Texas Fishing Forum

Ivie?

Posted By: StumpJumper1

Ivie? - 08/03/21 05:57 PM

Does anyone know how Ivie is fishing right now? I'm thinking about taking the boy there for a quick trip this week. But I don't want to burn a kitchen pass if it's fishing mediocre.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 06:27 PM

I believe it's well documented that the youtube sensations are swimming live perch around to try and get a bite. Take that for what its worth.......
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 06:30 PM

Which begs the question, if you pay 1000 for a guide trip should the live bait be included ???? Purely hypothetical question
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 06:33 PM

It isn’t great, yesterday was tough. I unloaded at 10 and there was one other tuck at ramp. Only saw two boats on the entire lake. Two weeks ago there was at least forty at the ramp any given weekday. Some of the fly by night guides haven’t been back for a few weeks. Never know when it can happen but numbers aren’t good at all.

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I believe it's well documented that the youtube sensations are swimming live perch around to try and get a bite. Take that for what its worth.......

That didn’t work out to well for him either!
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 09:09 PM

Whites and small blacks are schooling everywhere. Quality bite is definitely tougher than a few weeks ago.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 09:41 PM

Fly by night........ chuckle

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman

It was interesting, many have come stayed a few weeks and figured out its fishing and not catching and left. Oh, the stories I could tell!
Posted By: Cmack

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 11:31 PM

Spent 5 days there a week or so ago. Mostly night fished and it was tough! Lots of surface schooling with 75% being white bass. Everyone we spoke with had similar results. First morning there I weighed a 13.02# for a young man. Fish of a lifetime for sure.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by StumpJumper1
Does anyone know how Ivie is fishing right now? I'm thinking about taking the boy there for a quick trip this week. But I don't want to burn a kitchen pass if it's fishing mediocre.

Where have you been lately, StumpJumper1? Hopefully not Covid!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 11:44 PM

Just wait until it gets cold, they'll be back
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ivie? - 08/03/21 11:53 PM

So if the road trip clowns aren’t down at Choke and they aren’t up at Ivie, where are they going??? LBJ I’m guessing?
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Ivie? - 08/04/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
So if the road trip clowns aren’t down at Choke and they aren’t up at Ivie, where are they going??? LBJ I’m guessing?

East Texas, and hopefully refraining from keeping slots…
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Ivie? - 08/04/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

peep
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Ivie? - 08/04/21 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

It was interesting, many have come stayed a few weeks and figured out its fishing and not catching and left. Oh, the stories I could tell!

Kinda like the Falcon Gold Rush!
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Ivie? - 08/04/21 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

If only there were some folks who lived out here who would have mentioned that this would happen, and that eventually Ivie would turn into Ivie.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Ivie? - 08/05/21 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

popcorn
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum