Texas Fishing Forum

Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack.

Posted By: prosise

Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack. - 06/21/21 04:29 AM

Since I have been holed up at the house healing from shoulder surgery, I have been able to rebuild some of my reels and a friends. Put together my Redneck Shimano Hack video to share. Will work on any reel MFG bearing in the larger sizes, thought it was time to share.. Hope you enjoy, and "no" i will not do your reel.. I just finished 7 of mine, and 8 for a friend.. Still have 11 of mine and many frommy buddy.. Have 4 more weeks of healing. Waiting on parts for a couple of reels, but this will extend the life of a reel for a long time. I like open bearings, as they are easier to clean/lube.. I only use shimano reels..

Prosise

Posted By: greenen

Re: Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack. - 06/21/21 01:19 PM

Good video, thanks. I take my bearings off and soak in lighter fluid annually but have never removed the seals.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack. - 06/21/21 02:27 PM

Nice video.
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack. - 06/21/21 07:41 PM

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: melbj

Re: Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack. - 06/22/21 03:15 PM

Where do you get the stainless tweezers??
Posted By: prosise

Re: Super Secret Redneck Shimano Hack. - 06/22/21 06:00 PM

I picked up a bunch of heavier tweezers at a gun show back in the day.. You could use anything that has a really small point. I also made one out of a really small flat tip screw driver. Just put a slight point on it, and it worked the same. it needs to be a pretty hard metal, and the smaller the tip the better. Here is a picture of the tip of the tweezers sitting on a dime.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum