Texas Fishing Forum

Carpet Care

Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Carpet Care - 07/14/21 01:42 AM

Just moved out of 2014 Skeeter into a 2021 Phoenix. Didn't abuse the Skeeter carpet, but didn't do much to take care of it, other than keeping it in covered storage. It definitely looked like 7 year old bass boat carpet.

Wanting to keep the new carpet looking as new as I can for as long as I can. For guys who try to keep their carpet looking good, what things do you do on a routine basis--after every trip or every 3-4 trips? Anything you do on maybe a semi-annual or yearly basis? Share your tips please.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Carpet Care - 07/14/21 03:28 AM

Keep it out of the sun, don't pressure wash it, do not put soap on it. If it needs cleaning I just soak it with water during the hottest part of the summer so it dries quick, any stubborn stains use shaving cream.
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Carpet Care - 07/14/21 11:58 AM

When it gets wet get it dried out with the sun or fans, keep vacuumed, and I always spray with TUFF STUFF every few trips. Spray the entire area and brush it in. Carpet in my 2007 Ranger looked like it came of the showroom floor.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tuff-Stu...rQzlEAQYASABEgJz5vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Carpet Care - 07/14/21 01:10 PM

dirt/grit wil cause more wear than anything to your carpet so a good vaccuming after every trip will preserve the life better than anything else...take it to a car wash couple times a year and pressure wash it with soap then give it a good rinsing with waterhose when you get home...(don't hold pressure washer too close to the carpet,you might cause the glue to turn loose in some areas).....keep in mind a boat and it's carpet is designed to be used outside in all kinds of weather and water isn't going to hurt the carpet and neither will soap if you rinse it out....the carpet is made from synthetic material and it won't rot from being wet but you don't want to to let it stay wet for extended periods or it may cause the glue to deteriorate so let it sit out in the sun or get a fan to dry it out after washing....

(I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express a lot plus managed malls with several thousand square feet of carpet for years so I learned a lot more about cleaning/maintaining carpets than I really ever wanted to know)......

Re: Carpet Care - 07/18/21 07:33 PM

I appreciate the tips and will try out some of the Tuff Stuff. Thanks guys.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Carpet Care - 07/18/21 07:41 PM

I use something like this every couple months.. https://www.bissell.com/spotclean-pro-portable-carpet-cleaner-3624.html
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Carpet Care - 07/18/21 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Keep it out of the sun, don't pressure wash it, do not put soap on it. If it needs cleaning I just soak it with water during the hottest part of the summer so it dries quick, any stubborn stains use shaving cream.

Vacuum the carpet routinely, keep cover on boat when not in use, & never pull boat on wet roads with out a cover. Road film is boat carpets biggest enemy.

Re: Carpet Care - 07/20/21 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by coachallentca
I use something like this every couple months.. https://www.bissell.com/spotclean-pro-portable-carpet-cleaner-3624.html

John, do you run soap through it or just water?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum