Texas Fishing Forum

Need a new spinning rod

Posted By: bowhuntb

Need a new spinning rod - 07/26/21 07:59 PM

Been out of fishing since early 2000’s just getting back into it. Went out today and broke a spinning rod so need a new one. I was/am a falcon low rider fan. That being said I’ve heard a lot of good things about dobyns g loomis ect. What’s a good medium action spinning rod in the 125-150 dollar range? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Sawyer S

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/26/21 08:26 PM

Dobyns fury, sierra, or kaden would be my suggestions. The kaden and sierra are the same price but the kaden has a full grip handle and the sierra has a split grip handle.

I'm a dobyns fan but I have heard great things about falcon too. G. Loomis doesn't sell a rod in the sub $200 price range to my knowledge but they make very nice rods.
Posted By: jacksonmj

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/26/21 08:29 PM

I have this rod and it’s been great but it’s also $200.

https://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/g-loomis-e6x-classic-spin-jig-spinning-rods.html
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/26/21 10:57 PM

what kind of baits do you want to use with it? I have 3 that use regularly for different things.. a Skeet Reese drop shot rod, a Jacob Wheeler 7'2" I use for shakey head and a 7' Falcon Buccoo I use for slabs for white bass. They have been good rods for me.

BD
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/26/21 11:17 PM

Phenix Feather is in budget. the NEW M1 looks fire....i have the old one and like it a lot. So feather in your budget or M1 if you wanna blow the budget, but within reason......like we all end up doing.

EDIT:
Its my understanding lots of custom builders use Phenix blanks and they have a real solid rep from everything ive read. and yea, aside from a swimbait rods all my recent rod purchases(just a few rods, not an aresenal) the last couple/few years have been phenix both spinning and casting.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/27/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by jacksonmj
I have this rod and it’s been great but it’s also $200.

https://www.americanlegacyfishing.com/g-loomis-e6x-classic-spin-jig-spinning-rods.html

This is what I use and I got it from Academy on Clearance for $95.00. cheers

I have seen them on clearance at least a couple times in the past 3 years but that isn't going to help you now. sarcastic
Posted By: Les Ems

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/27/21 09:11 AM

Kistlers web site has some really good prices right now. It is called Christmas in July Sale
Posted By: Fish Art Texas

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/27/21 03:51 PM

academy has a nice shimano rod for 59 bucks light blue in color and fairly good quality. or basspro pro qualifier in your choice of length and action between 79 and 100 dollars- great rods for the price
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Need a new spinning rod - 07/28/21 03:31 PM

Have a buddy that loves his new Falcon Cara spinner. I'm with Bockscar, look at the Phenix rods, they are underrated and great value for the price point.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum