owners at all other than a couple very angry little dogs who were ready to die defending their turf. But the methbillies in ski boats, damned if they wouldn't try to flip you. Had to always be armed out there in case one tried to hit you.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/15/21 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by deucer02

You should check and see if a report was made. With nuts like that, threatening incidents should be recorded. If he was in prison, possessing a firearm might get him a return visit. If I were you, I'd call the PD and speak with a supervisor to see if a report was made. Drunk felons threatening people with firearms just don't cut it.

thumb

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/15/21 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by outfishdya
In your picture you can see a walkway they tied with ropes that prevents you from going to the back of that cove. How legal do you think that is? Just rope off 50 to 75 yards of a cove.
Next year, that thing maybe welded across the main entrance one morning when they wake up.

I like the way you think! woot

Re: Lewisville another dock owner incident! - 08/15/21 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Originally Posted by dk2429

Only a misdemeanor and that's if they find/see it.

I'm not gonna be anywhere without mine. peep
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum