Texas Fishing Forum

Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture

Posted By: Frank01234

Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 08:20 PM

Hey guys.. I've lost my Caddo Lake map. I'm in Fort Worth, I've called every grocery and marina around Caddo and NONE of them have a map in stock with the boat roads labeled. Johnson's Ranch has some ordered, but they've been waiting for months and still nothing has arrived. I can't find any online to buy (the Tx Fisherman does not label boat roads).

Anybody have a map to sale? Or take me a picture of it where the labeled boat roads are viewable? I'm desperate... willing to pay. Open to other suggestions / ideas.

Thanks
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 10:24 PM

You running Lowrance HDS units?

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 10:30 PM

No, I'm running Garmin. frown
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 10:42 PM

Find Navinics web app online

[Linked Image]

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 10:53 PM

I've never used navionics, but I downloaded and registered on my phone and it says "free trial expired". figures.

Does it show the boat roads and labels (ie: U, MM, C, etc. )

If so, I'll purchase. Thanks

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 10:57 PM

OKAY !!!

I found the navionics web app and used with my browser. WOOO HOOO It does work. You can zoom in and it shows everything !!!

THANK YOU Douglas so much !!!

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Frank01234
OKAY !!!

I found the navionics web app and used with my browser. WOOO HOOO It does work. You can zoom in and it shows everything !!!

THANK YOU Douglas so much !!!

you're welcome, you can get the app for free on your phone I believe and it and also an iPad will work real time on the water.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 11:17 PM

Navionics(Platinum chip in my Humminbird) is all I use. Has worked great for me many times without any map to get around on Caddo from the dam all the way up to above the state park on Big Cypress Bayou. Even has some pretty obscure small boat lanes. Not sure the web app shows all the lanes my chip does but can’t imagine it would not.

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 06/30/21 11:24 PM

I guess there's no way to run Navionics on my Garmin 64cv? Google doesn't seem to have clear answer, but I'm thinking NO, even though garmin now owns navionics.

* After closer inspection , the web app navionics doesn't have all the routes labeled. As example, you can't find U anywhere on it. I guess the card may have it, or maybe the paid version.

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Frank01234
I guess there's no way to run Navionics on my Garmin 64cv? Google doesn't seem to have clear answer, but I'm thinking NO, even though garmin now owns navionics.

* After closer inspection , the web app navionics doesn't have all the routes labeled. As example, you can't find U anywhere on it. I guess the card may have it, or maybe the paid version.

I think Garmin owns Navionics
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 03:22 AM

www.lakesonline.com has the Fishing Hot Spot map in stock. You may want to give them a call just to verify. The link below is for Caddo.

https://www.lakesonline.com/Store/Item.asp?StoreItemID=546
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 01:17 PM

pm sent

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 01:30 PM

Mike, that fishing hot spots does not include all the boat roads with labels.
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 01:41 PM

I have a full caddo map, boat lanes and all that I won't need in Phoenix so it's yours. Pm me if you need it.

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 01:57 PM

PM Sent JPeel !!

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 02:01 PM

For reference (maybe future people who stumble on this thread) , this is a GREAT caddo lake map. It does show boat roads, but they are not labeled. But again, great reference map with lots of details.

https://data.lca.gov/clidata.org/SpillMaps/boat_rd.pdf
Posted By: 361V

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 03:50 PM

Really surprised there’s not a Navionics chip for Garmin since Garmin owns Navionics!? As said my 5-6 year old Navionics chip has EVERYTHING on it you need for Caddo. Really nice being able to see real time “You Are Here” while navigating instead of always trying to figure out where you actually are on the map. Nice offer by JPeel!👍
Posted By: Mike2718

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 10:47 PM

Are you looking for a paper map or something for your unit? If you are looking for something to plan your trips, you could use Contour Elite software. It uses Humminbird’s Lakemaster maps which I think are much better than the Navionics maps. You can get it at www.contourelite.com. You just have to download your region. It is $90 but I think well worth it. You can import/export waypoints and some other things. You can also print different sections of the lakes if you want. You can download the software and they have a demo lake to mess around with. If you like it, you will get a code when you purchase a region. I don’t remember if they have a Mac version.
If you are looking for something on the water. You could use Humminbird’s FishSmart app on your phone or tablet. The app is free and you don’t have to have a Humminbird unit. It also uses Lakemaster maps. It will give you real-time gps/map data. You do,however, have to pay for each lake. Some lakes cost more than others. The map for Caddo costs $19. You can load it to any phone or tablet you have. You won’t be able to load your purchased lakes to any more devices after a year but it will stay on any device that it is loaded to during that year. It works great BUT BUT BUT tablets and phones are hard to see in the bright sunshine. I think that is probably the biggest issue. You can download the app and use the base map just to see how well you can see it during the daytime. If it’s good enough, then you can download any lake they have available. Good Luck.

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/01/21 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mike2718
Are you looking for a paper map or something for your unit? If you are looking for something to plan your trips, you could use Contour Elite software. It uses Humminbird’s Lakemaster maps which I think are much better than the Navionics maps. You can get it at www.contourelite.com. You just have to download your region. It is $90 but I think well worth it. You can import/export waypoints and some other things. You can also print different sections of the lakes if you want. You can download the software and they have a demo lake to mess around with. If you like it, you will get a code when you purchase a region. I don’t remember if they have a Mac version.
If you are looking for something on the water. You could use Humminbird’s FishSmart app on your phone or tablet. The app is free and you don’t have to have a Humminbird unit. It also uses Lakemaster maps. It will give you real-time gps/map data. You do,however, have to pay for each lake. Some lakes cost more than others. The map for Caddo costs $19. You can load it to any phone or tablet you have. You won’t be able to load your purchased lakes to any more devices after a year but it will stay on any device that it is loaded to during that year. It works great BUT BUT BUT tablets and phones are hard to see in the bright sunshine. I think that is probably the biggest issue. You can download the app and use the base map just to see how well you can see it during the daytime. If it’s good enough, then you can download any lake they have available. Good Luck.

Hi Mike. Thank you for detail response. I was initially just looking for paper map since I lost mine. I would love to have a map that showed the boat roads (labeled) on my Garmin, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Your right, the phone thing has never worked for me out in the lake, it's not bright enough for my old eyes. And I'm not really interested in ripping my Garmin transducer and headunit out just to replace it for another brand for 1 lake. lol Thanks !

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/02/21 02:37 AM

I wish I could help, but what I built for Caddo is for Lowrance only.

Download a High Definition AT5 Map of Caddo and Trails(Lowrance only)

There was a nice Caddo JPG you can move around and zoom in/out with from BassmanRudy.
I could email it to you.

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/02/21 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by JPeel
I have a full caddo map, boat lanes and all that I won't need in Phoenix so it's yours. Pm me if you need it.

Email sent. Hope email is not bounced by internet.
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/02/21 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by LittleGazoo
Originally Posted by JPeel

Email sent. Hope email is not bounced by internet.

nothing received -

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/02/21 08:26 PM

My bad. Email/Message was for Frank. Sent Frank a .jpg of Caddo.

Re: Caddo Lake - WTB Map Or Picture - 07/05/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by LittleGazoo
My bad. Email/Message was for Frank. Sent Frank a .jpg of Caddo.

Thank you. I got it. It's the same one as above though, doesn't actually label the boat roads. Thanks though !! smile

https://data.lca.gov/clidata.org/SpillMaps/boat_rd.pdf
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum