Texas Fishing Forum

New Googan Rods?

Posted By: Ibock

New Googan Rods? - 07/18/21 11:28 PM

First let me say I am a gear enthusiast. I love my NRX and Shimano. Having said that I was wondering if anyone has held or fished the new Googan Rods?

I have several friends asking and I wanted some feedback. I personally think Googan products suck for the most part.

Having said that any time a company comes out with something new I try to keep an open mind and and I try not to rip on a new product if I haven’t used.

And I am well aware that you can catch a PB Bass on a push bottom rod and reel from the 70s. I have no desire personally to fish with cheap equipment if I have a choice. Who wants to drive a Honda civic when you can drive a Ferrari. But a lot of people don’t have Ferrari money. Myself included. I would just rather have a few bad [censored] things and a whole bunch of okay things.

Anyways enough said thoughts?
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 01:27 AM

Lots of You tube reviews.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 04:07 AM

I’m sure it is some rebranded rod that you could buy for cheaper. I highly doubt they bought the supplies and built a blank that is actually their own. Just like the other stuff they sell….
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 04:14 AM

This stuff is to get their name out there. I’d be surprised if any of those guys know how to build a rod. I remember one of lunkers tv first videos on here… he was hung and snapped a shimano rod by literally pulling on it until it broke. He actually blamed the rod for breaking! Then proceeded to bash the rod for ultimately snapping it it… blew my mind.
Posted By: 361V

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 10:24 AM

I tried one and it took the curve right out of my ball caps bill!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by cephusjoe
This stuff is to get their name out there. I’d be surprised if any of those guys know how to build a rod. I remember one of lunkers tv first videos on here… he was hung and snapped a shimano rod by literally pulling on it until it broke. He actually blamed the rod for breaking! Then proceeded to bash the rod for ultimately snapping it it… blew my mind.

Doesn't surprise me.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 12:30 PM

I’m sure it is some rebranded rod that you could buy for cheaper. I highly doubt they bought the supplies and built a blank that is actually their own. Just like the other stuff they sell….

They've done this with all of their products, copy, rebrand, sell.

Just have to find out whose blanks they are using.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 361V

roflmao

Did it make your sunglasses White as well? confused 3
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 04:15 PM

I'm not against trying new product but there is a reason that Falcon, Dobyns, shimano, etc have stayed at or near the top of the game for a long time.
I pretty much have stayed with Falcon over the last 30 years but have a few Dobyns, Loomis, etc in the mix as well. Most of my non- Falcon rods I have won as prizes.
Googan rods will not be a sought after product in my boat....
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

roflmao

Did it make your sunglasses White as well? confused 3

roflmao
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 04:50 PM

As much as I love a good flat bill joke I think the Googans are the opposite end of the spectrum! If anything they have TOO MUCH curve in their hat bills roflmao
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 05:31 PM

A buddy of mine is a Googan fanboy trying to get on "the team."
I tried his gold series rod. It felt like any other $100 rod. It reminded me of the early 13Fishing Fate Chrome.

I'm sure it's worth the money but it's not "amazeballs" as the kids say.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 06:47 PM

I don't know, I wont spend a penny on their stuff.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 06:49 PM

Those kids got a pocket full of hundies fo sho
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 08:06 PM

All joking aside but they have made millions of dollars already with no signs of slowing down.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/19/21 11:57 PM

You have the latest and greatest NRX. Why would you even consider a Googan rod????
Posted By: wh2004

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
You have the latest and greatest NRX. Why would you even consider a Googan rod????

The post says this. I don’t think he’s considering.

I have several friends asking and I wanted some feedback. I personally think Googan products suck for the most part.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 12:16 AM

trench hog will flat out catch a fish......
if you can keep the appendages on....
Posted By: aneil

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 12:34 AM

These guys that have googan branded nightcrawlers for sale at Walmart… definitely sold their souls. But good for them.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 02:32 AM

im of the opinion one should buy rods from rod companies, not one of the do-it-all companies.

doubt they suck...but figure you are paying for the Googan branding and can do better buying something from cashion or phenix. im usually pro googan too....but a rod or reel is different than a bait imo. I like to stick to rod companies for rods, and reel companies for reels. the Do it all companies scare me since its likely rebranded stuff vs something they poured R&D into. I dont know tho...purely specuation

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by aneil
These guys that have googan branded nightcrawlers for sale at Walmart… definitely sold their souls. But good for them.

Tourney pro's been doing it for years, especially the more successful ones....but with way more sponsor commitments than these kids have. hell look at that kid AP Bassin...pretty much retired from youtube and still raking in that googan money
Posted By: SwimbaitRanger

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 02:49 AM

You mean people actually buy their stuff? Every place I go to, Goober baits is all that’s in stock.
Posted By: aneil

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by bockscar

Tourney pro's been doing it for years, especially the more successful ones....but with way more sponsor commitments than these kids have. hell look at that kid AP Bassin...pretty much retired from youtube and still raking in that googan money

Show me one tourney pro that has had nightcrawlers with their name on them… touring pros rely on sponsorship dollars to subsidize their income. Not sticking their name on anything and everything to appeal to the masses.

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 03:30 AM

Show me one tourney pro that has had nightcrawlers with their name on them… touring pros rely on sponsorship dollars to subsidize their income. Not sticking their name on anything and everything to appeal to the masses.

Youre right. The googan squad are sell outs and tourney pros doing nothing like that.

On another note....does anyone know where I can get a pack of helicopter lures? Or what about bill dance sunglasses, or the $25 hank parker combo? Wondering where I can get that good stuff thats not meant for the masses.

Dont let your hate for some succesful kids prevent you from being objective. The reason you havent seen Bill Dance or KVD nightcrawlers is because the companies selling those things never thought KVD or Bill Dance would appeal to as many people/the masses as the Googans currently are doing. Its called target marketing. I promise you any of these pro's would be schilling night crawlers if you cut them a check big enough.
Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 03:32 AM

Not sure if it was rebranded or not, but if you are willing, here is the story of how they made the rods. Not a huge Googan guy here, just saw this and thought it was informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VHRIxTpOa0

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Strat-a-Caster

Not sure if it was rebranded or not, but if you are willing, here is the story of how they made the rods. Not a huge Googan guy here, just saw this and thought it was informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VHRIxTpOa0

too long a video! LOL

what I will say, and not sure if its all of them....but the rods that have the ruler markings on them are great! they might not be reinventing the wheel...but they sure are trying to put some shiny rims on that wheel!
Posted By: Ibock

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 04:26 AM

When did the lake fork guy become a Googan guy. I missed that somewhere. Didn’t he use to push shimano like crazy
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 11:29 AM

Somehow I see “Googan”’and a tub of night crawlers as a good match.
Posted By: Lee Finlay

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ibock
When did the lake fork guy become a Googan guy. I missed that somewhere. Didn’t he use to push shimano like crazy

He's an original Googan.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 12:25 PM

Lol whatever. That’s like a an ugly fat guy saying he never cheated on his wife- because no other woman wants to sleep with him.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 12:25 PM

No he was added a few years in
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Finlay

He's an original Googan.

Rackley used to have one of the best and most original fishing YouTube channels. Now he's just some eccentric caricature of a person every time he's on camera.

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 02:42 PM

2021 is a sad time. Its really unfortunate people cant be happy for others success....so much so it makes them fantasize memories and inaccurately represent others.

Surprised this didnt start page 1, we all might be making progress 🤷‍♂️

Now with that said....buy yourself a Phenix rod and thank me later OP 💪
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

He's an original Googan.

Rackley used to have one of the best and most original fishing YouTube channels. Now he's just some eccentric caricature of a person every time he's on camera.

He's made a fortune in a world that doesn't require him to adhere to what you or I see as "normal".

Good for him and doing it his way!

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 06:40 PM

2021 is a sad time. Its really unfortunate people cant be happy for others success....so much so it makes them fantasize memories and inaccurately represent others.

Are you trying to earn credit towards knockoff baits? roflmao
Posted By: WAWI

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Are you trying to earn credit towards knockoff baits? roflmao

roflmao
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 07:15 PM

I dont know, but the guys at Field and Stream in Prosper are eat up with Googan [censored]. And try to push you to buy it in there. One "kid" in there the other night told me while I was in front of the Zoom baits, that Googan baits will out fish any of the Zoom baits anyday of the week and I should give them a try. Seriously made me chuckle!
Posted By: BThomas

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 07:26 PM

Like the Googan folks or not. They have done and are still doing very well. I applaud them. I do not watch them or buy their stuff.
but, they are living the American dream. LunkersTV(Rob Terkla) is worth over 1.76 million.

I think 99% of the hate against these guys is just plain jealousy. I know if I had the forethought to do what they have done
and are doing. I would not be working a 9-5 job and hoping to retire soon.
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/20/21 10:52 PM

I’m waiting on that Mulligan guy to come out with a rod. Hopefully it’s within my price range.

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Originally Posted by Fishinfellow

He's an original Googan.

He's made a fortune in a world that doesn't require him to adhere to what you or I see as "normal".

Good for him and doing it his way!

Go to his channel. LFG is still LFG. He didnt turn into Jake Paul when he joined the googan squad.

Dude gets a new skeeter every year, bought what im guessing is close to his and his wife's dream home, has minimal sponsor requirements/obligations....and those are usually vacations that they film when they do have to do "promo work," has a youtube channel thats successful enough to let his wife start her own succesful channel allowing both of them to rake in that youtube dough, gets to see his baby girl daily and see her grow due to the freedom he and his wife have from youtube...........and rallied his supporters, seemingly effortlessly, to help with his healthcare issues....which seeing what AMart is going through really speaks volume to LFGs community/fans.

Now that I list that out. I also now dislike LFG! LOL Check out his channel....there is nothing Googan about his channel.....and the guy is a DAMN HAMMER! College national champ from my understanding, and a succesful guide on Fork......if you have a problem with LFG, you got a problem with yourself 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
I’m waiting on that Mulligan guy to come out with a rod. Hopefully it’s within my price range.

I think I might have seen one on the TW site, I’ll save it for you. smile

Yep, here you go. roflmao

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/search-tackle.html?start=0&count=30&searchtext=Milliken+
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:28 AM

Just my luck, 19 bucks over my rod budget!
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/search-tackle.html?start=0&count=30&searchtext=Milliken+

He finally stopped keeping slot fish from Fayette County.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:47 AM

Fishing has become less about fishing and more of a spectacle anyways. Every average Joe weekender, high school kid, and college kid has a social media page titled (first/last name) Fishing. And every photo of video posted makes sure to tag the bait company and rod and reel company they caught the fish on. It’s almost laughable. These guys found a way to make money off the “look at me, wannabe pros”, so good for them. The younger generations are losing sight of the real reason we all started fishing and are being taught to make it a business. It’s really kind of sad.

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:47 AM

I love the travel rods! Do they come with a Texas road map and some GPS coordinates?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

“If the slots don’t fit, you must acquit”!

Steez, I believe there might be some gps coords to Ivie and I hear there might be an autographed Luke Dunkin poster included too.

Re: New Googan Rods? - 07/22/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

“If the slots don’t fit, you must acquit”!

Steez, I believe there might be some gps coords to Ivie and I hear there might be an autographed Luke Dunkin poster included too.

banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum