Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex Switch(?) Issue

Posted By: JWRid

Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/25/21 10:55 PM

After running my Ultrex and stopping it will not turn on again unless I repeatedly and rapidly depress the foot switch. Sometimes just raising the motor slightly will engage the motor. I was told I probably have a dead spot in my armature however the motor will always engage without issue from a dead stop when the spot lock is engaged or when I use the remote so I doubt this can be the issue. My guess is it may be the Clip Reed or the Control/Sensor board. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted By: James P.

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/25/21 11:05 PM

Take it to Zack at Southwest Parts should still be under warranty. Mine was doing same thing at it did have water in it.
Posted By: yandeltx

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/26/21 03:14 AM

I will bet the reed switch needs a slight adjustment.
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/26/21 11:58 AM

Mine did the same thing.. Stomped it like I was killing cockroaches..

Flip the pedal over.. Find reed switch.. (tiny cylindrical magnetic switch with two small wires coming out the bottom..) Right under button of course..

Take a pointy knife blade or awl and slide the switch up ever so slightly.. Just a little makes all the difference..

Should cure your problems without a trip to boat doctor..

If not see James P. post above..
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/27/21 03:14 PM

Mine needed a new switch.
Posted By: Weavertree

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/27/21 06:10 PM

Mine needed new sensor...warranty covered it. Would not turn left with foot control but would on spot lock and remote.
Posted By: JWRid

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/28/21 01:15 AM

Thanks to NoWieghers. Tried his solution and it worked. Easy to do and saved me some $$$$.
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: Ultrex Switch(?) Issue - 06/28/21 11:36 AM

Glad it worked out.. I have fixed a bunch of them in my parking lot!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum