Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco or the river?

Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Lake Waco or the river? - 06/29/21 11:31 PM

In a couple of weeks I’ll be meeting others at Buzzard Billy’s for lunch. I want to bring my boat and fish the morning (weather permitting). Is it better fishing the lake or river for the 5 hours before I meet up with friends? I’m told that restaurant has a dock I can tie up to while eating. Thanks
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 06/30/21 03:09 AM

The lake.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 06/30/21 01:04 PM

As of today the river is close due to flooding and it is very muddy. The lake is getting back to normal pool after being 7 feet over. Three of the 6 ramps are open. Check back before you come up.
Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 06/30/21 02:54 PM

Thank you both! Much appreciated.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 07/01/21 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by harvey walker
As of today the river is close due to flooding and it is very muddy. The lake is getting back to normal pool after being 7 feet over. Three of the 6 ramps are open. Check back before you come up.

the river has been open for a week now, i drive by it twice a day everyday. i would say fish the lake right now. but if u want something different fish the river
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 07/03/21 03:25 PM

Lake > River
Posted By: Jigman

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 07/03/21 04:40 PM

If you dont know the Lake very well go to the River ,it is clearing up and should have a good frog bite early and then pick up a jig n cover water.
Posted By: Jigman

Re: Lake Waco or the river? - 07/03/21 04:46 PM

If you dont know the Lake very well go to the River ,it is clearing up and should have a good frog bite early and then pick up a jig n cover water.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum