Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Prices

Posted By: Monty Wright

Boat Prices - 07/29/21 12:05 PM

Anyone know what this boat cost new in ‘06?? I gotta think they’re not losing much $ on a 15 year old boat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Troyz

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 12:16 PM

I had a 05 521C with 225 Mercury. Listed for 55K when I bought it.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 12:27 PM

Suggested list price for this boat new was $51,940.00
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 12:52 PM

It's pretty crazy. Some used boats are actually appreciating right now....
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

A boat like mine, much less equipped, just sold on here for about $10k MORE than I paid for mine 3 years ago. I think I could easily double my money if I sold mine m

….sadly, I couldn’t replace it with anything close if I sold it.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 01:01 PM

eeks
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 01:02 PM

That one is worth every penny! cheers
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 01:07 PM

Used boat prices are stupid right now. Used cars are same.

A good bud of mine took his 2016 Skeeter FX21 in for service at Plano Marine. While it was there he noticed a new 2021 FXR 21 priced at $84K. The salesman that sold his FX to him said, "Let me trade you into that new FXR". He said Yeah right, you guys would kill me on trade in. The salesman went back to look at his FX and came back with $53,500 as trade in. That was for a 5 year old boat!
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

A boat like mine, much less equipped, just sold on here for about $10k MORE than I paid for mine 3 years ago. I think I could easily double my money if I sold mine m

….sadly, I couldn’t replace it with anything close if I sold it.

Yep! I'm in the same boat (no pun intended). I could cash mine in but replacing it would cost me an arm and a leg! It's a great time to get OUT of fishing! lol
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 03:19 PM

I don’t think the prices of anything are ever coming down, I’ve been waiting for 15 years for prices to quit increasing and they haven’t lost a step in inflation cost. If you want one, you better just bite the bullet, because they won’t be cheaper tomorrow.

What pains me now, is the cost and decrease in value of graphs. What cost $2k-$3k a few years ago, now is basically worthless to sellers.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 03:59 PM

When I bought my 2013 BassCat Pantera II in 2015, NADA listed it in the low 30k's. Today, six years older, NADA lists it for almost 40k. Insanity.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 05:18 PM

Boat market is insane and it takes like 30 minutes to sell a good one.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 05:33 PM

I paid $62k for my 2017 Chevy dually new. Sold it in the spring 4yrs old 100k miles for $58k. Took me two months to get the new truck I ordered. Anything used now is outrageous including boats. I don't see used or new boat prices ever coming down. Too much of a demand. Save your money, and get what you want because it's going to sting. lol
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 05:50 PM

If we have a recession like we did back in 08-09’ then there will be a glut of used boats and prices will crash. New bot prices won’t drop but will stabilize and a few manufacturers will go belly up. Till then you’re gonna have to pay to play.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111
If we have a recession like we did back in 08-09’ then there will be a glut of used boats and prices will crash. New bot prices won’t drop but will stabilize and a few manufacturers will go belly up. Till then you’re gonna have to pay to play.

A lot of the Rona boats will hit the market soon. Bonus bucks are gone now

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Problem is all the ones on a 15-20 year note will be so upside down that they wont be able to sell and the bank repo's will be stripped and trashed
Posted By: rickys

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 06:33 PM

Very true! I've always had it in my head if I can't put 50% cash down then I have no business buying it. Boats are a toy, and they are always first to go. I wouldn't mind seeing a correction. Home prices, car prices, etc... are getting out of hand. They all definitely need a reset. Markets are crazy right now, and have been.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 06:35 PM

Problem is all the ones on a 15-20 year note will be so upside down that they wont be able to sell and the bank repo's will be stripped and trashed

You can always find good repos, they are out there. At the end of the day an upside down boat sitting on a lot is worth nothing to a lender. A sold repo at 50-75% of value is money in their pocket.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 06:53 PM

With the market as crazy as it is and I've been itching to go back to a bass boat so I put my rig up for sale on here for a reasonable price and sold it in a few days. Thought I'd be without a boat for a while with the pricing people are asking. Then within a few days stumbled on a deal I couldn't pass up on a boat listed on this site as well. I'll be the first to admit I got lucky
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 07:08 PM

I heard "They" are suing the States to make them start paying the $300 extra a week again! splat
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 07:22 PM

Buddy of mine bought that exact same boat color and motor last year. 2005 model with less tha less than 300 hrs. He gave 29000 for it. Looks like brand new
Posted By: KYBluefan

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 07:27 PM

I was looking to get a sub-compact tractor with a FEL and a belly mower. Looked at 2000 BX2200 with over 1000 hours but looked well taken care of. They wanted what it sold for new in 2000. It sold before I could get back up there after doing some research. Ended up buying a new one for much more money but after that experience I'm happy about my purchase. Just explaining that everything is appears high with inflation like it is but after you do your research it doesn't appear to be.
That does seem high for that boat though.
Posted By: TDR2

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 07:41 PM

You know the world is backwards when your lender calls and says you can pull equity out of your boat with a cashout refi...

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by TDR2
You know the world is backwards when your lender calls and says you can pull equity out of your boat with a cashout refi...

I just wish I owned a check cashing joint for all them rona checks!
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 09:22 PM

Not just Covid, but high school fishing has caused demand for boats that has made prices ridiculous.
Posted By: nellie

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 09:40 PM

This is great news, I have one to put on the market hopefully this weekend when I get all my gear cleaned out of it. Hope it sales fast, already have my other boat bought.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by nellie
This is great news, I have one to put on the market hopefully this weekend when I get all my gear cleaned out of it. Hope it sales fast, already have my other boat bought.

Price it high! You can always come down.
Posted By: nellie

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 09:46 PM

Somebody just posted one very similar to mine today, but his is single console.
Mine is a 94 Champion 190DC, 200Hp motor, extremely clean.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 09:51 PM

When the market corrects itself, and it will. People are going to have used boat loans $12k over what they are worth.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by nellie
Somebody just posted one very similar to mine today, but his is single console.
Mine is a 94 Champion 190DC, 200Hp motor, extremely clean.

you can get what you want for a clean Champ
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Boat Prices - 07/29/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by cephusjoe
When the market corrects itself, and it will. People are going to have used boat loans $12k over what they are worth.

This is already the case.
Posted By: stetson

Re: Boat Prices - 07/30/21 03:09 PM

used boat prices are crazy been looking to buy to get back into fishing again. finally found a decent deal,,, but same money could get ALOT more boat 2 years
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Boat Prices - 07/30/21 03:58 PM

until dealers get to a point that there is more inventory on there show rooms than they can sell the price on new an used will stay high the demand is way higher than the supply boats are bringing crazy high prices now .

Re: Boat Prices - 07/30/21 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
Not just Covid, but high school fishing has caused demand for boats that has made prices ridiculous.

I did not think of that, all those helicopter parents are now bass pro joes, hell we started taking a boat out alone at 12-13
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Boat Prices - 07/30/21 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith
until dealers get to a point that there is more inventory on there show rooms than they can sell the price on new an used will stay high the demand is way higher than the supply boats are bringing crazy high prices now .

Yea, the supply/inventory is a huge part of it. Any boat that hits a dealer is already sold. If they get some boats on the lots finally, things will slow down a bit
Posted By: moto382

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 02:41 AM

I sold my ‘02 Triton TR186 for half of what I paid for it 19 years later!! Glad I boat my new boat when I did cause it’s going for over 12k +tax than what I paid for out the door 6 months ago!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
That one is worth every penny! cheers

One of the worst hulls Ranger ever made and it still pulls insane Money.
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I don’t think the prices of anything are ever coming down, I’ve been waiting for 15 years for prices to quit increasing and they haven’t lost a step in inflation cost. If you want one, you better just bite the bullet, because they won’t be cheaper tomorrow.

What pains me now, is the cost and decrease in value of graphs. What cost $2k-$3k a few years ago, now is basically worthless to sellers.

Seems to me you started looking when the market was already at a bottom. Back in 07-08 there we all kinds of deals to be had from the market crash and oil slow down.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79

Seems to me you started looking when the market was already at a bottom. Back in 07-08 there we all kinds of deals to be had from the market crash and oil slow down.

Quite possible, my kid was born in 08, so I wasn’t doing much fishing or buying anything other than diapers & formula. Did new boats drop in price back then or just the used market?
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 03:09 PM

Quite possible, my kid was born in 08, so I wasn’t doing much fishing or buying anything other than diapers & formula. Did new boats drop in price back then or just the used market?

I’m not real sure, I’ve never been in the new market on anything as I believe it’s best for others to take the depreciation hit. That said now a days that’s not the case! I just remember used boats in the market that had less than 20 hours in them guys were selling $5-$10k under what they should have been. Mainly oil field guys trying to get rid of toys they bought when times were great.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 03:36 PM

I got a robo-call the other day that said, "We've been trying to reach you about your boat's extended warranty"

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
I got a robo-call the other day that said, "We've been trying to reach you about your boat's extended warranty"

bang
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 04:59 PM

You have children? That’s a scary thought roflmao, cheers.

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan

Just one and learned my lesson. The world is screwed, because she acts like her mother.
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan

Just one and learned my lesson. The world is screwed, because she acts like her mother.

And just becoming a teenager, you poor bastard. Karma cheers.
Posted By: Grant2

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 09:51 PM

I have a hard to find 2005 Bass Cat PIV that I could probably sell for big money these days. Boats are crazy priced right now,
Posted By: Texas Fight

Re: Boat Prices - 07/31/21 10:22 PM

Heres the answer. I sold my TR-21 Triton 8 years ago. You can see the small reduction in price over 8 years. That boat would actually have sold for more now provided new electronics and possible a power pole were installed. I drove to Florida and bought it in 07 for 33,500 from a boat dealer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Boat Prices - 08/01/21 01:29 PM

Everyone keeps saying just wait for the crash... When was the last time we crashed and prices dropped??? Ain't happened in my lifetime... Dan

Re: Boat Prices - 08/01/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Everyone keeps saying just wait for the crash... When was the last time we crashed and prices dropped??? Ain't happened in my lifetime... Dan

What are you, 10 years old. Look back to the recession in ‘08-09. Used boats were dirt cheap up until about ‘12-13 when the economy started to recover. New boats on the other hand didn’t drop in price but many manufacturers went under.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Boat Prices - 08/09/21 10:32 PM

I've just been sitting back and watching what is going on in the boat market right now and being around this sport since the early 80's I see history repeating it's self again. With this onslaught of boat buying there are going to be a ton of folks buy them and then realize they are making these huge payments on these rigs and hardly having time to use them. This has always seemed to be part of the life cycle of this sport. I figure in a few months to year we will begin to see a flood of used rigs on the market; because like I've seen before, and had a few friends do, the payment wore out the welcome of the new boat. That will bring prices down and probably slow down production of new boats as well. I wouldn't say there was going to be a crash in the boat market but more of things normalizing in the future.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Boat Prices - 08/10/21 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I've just been sitting back and watching what is going on in the boat market right now and being around this sport since the early 80's I see history repeating it's self again. With this onslaught of boat buying there are going to be a ton of folks buy them and then realize they are making these huge payments on these rigs and hardly having time to use them. This has always seemed to be part of the life cycle of this sport. I figure in a few months to year we will begin to see a flood of used rigs on the market; because like I've seen before, and had a few friends do, the payment wore out the welcome of the new boat. That will bring prices down and probably slow down production of new boats as well. I wouldn't say there was going to be a crash in the boat market but more of things normalizing in the future.

I spoke to a very good friend of mine who owns a couple of boat dealerships, he told me you would not believe how many are paying cash for these boats.

Re: Boat Prices - 08/10/21 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Happykamper

I spoke to a very good friend of mine who owns a couple of boat dealerships, he told me you would not believe how many are paying cash for these boats.

That’s what the dealership here said too, very few are financing them. I’d dang sure be having to finance one though.

Re: Boat Prices - 08/10/21 12:44 AM

That’s what the dealership here said too, very few are financing them. I’d dang sure be having to finance one though.

“PPP money”?

I know a lot of people REALLY made some good money on investments during Trumps presidency. That…and they KNOW they might lose it during Biden’s term. It makes sense to pull some money from stocks and other volatile markets and buy something you’ve wanted. After this next four years, you might not have the money to get it.

It’s called get it while ya can.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Boat Prices - 08/10/21 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

“PPP money”?

I know a lot of people REALLY made some good money on investments during Trumps presidency. That…and they KNOW they might lose it during Biden’s term. It makes sense to pull some money from stocks and other volatile markets and buy something you’ve wanted. After this next four years, you might not have the money to get it.

It’s called get it while ya can.
I figured if they were paying cash it would either have to be really good investing or something like PPP money. It seems to be triggered by government stimulus money when you look at the timing of these surges in sales but what folks are getting wouldn't even be enough for a down payment or even cover the taxes on a nice rig. It's really strange. I noticed Skeeter has pulled back their bonus money/rebates and bass cat isn't showing prices on their SP deals so sales must be smokin' hot. I just hope that don't drive the prices permanently higher.

Re: Boat Prices - 08/10/21 11:27 PM

A lot of people got a lot of "cares act" money for their "business"
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Boat Prices - 08/11/21 12:39 AM

Used boat prices are stupid right now. Used cars are same.

A good bud of mine took his 2016 Skeeter FX21 in for service at Plano Marine. While it was there he noticed a new 2021 FXR 21 priced at $84K. The salesman that sold his FX to him said, "Let me trade you into that new FXR". He said Yeah right, you guys would kill me on trade in. The salesman went back to look at his FX and came back with $53,500 as trade in. That was for a 5 year old boat!

The housing market is way over the top now also. Before long it will all come to a crashing halt.

Everything is more expensive now that the Democraps are in charge. Its what they do.

Gas prices, lumber, steel, etc. basically everything you are paying more now for since the Liberals took over the USA by cheating.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Boat Prices - 08/11/21 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Dan21XRS

What are you, 10 years old. Look back to the recession in ‘08-09. Used boats were dirt cheap up until about ‘12-13 when the economy started to recover. New boats on the other hand didn’t drop in price but many manufacturers went under.

True I bought my first glass boat, a 4 year old skeeter in this time period for 12.5K, the guy needed money bad with the recession. At the time I still had my aluminum boat and went ahead and bought before selling, let me tell you it took me until spring of the next year to sell that G3 and it was clean, boats were not moving in that time period.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Boat Prices - 08/11/21 02:44 PM

I saw a guy on Facebook selling a 2015 zx250… 290 hours, ultrex, 3 hds 12s for $53k…
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Boat Prices - 08/11/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pintail711
I saw a guy on Facebook selling a 2015 zx250… 290 hours, ultrex, 3 hds 12s for $53k…

It's absurd to me the going prices of used boats
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Boat Prices - 08/11/21 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Outdoordude

When I bought my 2013 BassCat Pantera II in 2015, NADA listed it in the low 30k's. Today, six years older, NADA lists it for almost 40k. Insanity.

cheers Wonder what i could sell my 94 p 2 for??
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Boat Prices - 08/11/21 05:07 PM

grin yea i get those every day. LOL ext warrt. on a 02 f150 roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum