Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Whitney Ramps?

Posted By: 361V

Lake Whitney Ramps? - 07/27/21 08:07 PM

Anyone know for certain that Kimball Bend park on 174 is back open? And is ramp open? Thinking about fishing the upper lake/river in this area tomorrow(Wednesday) morning. TY, Neil.

Re: Lake Whitney Ramps? - 07/28/21 06:02 PM

Answered my own question this morning(Wednesday). Ramp was open and free because nobody manning the gate. Campground is closed. That flood made a mess up there but ramp was fine.
Posted By: isaacfisher

Re: Lake Whitney Ramps? - 07/30/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by 361V
Answered my own question this morning(Wednesday). Ramp was open and free because nobody manning the gate. Campground is closed. That flood made a mess up there but ramp was fine.

Did you catch fish? I want to drop my boat there this Saturday. Thank you

Re: Lake Whitney Ramps? - 07/30/21 03:20 AM

Went for just a few hours. Back to Glen Rose by noon. Water was dirty. Caught several bass flipping shallow trees/brush piles along river channel just upstream from the 174 bridge. All caught flipping a Biffle Bug. Couldn’t buy a bite any other way. Slow for sure.
Posted By: isaacfisher

Re: Lake Whitney Ramps? - 07/30/21 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
Went for just a few hours. Back to Glen Rose by noon. Water was dirty. Caught several bass flipping shallow trees/brush piles along river channel just upstream from the 174 bridge. All caught flipping a Biffle Bug. Couldn’t buy a bite any other way. Slow for sure.

Thanks for your reply.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum