Texas Fishing Forum

Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network

Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:03 PM

History being made this morning...
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:04 PM

Now if the lightning will go away.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:09 PM

Pretty sweet!
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:18 PM

It's like Nascar. It's raining and there's lightning so you can catch yourself couple hours of commercials!

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
It's like Nascar. It's raining and there's lightning so you can catch yourself couple hours of commercials!

Serious facepalm, I guess I spoke too soon. Yesterday would have been perfect, today is going to be a disaster
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:31 PM

you wouldn't be seeing them if not for the ingenuity of boyd duckett and gary klein who started major league fishing and showed there was an audience for competitive fishing on TV....BASS had 30 plus years to grow the sport and never got past 30-35 half hour segments each year....MLF now has over 800 hours on 3 networks and their success has enabled BASS to finally get a few hours TV exposure of their tournaments....
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Yeah not gonna see much fishing. hammer
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap
you wouldn't be seeing them if not for the ingenuity of boyd duckett and gary klein who started major league fishing and showed there was an audience for competitive fishing on TV....BASS had 30 plus years to grow the sport and never got past 30-35 half hour segments each year....MLF now has over 800 hours on 3 networks and their success has enabled BASS to finally get a few hours TV exposure of their tournaments....

Unnecessary comment

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright

Unnecessary comment

care to explain why you think my comment was unnecessary?.....the original poster made a comment that he never thought he would see live TV coverage of a bass tounry and I posted the reason he is seeing live coverage....
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:00 PM

Actually we still haven’t seen it.

roflmao
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:04 PM

Unnecessary comment

He's not wrong, the competiton between the two has built to this.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:06 PM

I agree competition is good, BASS was lackadaisical for too many years because they had FLW beat, MLF kicked them into high gear.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:11 PM

I can’t see [censored], what a flop for BASS.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:14 PM

I believe espn aired it live when they owned it.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI

Yep. They did.
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:40 PM

That's impressive for BASS!!!... Dan thumb
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 01:43 PM

Can’t wait to hear some of the complaints on the local Fox station about their programs being preempted by fishing. At least it’s not Judge Judy.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 02:20 PM

Unnecessary comment

care to explain why you think my comment was unnecessary?.....the original poster made a comment that he never thought he would see live TV coverage of a bass tounry and I posted the reason he is seeing live coverage....

Because it always turns into a pissing match with comments such as these. I'm 100% pro BPT & BASS. I watch & support (member of) both organizations.

And I mean no disrespect to you either.
Posted By: Royce Sanders jr

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 02:43 PM

To me the only reason it’s on a “regular” tv channel, is because Fox and Fox Sports, and it’s the Classic at Fort Worth. I don’t think it has anything to with Duckett, Klein, MLF. Doesn’t BASS already come on FS1 anyway? I think ever since they left ESPN it’s been on FS1. JMO

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Royce Sanders jr
To me the only reason it’s on a “regular” tv channel, is because Fox and Fox Sports, and it’s the Classic at Fort Worth. I don’t think it has anything to with Duckett, Klein, MLF. Doesn’t BASS already come on FS1 anyway? I think ever since they left ESPN it’s been on FS1. JMO

I think there really isnt alot going on with Saturday morning tv to begin with anyway. Especially this time of year.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 03:00 PM

I think there really isnt alot going on with Saturday morning tv to begin with anyway. Especially this time of year.

This^^^ They took off Bugs bunny and friends off years ago.. Saturday morning Tv sucks since then..

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 03:21 PM

you don't suppose somebody at Fox Tv noticed that the competitive fishing on major league fishing was the #1 ranked outdoor program or they just didn't like Bugs Bunny?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 03:48 PM

you don't suppose somebody at Fox Tv noticed that the competitive fishing on major league fishing was the #1 ranked outdoor program or they just didn't like Bugs Bunny?

As usual Beartrap, you are incorrect. The spokesman for FOX said on BTL that they took a chance on fishing BECAUSE it was one of the few sports (if you call it that) that was able to be completed during the COVID closures. I know you find Boyd to be the greatest thing to come along, if he was, the MLF/BPT would be on major networks. Fishing draws almost worthless ratings.

I will not be shocked in the least when the current contract is up and FOX drops them.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 04:25 PM

Now they are showing summer league football that as best I can tell none watch..... but if you want to gas light feel free to do so. I got no dog in the fight.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 08:17 PM

Yes exactly. Havent caught MLF once on TV this year. Have woken up to BASS a few times tho.

Glad Boyd and whoever work so hard for BASS....wait....what 🤔

I dont care either way and just watch....but BASS seems very accessible to Joe Public in 2021
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 09:20 PM

I must say as for watching fishing on TV this week (albeit streaming), watching Kevin VanDam and the bass pro tour in Chickamauga was hands-down better coverage.
I saw a picture of Kevin Vandam at the expo of the bass master classic, I’m sure his star power gave that expo a shot in the arm plus I’m sure there were many of the other stars from bass pro tour there.
Posted By: Used2fish

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 09:29 PM

Never ever go full retard
Posted By: Fishing on a string

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 09:33 PM

Some folks don’t have that button. Sure did not see much fan fair about the letters winning this week. But I bet everyone will know who will be the winner of this.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

As usual Beartrap, you are incorrect. The spokesman for FOX said on BTL that they took a chance on fishing BECAUSE it was one of the few sports (if you call it that) that was able to be completed during the COVID closures. I know you find Boyd to be the greatest thing to come along, if he was, the MLF/BPT would be on major networks. Fishing draws almost worthless ratings.

I will not be shocked in the least when the current contract is up and FOX drops them.

Fox wants more BASS programming. That is why they are showing each of the last BASS Opens on FS1
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
Some folks don’t have that button. Sure did not see much fan fair about the letters winning this week. But I bet everyone will know who will be the winner of this.

Not many people recall or hear much about the last elite event winner either, just a regular schedule win. Since it appears your new to the fishing scene, Not a single person remaining at BASS or fishing the classic this year can hold a candle to KVD regardless of who wins tomorrow. Best of the rest is what we are watching this week and thats ok. I like both fine.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 10:50 PM

That coverage blew!! Glad I went fishing and recorded it. B.A.S.S should be embarrassed and heads should roll.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/12/21 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I can’t quote him verbatim, but I don’t remember anything at all about Covid being the reason in his response during that interview. And if Covid is the reason, that spells bad news for BASS. Why wouldn’t they drop it immediately once the rest of the sports are back on? And that would also mean they didn't want it, but needed it, during a global pandemic. Easy to drop it afterwards or when something better comes along. Not a good look, but, again, I don’t remember him saying anything about Covid during that interview. Maybe I’m thinking of the director of programming and not the spokesman.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 01:28 PM

Since when is ESPN network tv?

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
That coverage blew!! Glad I went fishing and recorded it. B.A.S.S should be embarrassed and heads should roll.

I would agree coverage is rough, other than the first two hours of Friday they just aren't catching them very good.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

I would agree coverage is rough, other than the first two hours of Friday they just aren't catching them very good.

Its ray Robert's, does that surprise you? The next time you see a local hammer like Barrett or some of the other guys that win out there with some consistency tip your hat cause it's the hardest lake around. I'll put the over under of limits today at 5.......they are outa fish.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 02:04 PM

I don't know the lake but have heard it was tough, you never really know how much sandbagging goes on when locals say these things
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 02:18 PM

Never thought I would see 23 of 25 classic angers beating the bank with marginal results. They are getting just enough bites to scare them from moving off the 3’ bite. Looks like a Sealy tournament. Shakey head on points with rock might get bit but you will have to throw on the other side of the boat.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 02:59 PM

I don't know the lake but have heard it was tough, you never really know how much sandbagging goes on when locals say these things

When you see big bags come out of that lake alot of times its 6 or 7 bites. I dont know if I have ever heard someone that I believed tell me they culled through 15 fish out there to get to a 20 plus limit and that's even in the spring when it gives you hope.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 03:39 PM

When you see big bags come out of that lake alot of times its 6 or 7 bites. I dont know if I have ever heard someone that I believed tell me they culled through 15 fish out there to get to a 20 plus limit and that's even in the spring when it gives you hope.

Our best days we have ever had and our friends weight wise usually are 5-9 bites.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 03:52 PM

Is one of the major networks carrying this today like they did yesterday??

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper

Just a couple of minutes left on FS1

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 05:30 PM

Spotty and grainy coverage again, replay after replay of fish caught and missed, to many commercials and commentary. I can go on. MLF’s production is light years ahead right now. SMH.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donald Harper

Nope it was just Saturday, its on cable today.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 05:53 PM

Ive really enjoyed all the coverage. Wish the lake would have put out better for a better show. It's been fun to watch regardless.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 05:57 PM

Why don’t they have a camera in the leaders boat?

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network - 06/13/21 07:03 PM

Why don’t they have a camera in the leaders boat?

They do, bad cell coverage where he is at on the lake.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum