Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma

Posted By: Slide_R

Lake Texoma - 06/16/21 04:40 PM

Does anybody know the story behind the vertical railroad ties that stickup in the cove near Eisenhower between it and the Ross Perot mansion? They are close together, configured in a semi-horseshoe shape and near the shore.

[Linked Image]

Attached picture LakeStructure.png
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/16/21 11:05 PM

I don't know exactly what those railroad ties are for. I remember my dad telling me way back in the day it was a recreation area in that cove. Diving boards and swimming, maybe a water slide.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/16/21 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Slide_R
Does anybody know the story behind the vertical railroad ties that stickup in the cove near Eisenhower between it and the Ross Perot mansion? They are close together, configured in a semi-horseshoe shape and near the shore.

[Linked Image]

Robert,

If you look closely, they have a rail about 1/2 way up. It appears there was some sort of cart that ran along the rail. Someone told me there was a picture of it back in the day in the Eisenhower office. I haven't seen this picture...
Posted By: John A.

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/17/21 12:51 AM

Not sure the original purpose but locals call it elephant cage.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/17/21 03:50 AM

I can attest that there are no fish hanging on it!
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Lake Texoma - 06/19/21 02:38 AM

I've seen the picture and yes there is an occasional fish to be found around this area.
I appreciate the other info, hopefully I can get the final straight skinny on it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum