Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Lake - Buzzard Bay Working Man's Tourney

Posted By: DicktheTexan

Caddo Lake - Buzzard Bay Working Man's Tourney - 07/20/21 02:08 PM

Hey Fellas, I am one of the new owners of Buzzard Bay Landing and RV on Caddo. I'm from over here in Gilmer and do a lot of fishing on Gilmer, Welsh, Sandlin, Pines. etc. Excited to be on Caddo though.

We want to get a working man's tournament going out there every week. Right now I am thinking Tuesday evenings from 6-9. I don't want to be getting crossed up with other tournaments going on in the area on that night though. Is there another Tuesday night tourney near by? I've been told Cross has one on Thursdays, so I think we are good there. I would appreciate any feedback on this idea. We want to get it going as soon as we can.

Also, if of y'all want to host your own tournaments out there with us, we would be happy to be the weigh station for you. Same goes for any guides/outfitters in the area who want to start operating out of our bay. We plan to start providing some food out there too at times. I've got some buddies with catering businesses, but if anyone would be interested in cooking out there give me a shout. I'd love to strike up some new business relationships so don't hesitate to reach out on this forum or by phone/email. Thanks!

Briggs Burt
469-323-5597
briggsburt@gmail.com
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: Caddo Lake - Buzzard Bay Working Man's Tourney - 07/21/21 04:55 PM

Congratulations and look forward to working with you. Buzzard Bay is a great location to easily access the LA or TX side of Caddo. The Cabins and RV sites are real nice and glad to hear of all the promotional efforts you are wanting to do. Good Luck with everything and Welcome to Caddo Lake!!
Posted By: mudd

Re: Caddo Lake - Buzzard Bay Working Man's Tourney - 07/21/21 11:47 PM

Can you get the state to fix the [censored] road coming to the place? Russel tried and couldn’t get it done. That’s normally where I launch but with my new boat coming I won’t be bringing it down there unfortunately
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: Caddo Lake - Buzzard Bay Working Man's Tourney - 07/22/21 02:09 AM

Good luck on your new opportunity. I will try to get over there before summer is over.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum