Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Fishing in Irving, TX?

Posted By: Noopy

Bass Fishing in Irving, TX? - 07/30/21 06:37 PM

I've always enjoyed fishing for panfish and catfish but just last year I got into bass fishing. I have had some nice catches so far but was wondering where I can keep testing bodies of water. I live in the Irving/Las Colinas area in Texas. Bank fisherman as well. I would prefer not to go to lakes but fish ponds and smaller bodies of water. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions!

I usually prefer throwing slower baits with texas rigs and jigs rather than chatters, spinners, etc. The ponds I have been fishing are filled with hydrilla and weeds so my chatter baits always come back covered in junk. Any spot if fine though.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bass Fishing in Irving, TX? - 07/30/21 06:39 PM

There is a decent private lake in irving, Vilbig I believe
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: Bass Fishing in Irving, TX? - 07/30/21 09:32 PM

If you haven't already, look at city parks. Thomas Jefferson is decent.
Google maps will help a lot.
Also look at Coppell and Carrollton. Lots of places to try.
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Bass Fishing in Irving, TX? - 07/30/21 11:24 PM

Victoria Park has a lot of bass in it. Caught a bunch off beds last spring
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Bass Fishing in Irving, TX? - 07/31/21 10:17 PM

Go to La Villita on the northern edge of Las Colinas. There are “no fishing” signs but they usually don’t bother you if you keep your gear/tackle simple. I’ve caught some 4lbers in there and that was when it was new.

There’s also a nice little junction on the north side of 114 just before O’Connor (just west of the private school on the hill). No signs at all. Decent little area.

There are a number of waterways that run behind various apartments. No signs and no one patrols.

Lastly, you can fish the banks of Lake Carolyn from the sidewalk behind the older apartments. Just act like you live there.

Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum