Texas Fishing Forum

Bonham Reports?

Posted By: Barn

Bonham Reports? - 06/15/21 05:19 PM

Anyone fished Bonham lately? I haven't been out there all year. How's the water conditions? How's the vegetation situation? Seems like the last time I was out there wasn't as many reeds as in the past.
Posted By: Choctaw Angler

Re: Bonham Reports? - 06/15/21 05:50 PM

I fish a Wednesday nighter on Texoma and was invited to a Thursday nighter on Bonham, so I assume there's something there.
Posted By: John A.

Re: Bonham Reports? - 06/15/21 06:20 PM

I have no fishing reports for bass. Been out there for crappie. I can say that the lake is completely full. There is reeds and some other shoreline vegetation in the water. Water has a slight stain to it but really looks good. Id like to sneak out there one Thursday. We will see if I get that done.
Posted By: Big Sumo

Re: Bonham Reports? - 06/15/21 07:13 PM

Was out there Sunday about Mid Day, water temp was 90-91.2 main body of water all the way back the pockets. Water color was muddy. Only about 6-8in of vis looking at a white bait. We only fished for 3 hrs due to heat. stay out in the main parts after 10am or so. Only caught one and it was a shad crank bait 10-15. what was caught was not even a Bass, got us a crappie 1.52lbs.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Bonham Reports? - 06/16/21 12:42 AM

muddy as can be by 273, went in today and it was still like chocolate milk a the bridges.

no one on the lake either, usually 1-2 retirees out but it may be the heat.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Bonham Reports? - 06/16/21 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong
muddy as can be by 273, went in today and it was still like chocolate milk a the bridges.

no one on the lake either, usually 1-2 retirees out but it may be the heat.

Ugh. Not digging the chocolate milk. I may end up back at Roberts as usual.
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Bonham Reports? - 08/19/21 07:08 PM

Any recent reports on Bonham? Never been on that lake, but was going to try it Saturday afternoon/evening.
Posted By: Bofish

Re: Bonham Reports? - 08/20/21 02:50 PM

I second the question. Want to take my grandsons up there soon but haven't been this year

Re: Bonham Reports? - 08/21/21 01:20 PM

On Bonham right now... Water temp 83.6 vis about a foot. Winds out the south/southwest about 7. Thermocline at the 12ft mark. If you come out say hi.. We are in a gold/maroon champ
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Bonham Reports? - 08/21/21 04:04 PM

Plan to put in around 5:00 and fish the evening bite. Will be in a white Triton.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Bonham Reports? - 08/21/21 09:25 PM

Lasted till 1pm. 4 fish.. 2 bass.. 2 kittys. All caught in 5ft or less.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum