Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Boat Storage Help

Posted By: Sawyer S

Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/02/21 11:04 PM

I am looking for a place to keep a boat. I'd prefer for it to be covered but I don't care about electricity access. I am located in Flower Mound but it really doesn't have to be super close, I am willing to drive. Anyone have any affordable suggestions?

Also if anyone has experience with this https://trailervalet.com/shop/trailer-valet-5x/ please let me know. I'd love to be able to back the boat into my garage but there is a 90 degree turn which prevents me from backing it in with my truck.

Thanks
Posted By: skeeterfan

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/02/21 11:45 PM

Try THI Storage on Dozier Rd in Carrollton. $120/Mo for a 10 x 25 with electricity. Gated with Security cameras.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 01:05 AM

Do you have a garage? Is this a no go? Storage is very pricy..

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by prosise
Do you have a garage? Is this a no go? Storage is very pricy..

Yes sir, I do have a garage which would fit the boat. My problem is the driveway takes a 90 degree turn into the garage and my truck can't back it in without hitting the house.

I have seen a trailer jack device thing that would be able to handle this. I just have to find one. I'm going to check Harbor Freight. I would definitely prefer this option but I want to make sure to find a place to store it just in case it doesn't work out.

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by skeeterfan
Try THI Storage on Dozier Rd in Carrollton. $120/Mo for a 10 x 25 with electricity. Gated with Security cameras.

Thank you sir. I will check this out.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 12:49 PM

Have a dear friend who bought a 20ft gambler back @ 93. He was also having a house built, and had one side of the garage deepened for the length. The day they move in he backs up the boat and the damn thing wouldn't fit in the small door hole. They put two small doors, instead of a wide single.. builder had to fix it.. What you need is some time to figure this out. There is always a way, do you have a lawn tractor? I have seen people with a ball on the front of their truck, they would back trailers for hay hauling.. if it's a tandem axle its harder to move around. I get my boat close, and push it into the garage. Good luck, hope you figure something out. It sure is nice tinkering in the boat at the house..

Prosise

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by prosise
Have a dear friend who bought a 20ft gambler back @ 93. He was also having a house built, and had one side of the garage deepened for the length. The day they move in he backs up the boat and the damn thing wouldn't fit in the small door hole. They put two small doors, instead of a wide single.. builder had to fix it.. What you need is some time to figure this out. There is always a way, do you have a lawn tractor? I have seen people with a ball on the front of their truck, they would back trailers for hay hauling.. if it's a tandem axle its harder to move around. I get my boat close, and push it into the garage. Good luck, hope you figure something out. It sure is nice tinkering in the boat at the house..

Prosise

Thank you. The garage is deep enough for the boat but the 90 degree turn into the garage is tricky. I really don't want to pay to store my boat somewhere so if I can find a way around it I will certainly choose that. I have been looking at this trailer valet https://trailervalet.com/shop/trailer-valet-5x/. I'm hoping it will be able to handle the turn.
Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 02:11 PM

I had a trailer valet for my bass tracker and it worked ok for my tight turn into my garage. After I sold my Tracker and got my Champion (much heavier) it was too difficult to get the trailer up the slight incline and over the 1/2" lip into the garage. Didn't seem like a big incline but the heavier boat was too much. I ended up selling the trailer valet and putting a hitch on my riding mower to get it into the garage. Later I just added a RV pad to the side of my house and bought a nice boat cover so I could just back the boat onto the pad and cover it every day. So, in short, depending on the weight of your boat/trailer, that trailer valet "may" work. If not, hopefully you can return (Amazon) it. Good luck
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 02:34 PM

Storage fees around me are stupid if you can find one. I was paying 350 a month...... I bought a boat that fit in garage.
Posted By: txsuperman

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 05:40 PM

Falcon Storage in The Colony. Been there for 10yrs. Affordable and 8 min from ramp.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 06:57 PM

If I could ever make a deal with the russian bastage that owns this piece behind me I want to build my mancave rental idea. I need it to be back there for NAPA overflow and of course a home for Bart.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
If I could ever make a deal with the russian bastage that owns this piece behind me I want to build my mancave rental idea. I need it to be back there for NAPA overflow and of course a home for Bart.

save me a spot for when I am not bank trash
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/03/21 08:40 PM

For sure
Posted By: CHIG68

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/04/21 12:17 AM

I have a trailer valet that I don't use anymore if your interested in it. I moved and have an oversized garage now.
Posted By: Double A

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/04/21 12:32 AM

I have the same issue. I bought a 20’ boat and could not back it due to the 90 degree angle and fences. The grade of the drive wouldn’t work for many of those trailer dollies I researched.

BUT, I found the fix. I put a receiver on the front of my suv. Because the steering is within a couple of feet of the front receiver/ hitch, the turning radius is much narrower. I back my boat onto the drive, disconnect, turn the suv around and connect to the front receiver and drive it in.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/04/21 10:03 AM

Lakeview Storage at Ray Roberts , owners live on site 12x30 runs about 80.00 a month, on 455 bye the dam
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/04/21 11:12 AM

if you fish fork much try fishermans cove, very reasonable on yrly rates. number below

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/04/21 08:01 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I several good options.
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/05/21 02:29 AM

Here is a possible option. I don’t know about the return policy if it doesn’t work for you. I know Amazon’s return policy is very good but I don’t know how they would handle the return of this item. It may be worth looking into.

https://www.amazon.com/SuperHandy-T...a1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/05/21 04:52 AM

Get a winch with remote control and mount in the back of the garage on the floor.Hook cable to back of back of trailer and steer the tongue by hand as it rolls back.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/05/21 04:55 AM

As others have said, adding a receiver hitch to the front of your vehicle might fix you up. I know several people who've done this to get around tight spots in spotting their trailers.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/06/21 05:38 PM

I've been using a power dolly to move mine in and out for 12 years. Heckuva good deal to have.
Posted By: Hammbone

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/06/21 05:53 PM

Lakeview Storage at Ray Roberts on FM 455, I’ve been there 11 plus years, it’s the Best, (940)458-7209, (972)839-8242
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/06/21 06:42 PM

Ive used the receiver hitch on the front of my truck it works much better than you think it will. I also have a trailer valet Ill let you have for $200 but you will need a pretty good size cordless drill to power it you do not want to use the crank. Ask me how I know that?

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/06/21 08:14 PM

Thanks so much everyone for all the help.

I've been doing some research and I found these cool wheel dollies from Harbor Freight which I think will work well for what I need. I'll back the boat as far as I can and then just push it in.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1250-lb-capacity-vehicle-positioning-wheel-dolly-61917.html

Here is a video I found of a guy pushing his boat with these wheel dollies. Seems to work well.

Posted By: rkd

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/06/21 08:39 PM

Check with Okie Poke on the wheel dollies. He had a couple for sale at one time. They work very well for me. Back my boat in as far as I can go with the truck then put a dolly on each of the front tires and boat will pivot nicely. The better quality dollies are worth the extra $$. Buying 4 will add up.
Posted By: Double A

Re: Bass Boat Storage Help - 07/06/21 09:19 PM

Hope it works for you. Be sure to check the grade or slope of your driveway. Those only work if you don’t have to go up hill at all. The slightest grade can turn your best efforts into a rodeo. I learned the hard way and had a runaway boat. Funny now, but at the time it wasn’t. Also have some backup help from a neighbor the first time you do it- just in case…..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum