Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/12/21 11:07 PM

Did they BOTH zero today?!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/12/21 11:15 PM

Yup both zeroed...

No they haven't weighed in yet
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/12/21 11:26 PM

Phewww. I’d love to see Steve K get one. Well deserved for a guy that has been fishing for years
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/12/21 11:33 PM

I’m amazed he is still throwing those old green Curados. He is supposed to be an engineer, I bet he can rebuild one of those with the best of them. Those greenies were the deal
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/12/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by K.D.
I’m amazed he is still throwing those old green Curados. He is supposed to be an engineer, I bet he can rebuild one of those with the best of them. Those greenies were the deal

Electrical engineer by trade, I believe. There is a great documentary over on The Bass Zone that they did on Steve. It’s under the 20ft Deep.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/12/21 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Electrical engineer by trade, I believe. There is a great documentary over on The Bass Zone that they did on Steve. It’s under the 20ft Deep.

Posted By: K.D.

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 12:05 AM

Dam, what a weigh in. Kennedy just a few ounces shy of taking the lead and being in 2nd. Then Cherry shows up needing 12 for 1st and hangs 17 lbs! He’s going into day 3 with a 5 lb lead over 2nd.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 12:48 AM

Cherry is a hammer
Posted By: MV

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 01:13 AM

Steve lost a good one . He weighed 4 today.
Posted By: Patta-whack

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Cherry is a hammer

^^^^^ This

I lived in Denver, NC about 5 miles from Hank and ran into him a lot on Lake Norman. He dominated the tournaments there and seems to be able to duplicate that on about any water.
Posted By: Big1Bass

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 01:52 AM

After tomorrow the field will have caught the complete stock of Bass in the lake.. Just Kidding Kyle Be surprised if anyone catches a limit ...
Posted By: prosise

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 02:38 AM

That was a great video. Appreciate you sharing.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 03:23 AM

Curado greenies are fire! Wish they still made them where and how they made them back then
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar
Curado greenies are fire! Wish they still made them where and how they made them back then

I think that generation was made in Japan. I still have 6 greenies; 4 standard and 2 Super Free. I had them all refurbed two years ago because the parts are getting difficult to next-to-impossible to find (according to my reel mechanic). I don't fish them because they're heavier than the Curados of today, but just as smooth as when they were new. One of the high points of Shimano.

I still have 4 Bantams (3 100s and a 1000) that I bought new in 1980. The 1000 cost $100!!
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 01:27 PM

Kennedy should be leading by 3 lbs not trailing by 4 with that one he lost yesterday.
Posted By: herbsteiner

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 04:51 PM

Kennedy has slipped to 10th at the moment. Everyone else is flipping brush or tossing topwaters next to the brush. Kennedy is sticking to flipping the deeper tree lines and they are not happening for him.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 05:09 PM

Now yall see why some of the people who fish this lake often were concerned about fish care and hauling the fish all the way to ft worth. They are an endangered species roflmao
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 06:51 PM

covid an folks being paid more not to work than work have taken a toll on all the lakes.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith
covid an folks being paid more not to work than work have taken a toll on all the lakes.

True that
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Now yall see why some of the people who fish this lake often were concerned about fish care and hauling the fish all the way to ft worth. They are an endangered species roflmao

When you have a bunch of bank beaters and they aren’t there, then you really don’t have to worry about fish care do you. It’s a win for the local lake.

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by emorydog

When you have a bunch of bank beaters and they aren’t there, then you really don’t have to worry about fish care do you. It’s a win for the local lake.

Would have all the guys that left for MLF have done better?
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

Really good question. I was VERY surprised that these guys for being "the best in the world" did not branch out from what I saw. My partner caught a 10XD fish out there 10 days ago so there are def some big ones deep. There is also another large section of the lake that majority of the pros left untouched that could have been a major player if given the chance. These guys didnt really impress me much... I know its tough out there I know the lake is struggling and I do not think I could have done better BUT this is these guys full time jobs. I expected a bit more to be honest.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 08:04 PM

If

Dont really know. I do know I didn’t see a lot a different depths and tactics being tested. Shallow bushes for 98% of the field is what I saw. Cherry trying a jerk bait at the dam an Kennedy pitching timber for 8 hrs with no success. I’ve fished there plenty and there are a lot of other options all the way out to 20’. I also expected more from classic qualified caliber fishermen. Oh well back to the north with the dropshot for all the trails for the rest of the year.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 08:34 PM

Yes
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

Yes

Agree. Arguably some of the best in the world left for MLF.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 09:01 PM

If I was getting 30-40+ bites on the bank in bushes with some big ones mixed in during practice, it's pretty hard to go look elsewhere. I would've done just what these guys are doing. "Most" lakes with that kinda action can repeat itself. The difference is, Roberts don't have that kinda population of fish.

Re: Steve Kennedy & Hank Cherry - 06/13/21 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Darin S.

Yes

I can't disagree
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum