Texas Fishing Forum

Roberts derby

Posted By: Darin S.

Roberts derby - 06/15/21 11:17 PM

Anyone here fishing the derby tonight? If so please post the results of the boat ramp fight and tournament results.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Roberts derby - 06/15/21 11:38 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Anyone here fishing the derby tonight? If so please post the results of the boat ramp fight and tournament results.

popcorn2

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 02:07 AM

Maybe “Hommie” didn’t show up for his autograph.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 02:21 AM

Maybe “Hommie” didn’t show up for his autograph.

roflmao
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 03:35 AM

I saw no fights. A lot of laughing before the tournament. Landed about 25% of my fish tonight. Could have done some good.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 03:39 AM

No boat ramp fights? Hell. Our group has em all the time!

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 03:41 AM

I actually boat rammed some dudes one night. Got on there boat, cussing, then realized my partner was still on the back of my boat and was making no effort to come back for me. I thought I was gonna get my face kicked in that night. But…I guess I bluffed em. They apologized and took me to my boat. Lol. Little did they know.
Posted By: Dale Gribble

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 03:55 AM

Heard I won the derby without even showing up! Looks like I’ll be the one signing autographs hommie
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 03:57 AM

What time does the derby start?

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Dale Gribble
Heard I won the derby without even showing up! Looks like I’ll be the one signing autographs hommie

You win something alright. Do you have any FB pics you can share with us again....
Posted By: buda13

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 12:43 PM

Yeah right, like any of the keyboard warriors from here would show up.

They run a great little tournament up there, good folks having a good time drama free.
Posted By: TxRanger1

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 05:40 PM

First, what in the hell is a derby? Second, geez Steez, it is a wonder that you didnt get shot dead, there are a lot of folks that carry items with them for those exact reasons.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TxRanger1
First, what in the hell is a derby? Second, geez Steez, it is a wonder that you didnt get shot dead, there are a lot of folks that carry items with them for those exact reasons.

Some days I’m just really quick to fly off the handle.
Posted By: Jigit

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 10:09 PM

Not sure how you won anything but not showing was the smartest thing you have probably ever done. Anyone stupid enough to steal someone's information from a private page, twist their words and use it to boost their own weak pathetic ego is a brick shy of a full load. When you grow a pair holla HOMMIE!
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jigit

Not sure how you won anything but not showing was the smartest thing you have probably ever done. Anyone stupid enough to steal someone's information from a private page, twist their words and use it to boost their own weak pathetic ego is a brick shy of a full load. When you grow a pair holla HOMMIE!

So you were seriously going to administer a beat down on Ol' Dale Gribble ? Or some mean looks or chest bumping while looking crazy?
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 10:57 PM

Surprised that guy didn’t call that one guys step uncle-in-law to put the beat down on him at the ramp. Maybe he only does those favors on lakes that are close to the Great Wolf Lodge when the water park is open.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 11:09 PM

Wow what did ole Dale do?
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

Wow what did ole Dale do?

You had to be quick on the post to get IBTL, or delete in this case. lol

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 11:25 PM

So what did it take to win last nights derby?
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 11:53 PM

Idk but I heard they declared Dale the winner and everyone got a good laugh.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Roberts derby - 06/16/21 11:59 PM

roflmao

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 12:10 AM

If Dale is old what’s he doing posting in the Bass section. Someone needs to let him know all the olds hang out in the OT. That was his only mistake.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Used2fish

Serious question. I’m curious to know how the locals did after the pros left.
Posted By: John A.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 12:49 AM

I don't know the official weight. I believe it was 3 for 18 and change. They had a dead fish penalty so I'm unsure of the official weight.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 12:54 AM

Strong. Maybe we need a dale gribble invitational.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 12:58 AM

That’s very impressive. I guess some of the criticism of the pros is justified. My money is on WAWI. Hope he didn’t have to boat ramp anyone for leaving their headlights on.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Barrett

The DGI , Has a good ring to it

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Barrett

My moneys on billdozer

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 02:11 AM

Ole Dale seems harmless Hommie.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by John A.
I don't know the official weight. I believe it was 3 for 18 and change. They had a dead fish penalty so I'm unsure of the official weight.

the BASS guys had a dead fish?
Posted By: N2Bass

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 02:33 AM

Dang. Y’all taking in Spanglish. Can’t understand a darn thing. But maybe best to keep a young angler away from potential bad experiences.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 02:38 AM

All I got out of this thread is that the OT stands for "Ole Timers". Funny, I thought it meant something else...
roflmao
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 03:00 AM

Is a Derby another name for a bass tournament?
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jimfishes

I’ve heard hats called that.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton
All I got out of this thread is that the OT stands for "Ole Timers". Funny, I thought it meant something else...
roflmao

Darin’s posted that about the olds hanging out in the OT. I would agree as I’m a regular there.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jimfishes

Allegedly

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 03:48 AM

Nothing but love for the olde’s. Hell I can’t wait to be one so I can be a BASS marshal. roflmao
Posted By: Dale Gribble

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 03:52 AM

Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 04:26 AM

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 08:21 AM

I'm missing something. Who is this Dale Gribble? Did he pitch a tent at the classic and why is a horse race associated with a bass tournament?
Posted By: buda13

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 10:10 AM

Real easy to talk it from behind the computer with no accountability. Jump back on over to that Facebook page and let them know who you really are… the man is owed an apology or an opportunity to a discuss in person. Knowing the guy in question I’d suggest the apology. It’s the right thing to do.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/17/21 11:47 AM

Why does he need an apology? He made a silly post that was funny and people laughed. Above the age of about 18 I’d assume most of us aren’t that sensitive. But you know what they say about assume!
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:04 AM

What is this post about for those of us not on Facebook?

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 01:40 PM

Basically a person out fun fishing during the classic whacked em pretty good and made a FB post with pictures of their fish wishing that they been able to compete in the classic because they would've been dominant. Dale Gribble from Arlen , Texas made a post ridiculing said angler which then caused the Angler to be embarrassed and want to kick Dale's asss.

The crowd seems split on this one some calling for an Apology by Dale to avoid the impending beating and some think and Apology to the classic competitors for the "I woulda beat their lame [censored]" sentiment in the original FB post.

make sense ?
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
Basically a person out fun fishing during the classic whacked em pretty good and made a FB post with pictures of their fish wishing that they been able to compete in the classic because they would've been dominant. Dale Gribble from Arlen , Texas made a post ridiculing said angler which then caused the Angler to be embarrassed and want to kick Dale's asss.

The crowd seems split on this one some calling for an Apology by Dale to avoid the impending beating and some think and Apology to the classic competitors for the "I woulda beat their lame [censored]" sentiment in the original FB post.

make sense ?

roflmao Excellent summary! clap

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:29 PM

I heard the guy was named Tom Nancy or something like that

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:31 PM

I thought dale was congratulating the guy.
Posted By: topconmm

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:42 PM

make sense ?

That is without a doubt the best explanation I have ever read on here. I mean I could of saved four pages of reading if someone had pinned this to the top. smile
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:42 PM

Did anyone ever fight, being a fried chicken joint in an alley? I thought thst would have been cool.
Posted By: Brandon Dickenson

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 03:44 PM

I love a good ole post about "beating the pros"
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 04:05 PM

Best summary yet
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 05:13 PM

Not sure what the big deal with him fishing during the Classic If he was fishing deeper than 3Ft he wasn’t bothering anyones fish during the Classic Derby anyhow, that part is pretty clear.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 05:17 PM

i would recommend fishing the tuesday nighters. good group of fishermen and they are drawing more boats than in years past usually around 20.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 07:23 PM

Dale screwed up and should apologize. That guy posted those fish pics on his FB page, not here. The question is how did Dale find his Facebook page and why did he feel it necessary to take screenshots and post them here? The thread was also titled “Classic Winner”. roflmao

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 07:24 PM

Dale screwed up and should apologize. That guy posted those fish pics on his FB page, not here. The question is how did Dale find his Facebook page and why did he feel it necessary to take screenshots and post them here? The thread was also titled “Classic Winner”. roflmao

Who is the guy who threatened Dale?

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 07:37 PM

Who is the guy who threatened Dale?

I forgot his real name. Someone here knows him.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 09:26 PM

I dunno......(high pitched voice)

I'd say to be honest whatever you are willing to post on FB is fair game.

Dick Move by Dale sure, after all Dale is a world class rick with a P but also the Angler opened himself up for it.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 09:45 PM

So Tiltman , was he called out for a good reason or not? Sorry. Just trying to cut through all the other stuff you said .

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 09:56 PM

Who are the players? Dale is trying to fight who? Did Dale fish the classic?

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:08 PM

So I think someone is trying to fight Dale but Dale doesn't want to fight them.....

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:09 PM

make sense ?

This is greatness and I appreciate you doing this!

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79

So I think someone is trying to fight Dale but Dale doesn't want to fight them.....

Oh I thought Dale was an OG bad-as*

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
So Tiltman , was he called out for a good reason or not? Sorry. Just trying to cut through all the other stuff you said .

Not that my opinion is worth anything at all but I will share it.

It's a free country at least for now and if the FB poster want's to insinuate he can hang at the BM Classic by posting on FB with some nice catches then good for him. Would I do that and in some deep dark space in my mind do I think I could hang with any high level pro with their pressures and commitments hell no. No matter what I caught on that day I would never draw a conclusion that I am on their level. I have spent a ton of time in the boat with some one that ALMOST made the classic and I can tell you I am not that good and neither are most of the guys that will be on Tawak tomorrow for Champs. So yes the OG post on FB was fair game in my opinion.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:44 PM

I have seen Dale hit himself in the head with a T-Post driver and his knees barely wobbled......I would pass on tangling with that bastage.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:53 PM

I have seen Dale hit himself in the head with a T-Post driver and his knees barely wobbled......I would pass on tangling with that bastage.

I seen the other fellow at the ramp and he didn't look like a push over either. Don't think I have met this Dale Gribble. Sounds like it would have been a heck of a rumble.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/18/21 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
[quote=Douglas J]Who are the players? Dale is trying to fight who? Did Dale fish the classic?

I seen the other fellow at the ramp and he didn't look like a push over either. Don't think I have met this Dale Gribble. Sounds like it would have been a heck of a rumble.

So the other party (is he nameless?) was ramped up and Dale no showed?

Re: Roberts derby - 06/19/21 02:26 AM

Dale is 5’10 185lbs with chicken legs and a beer gut. Have none of you guys watched king of the hill for Pete sake?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Roberts derby - 06/19/21 02:40 AM

You know it’s boring in Texas, when a thread like this keeps going.

Re: Roberts derby - 06/19/21 04:10 AM

How’s Boerne fishing grout.... roflmao
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Roberts derby - 06/19/21 10:35 AM

You're funny, Chris. laugh
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Roberts derby - 06/19/21 11:54 AM

How’s Boerne fishing grout.... roflmao

Not sure, haven’t wasted my time fishing Boerne Lake in 7 years. Maybe Dale can search some FB post and let us know how it’s looking.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum