Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite swim jig and trailer

Posted By: fivebites

Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 01:33 AM

For this thread let's assume white is the predominant color. I haven't thrown the swim jig a ton so don't have a lot of confidence in em, but I know they work. Favorite brand and brand of trailer? Preference of the ones with the eyes as part of the jig head rather than protruding out the front? Size/weight?
Posted By: Bofish

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 01:51 AM

Probably white with a few strands of green/green pumpkin and a boot tail trailer white with chartruese on the tail. I like eyes on baits and usually throw 3/8 to 1/2 oz baits. No particular favorite brand but I used to catch a lot of fish on Barlow's house swim jigs.
Posted By: SwimbaitRanger

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 02:21 AM

6th Sense Divine Swim Jig with a 3.8 Divine Swimbait in ghost ice minnow. 3/8 oz fishing shallow around cover and 1/2 oz fishing open water
Posted By: Barn

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 02:33 AM

My old reliable has been 3/8 Stike King Hack Attack Heavy Cover swim jig with a zoom twin tail grub. Recently I pick up some of the Hack Attack Select at Academy. They are awesome. Different head design that skips great. Also has an Owner Jungle hook. It’s my new go to.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 03:54 AM

http://talonfishing.com/shibuiyuugyoshiroi.aspx
Only one I have thrown for years. Real strong hook on the 1/2 ounce.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 11:20 AM

My favorite I've found is a Dirty Jigs No-Jack. Trailer is alot harder to choose. There is no one favorite. Different trailers work in different conditions and even different lakes. One lake I fish they like a swimming craw (paca type) trailer the best. Grass lakes it seems to be a swimbait. Wood lakes I always reach for a Rage Craw first. That trailer helps the bait float higher in the water column and get in and out of the brush better.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 11:39 AM

Hack Attack with a Yamamoto swim senko.
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 12:37 PM

6th sense devine swimbait 3/8 white - White stroker craw trailer with dyed pinchers (chart)
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 03:04 PM

Dirty jigs No Jack in 3/8s or 1/2 ounce with a 3:16 Little Booger in a color appropriate for hatch, match and water color.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 03:12 PM

Santone swim jig either 5/16 or 7/16 depending on depth I'm fishing. Pretty much always the white shadow color and usually with a white zoom speedcraw on the back.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 04:20 PM

[Linked Image]

I’ve been killing them on Fork the last few years on this. Especially here lately with the higher water.
Santone swim jig (special color) with a Mister Twister 4” curly tail.

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey
[Linked Image]

I’ve been killing them on Fork the last few years on this. Especially here lately with the higher water.
Santone swim jig (special color) with a Mister Twister 4” curly tail.

You back in action? How's the knee?
Posted By: TxSwimbaiter

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 07:10 PM

I just got my made for the Classic trailers from Fringe that finished in the top 10 and they ain't white.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/16/21 08:32 PM

. [/quote]

You back in action? How's the knee?[/quote]

Better. We haven’t fished hardly any tournaments this year. Still hard to stand a full day on it. But I’m growing fond of sleeping in and just fun fishing. Lol.

Re: Favorite swim jig and trailer - 06/18/21 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

You back in action? How's the knee?[/quote]

Better. We haven’t fished hardly any tournaments this year. Still hard to stand a full day on it. But I’m growing fond of sleeping in and just fun fishing. Lol.
[/quote]

Good to hear Chris! I think I'll be down there for a couple of days next week. Hope to see ya if we do.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum