Texas Fishing Forum

Costa Sunglasses

Posted By: Jpurdue

Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 03:40 PM

I'm done with Costa. The rubber is constantly falling off on my blackfin frames. They do warranty them but I'm tired of sending them in and paying shipping for a product that's just not up to par for the cost. What other sunglasses brands would ya'll recommend these days?
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 03:45 PM

Costa

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Costa

Excellent. Thanks for the insight WAWI. What frame are you using that doesn't have constant quality issues? Do you take them some place to get a religious blessing or just keep them in a climate controlled safe so the rubber doesn't fall off?
Posted By: 23Harrison

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 03:54 PM

I have the Costa Fisch FS 18 and I've never had an issue.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:10 PM

Once Costa sold out to Luxottica they ain't been the same. Also goes for Ray-Ban and Oakley. I have switched to Wiley X.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:18 PM

Cat Cay, but my noggin might not be as fat as yours. I dont leave them in my truck in summer.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:26 PM

I also switched to Solar Bats, for simliar reasons. cheaper and better quality, lenses seem to be as good as my BlackFin 580gs.

I really like the Solar Bat HP3s. I can help you out on your first pair to try out.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:27 PM

I have fathom Costas. No problems. Maybe your body chemistry is all funked up when you sweat. You may be half alien and don't even know it....
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
so the rubber doesn't fall off?

eeks
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:48 PM

anybody try bajio yet? i think its the old owners of costa from what ive read
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:50 PM

Wiley x are tough to beat
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:51 PM

I plan on getting a pair of strike king s11 at some point. I have heard they are good for the price.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Costa

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 04:58 PM

I feel like each time I send mine in, they redesign them to have less and less rubber on them, But my Permits have held up surprisingly well over the past 2-3 years. They just fit my face so well I don't see myself looking for another brand.
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 05:11 PM

I have been happy since I switched to ShadyRays !!!
Posted By: aneil

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 05:17 PM

Smith. After 10+ pairs of costas I too quit them. The rubber falling off is BS and should have been fixed a long time ago but they keep selling them knowing that it’s a problem.
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 05:17 PM

There are several frames that don't have any rubber. The rubber has been much improved as well. The Blackfin pros are great as well. I can't provide much insight on other brands as Costa is all I wear.

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 07:15 PM

I wound up staying with Costa but going with a new frame the doesn't have any rubber. The frame was called Ferg. Irritating to be out another 300 bucks.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jpurdue
I'm done with Costa. The rubber is constantly falling off on my blackfin frames. They do warranty them but I'm tired of sending them in and paying shipping for a product that's just not up to par for the cost. What other sunglasses brands would ya'll recommend these days?

Im right there with you. On my third warranty pair and both of my rubbers are completely destroyed.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/02/21 09:48 PM

I've got a pair of Costa Mag Bays that I had to send in once for the rubber on the earpiece coming off. Thankfully only the once. I've had them ~5 years and that was probably 3 years ago.

I got a pair of Waterland Hybros for Father's Day that I'm digging so far. They're much lighter than my Costa's. Time will tell if they hold up. If you happen to order a pair online their website, code "AD15" will save 15%.
Posted By: Ibock

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/03/21 04:13 AM

I have a pair of Costas and I love them and never had any problems. I will only wear Costa or Maui Jim
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/03/21 11:28 PM

Rubber on Costa frames is horrible especially if you wear sun screen. I went to Maui Jim’s. They are much better. I used to get about a year out of Costa before they fell apart. The Maui’s I have are 3 years old and doing great. They have no rubber on the frames.

Costa does have several frames without the rubber that you can go with. Failure was always the rubber unless I just destroyed them.
Posted By: IslandJim

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/04/21 02:44 AM

Like jawga, I just replaced my lost Maui Jim's with ShadyRay's, $59.00 mailed. Polarized plastic lenses, but if I scratch or lose them, I can buy more for $200 less than Costa's. I will only use them for fishing. Every piece of Costa's apparel I have ever bought has been total junk. From what I have read, their sunglasses may be the same. I told my wife the brand is really "Costa Too Much!" I have owned two pairs of Maui Jim's and they have been expensive, but high-quality sunglasses. IslandJim
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/04/21 04:22 AM

been buying tuna alleys for years never a single issue.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Costa Sunglasses - 07/04/21 06:51 PM

Been using kaenon for over 15 years. Great sunglasses
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum