Texas Fishing Forum

School me on the fishing deck

Posted By: bloo_rainger

School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 02:21 PM

I've noticed over the years that for example.

Seems like when a soft bait needs to be changed the guys always go into their boxes for a new bait and then put the bag back in the box and close it after the bait has been changed.

Seems like every time they put a fish in the livewell they always lock and secure the box lids.

Is there a set of rules dictating how all of this can be done?

I know when my day is over I have stuff strung out all over the boat and I never lock any of my boxes or livewell.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 02:36 PM

I assure you that I don't have all of the answers, but the livewells are locked to keep the fish in the boat...they're fishing for a fair chunk of change most weekends and don't need anything crazy happening.

As far as keeping their baits under the lid is probably to keep what they're using under wraps from other eyes 👀 and they may be using baits made by a company other than their sponsor(s). Biggest reason is probably just for organization purposes and to prevent a hurricane-like devastation scene on their boat, which I definitely create after a day's fishing.
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 05:57 PM

It’s called being organized which should help efficiency on the water.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mudman63

This^^^^
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 06:08 PM

If you don't latch my lids the latches will stub a toe or worse... And yeah, I like to stay organized also... Dan
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 06:21 PM

A lot of successful people in life, in whatever they do, do things in an organized manner and order. A lot of unsuccessful people live life like a whirlwind and are unorganized.

Both types of people, successful and unsuccessful, usually have repeatable results in what they do as a result of their "habits".
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JD/76708
I assure you that I don't have all of the answers, but the livewells are locked to keep the fish in the boat...they're fishing for a fair chunk of change most weekends and don't need anything crazy happening. In a tournament once I had a big keeper knock the lid open and get out. Cost me a few $$$ in prize money.

As far as keeping their baits under the lid is probably to keep what they're using under wraps from other eyes 👀 and they may be using baits made by a company other than their sponsor(s). This could be very true. Was on Choke a month ago and into them and had a drone hover above my boat. I THINK they might have been looking at what I was throwing. Biggest reason is probably just for organization purposes and to prevent a hurricane-like devastation scene on their boat, which I definitely create after a day's fishing.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mudman63

Yes other than the rare savant the guys that make it to this level are maximum efficient.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JD/76708
I assure you that I don't have all of the answers, but the livewells are locked to keep the fish in the boat...they're fishing for a fair chunk of change most weekends and don't need anything crazy happening.

As far as keeping their baits under the lid is probably to keep what they're using under wraps from other eyes 👀 and they may be using baits made by a company other than their sponsor(s). Biggest reason is probably just for organization purposes and to prevent a hurricane-like devastation scene on their boat, which I definitely create after a day's fishing.

thumb
Posted By: RaptorRunner

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 09:57 PM

I have always closed the latches on my lids and put bags and stuff where they go while fishing. There is already enough stuff to worry about on deck with rods and a net. Rough water and wind can sneak up And steal your bag of baits, pop a lid open, or tear something else up. Not to mention a bass jumping out of the well. For me it is a fishing platform and not a catch all trash can.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 10:00 PM

The only problem I have with the Pro efficiency is claiming down to get in a box for a bait. Keep the Da$$ baits in your pocket. Keep your go-to baits in one of the Sponsor bags..
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 10:00 PM

The only problem I have with the Pro efficiency is climbing down to get in a box for a bait. Keep the Da$$ baits in your pocket. Keep your go-to baits in one of the Sponsor bags..
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: School me on the fishing deck - 06/13/21 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper
The only problem I have with the Pro efficiency is climbing down to get in a box for a bait. Keep the Da$$ baits in your pocket. Keep your go-to baits in one of the Sponsor bags..

This. I keep watermelon red senkos in my left pocket and flipping baits in my right pocket. I’ll get down to grab a new bag every 10-11 fish on a Senko.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum