Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts Tuesday night results

Posted By: davidsears

Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/08/21 07:01 PM

Just wondering what were the results from Ray Roberts Tuesday night tourney? How many boats? How many limits and winning weight?
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/08/21 07:34 PM

Nearly half the winning weight of the bassmaster classic with 3 fish.
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/08/21 09:38 PM

First place and big bass went to Cody Morrison and Zach Parker who had 3 fish for 21.55lbs.

Easy.
Posted By: davidsears

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 12:01 AM

Wow, congrats to those guys that is good fishing for sure. Do you know what the big bass weighed?
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by davidsears
Wow, congrats to those guys that is good fishing for sure. Do you know what the big bass weighed?

A lot.

Posted By: SC-001

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 03:36 PM

Best in the world... hmmm
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 03:38 PM

WOW... 7 lb avg is AWESOME
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

I'm sure the fish this week were all doing exact same thing a month ago when Classic was here. They never change right?

If I recall the weekly tournament that week had about same results as Classic weights on average.
Posted By: N2Bass

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I'm sure the fish this week were all doing exact same thing a month ago when Classic was here. They never change right?

If I recall the weekly tournament that week had about same results as Classic weights on average.

Yeah, in 3 hours vs about 8.
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 06:27 PM

I have donated to the winners twice now. I will continue to donate until the results change in my favor. hammer
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 08:08 PM

Actually they big ones were lol. Caught a 9 the Monday after them boys left on the same offshore spot. But hey the locals should be better than these guys. A 20 plus pound sack on 3 fish is special regardless of where and how good the fishing is. I will say hands dow esp day 2 and 3 we had big big females deep on that lake on obvious spots that the classic guys never touched.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/09/21 11:39 PM

Not trying to be a smart arse but you guys knocking them pros need to go to one of their home lakes and show them how its done. Go ahead and throw flooded conditions in there after you practiced for normal summer patterns for a few weeks.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 01:24 AM

Sounds like the Dead Sea y’all are always talking about… roflmao
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 01:51 AM

Why don't y'all challenge a couple of the pros to come fish y'all's Tues nighter, they will be done with their season soon. I bet if y'all make the money right they will come...
Posted By: Donegonefishin

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 01:44 PM

Let me put this in perspective for you. On Robert’s this year Zach has a 2nd in Champs and a 3rd in the US Open with different partners. He has won multiple Champs tournaments on different lakes. He is a hell of a stick on any lake and especially Roberts. Not your average Tuesday nighter.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 02:22 PM

I'm not sure what the controversy is here, I would take the 5 best locals on any lake all day every day over professionals on the same lake. I'd be wrong about 1 outa every 10 days for the most part. It's just a different deal and I dont see it as a knock on the professionals. There are some really good sticks on every lake that know way too many spots and the timing on these spots. Especially in a 1 day tournament. Now make them travel and I would flip that bet. It is what it is.
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 02:23 PM

A Cody Morrison had 19 lbs on 3 fish last night on Lewisville. I assume the same guy. Sounds like he also is a hell of a stick

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
I'm not sure what the controversy is here, I would take the 5 best locals on any lake all day every day over professionals on the same lake. I'd be wrong about 1 outa every 10 days for the most part. It's just a different deal and I dont see it as a knock on the professionals. There are some really good sticks on every lake that know way too many spots and the timing on these spots. Especially in a 1 day tournament. Now make them travel and I would flip that bet. It is what it is.

What about guys like Zaldain or Livesay who have spent a lot of time on RR, Keith Combs and Todd Castledine on Sam Rayburn? Would they be an exception?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

What about guys like Zaldain or Livesay who have spent a lot of time on RR, Keith Combs and Todd Castledine on Sam Rayburn? Would they be an exception?

Clearly as most of those have been guides on their home lakes and castledine would be a top 5 local on rayburn anyway. I also think it's different on lake that get hit alot by the pro circuits as they get a book of knowledge on them over the years. The one offs like ray bob really stand out cause they just dont see those lakes enough. For the record I'd take you on ray Hubbard over the pros. I'd take a cody Morrison or Barrett, Hollingshead etc on Ray Bob, Lewisville, etc. I really think I'd be right on any given day.

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Clearly as most of those have been guides on their home lakes and castledine would be a top 5 local on rayburn anyway. I also think it's different on lake that get hit alot by the pro circuits as they get a book of knowledge on them over the years. The one offs like ray bob really stand out cause they just dont see those lakes enough. For the record I'd take you on ray Hubbard over the pros. I'd take a cody Morrison or Barrett, Hollingshead etc on Ray Bob, Lewisville, etc. I really think I'd be right on any given day.

It would be cool to get some good locals against some pros in a team tourney.
Posted By: Cody Morrison

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 04:10 PM

I don’t see the big infatuation with dogging the pros myself. The lake was high fish were shallow they have limited practice time. I believe they did the best with what they had. It’s hard to compare someone with 5 days experience on any lake to someone with 20 years experience. Ray Roberts also has a lot of good looking offshore structure that doesn’t hold fish. It takes time to really figure out the more productive areas. I also don’t believe there were all that many fish deep then and still aren’t a whole lot at the moment from what I’ve seen.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 10:49 PM

Speaking of Ray Roberts

https://dentonrc.com/news/ray_rober...e9c72b5-9e5d-5072-8ef1-9ec1ba17eb03.html
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/10/21 10:54 PM

Yup.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/11/21 12:27 AM

Thats great, hope she does well.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/11/21 01:10 AM

I can't wait for this to open...I'll be there within the first few days. Fingers crossed the food is good.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Ray Roberts Tuesday night results - 07/12/21 01:10 AM

Barrett....

Sir your IMs are full trying to get more details on the Tuesday nighters. Where are they launching from these days? Isle or Sanger? Is it still 6-9:30 PM?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum