Texas Fishing Forum

Luminary/Monticello

Posted By: racing75

Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 01:14 PM

May have already been posted but on Thursday, July 1, at 10:15 am, they are going to implode all three stacks and the unit 3 boiler. Could get a good view from the county park on Bob Sandlin.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 01:44 PM

cry

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:24 PM

Luminant^^^^
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:37 PM

bang
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:37 PM

ERCOT sent out a request/warning about electricity consumption this week. It seems we don't have enough to safely meet demand. This is the second time this warm season. We got the first one in April. Of course this is after people froze to death in February in a disaster that dwarfed Hurricane Harvey in cost and loss of life.

Aren't we all glad that we shut down plants like Monticello and Fairfield, and plan to shut down Martin Creek, Welsh, and Pirkey.

Brilliant.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:39 PM

Cool! I think I'll take the son and sit out in Sandlin and watch the implosion. Thx for the heads up.
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:40 PM

I soooo wish I could afford a home on the new development that will surely be going in.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
I soooo wish I could afford a home on the new development that will surely be going in.

tried to talk mom and Rick into it, but she is bent on Bois D'arc.

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 02:53 PM

we looked really hard at LBC but the spot we found didn't pan out and the spouse wasn't impressed with the area believe it or not.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 03:47 PM

[Linked Image]

I was out there three weeks ago..
Posted By: 206champion

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 04:51 PM

They need to blow the dam between Monticello and Bob Sandlin if they are not using the plant.

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
Cool! I think I'll take the son and sit out in Sandlin and watch the implosion. Thx for the heads up.

thumb
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Razorback
ERCOT sent out a request/warning about electricity consumption this week. It seems we don't have enough to safely meet demand. This is the second time this warm season. We got the first one in April. Of course this is after people froze to death in February in a disaster that dwarfed Hurricane Harvey in cost and loss of life.

Aren't we all glad that we shut down plants like Monticello and Fairfield, and plan to shut down Martin Creek, Welsh, and Pirkey.

Brilliant.

It's all in the script. Secure a full home generation system and prepare. The plan seems to be to kill off the poor who cannot afford other ways to heat and cool their homes.

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 06:01 PM

Brilliant.

And apartments complexes are being built at a break neck pace everywhere. Then hooked up to said sketchy "green" grid

I'd love to trace ownership of all of these projects and see who and where from the ownership is. If an equity group how much of the interest is foreign owned.

it is part of the script ......agree fully
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 06:16 PM

Just keep that house at 80 in the summer and 50 in the winter. It’ll be alright.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 06:24 PM

Brilliant.

And apartments complexes are being built at a break neck pace everywhere. Then hooked up to said sketchy "green" grid

I'd love to trace ownership of all of these projects and see who and where from the ownership is. If an equity group how much of the interest is foreign owned.

it is part of the script ......agree fully

I have multiple friends who own firms that are in the apartment building business and all of their funding comes internally and if they do raise money it comes from other firms and some times private investors like me. The industry is nuts right now because millenials and others similar to them don't want to own homes.....they are perfectly happy with the apartment lifestyle.

And yes its sad what's going on with the energy grid right now because politics has forced plants to shut down with more to come. There isn't a damn thing we can do to stop or change climate change but the libs just keep saying spend more money and we will solve it. Morons! Countless jobs lost and in this case even lives lost in the winter storm this year....all for politics (and money).
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/17/21 08:18 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/18/21 12:30 AM

I'll buy lot #1. Someone let me know when they go up for sale.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/18/21 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Greg W

I’m holding out for a lot with rail frontage. roflmao
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/18/21 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Scoundrel

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/18/21 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by lconn4
Originally Posted by Scoundrel
[quote=Tiltman]I soooo wish I could afford a home on the new development that will surely be going in.

[Linked Image]

Last time I fished under that bridge in the summertime was July 1982.
It was like fishing in a hot tub with temperature on high.
Returned many times again but only November thru January.

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/18/21 11:43 AM

I’ll do the yard work in exchange for lake use !
Posted By: R&K

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/19/21 02:01 PM

Is anyone fishing via kayak? I know guys use to put in at the bridge back when it was open.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Luminary/Monticello - 06/19/21 03:12 PM

Yes ^^^^^^^
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum