Texas Fishing Forum

Day 2

Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Day 2 - 06/11/21 09:48 PM

Who's Going to the Lake ?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:28 PM

And please say how early? We’re launching at dark 30....
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:40 PM

Not me. Looks like they are having a hard enough time catching fish. I don’t see a reason to get in the way.

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:42 PM

No Booz cruise?
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:46 PM

Kenedy says the spectators will likely be an issue.

They should give out locks of hair or something so these people that have a need to be in the way will have a piece of their angler crushes. That way they can just stay home, go to the expo and weigh in. No need to go be a lookey loo

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:53 PM

Steve Kennedy is bald. He’s got nothing to offer.
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:55 PM

BUT , they all look so cute in their little tournament shirts, with drool running down to their waist.

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 10:59 PM

Not to mention, I’m tired of spying on Barrett. I’m ready to watch someone catch fish...

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

They should give out locks of hair or something so these people that have a need to be in the way will have a piece of their angler crushes. That way they can just stay home, go to the expo and weigh in. No need to go be a lookey loo

You win the internet today. Well done lol

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Steve Kennedy is bald. He’s got nothing to offer.

fan boys can find some hair I am sure

Re: Day 2 - 06/11/21 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

Did you see Matt Robertson today? Fool cut the sleeves off his jersey and had a BASS and American flag tattooed oh his upper arm. He's awesome!!

#redneck

[Linked Image]

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 12:51 AM

Did you see Matt Robertson today? Fool cut the sleeves off his jersey and had a BASS and American flag tattooed oh his upper arm. He's awesome!!

#redneck

[Linked Image]

By far my favorite elite series pro
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 12:57 AM

#redneck

[Linked Image]

You can tell he ain't from around! farmer
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 12:57 AM

Can anyone name any locals that are mad/jealous they aren't out there? I think I can in both threads

Iv seen locals give waypoints and tie ribbons to trees to help pros in other tournaments on this lake, oh and the
Pro's in their boats. You sold your soul for some baits.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
Can anyone name any locals that are mad/jealous they aren't out there? I think I can in both threads

Iv seen locals give waypoints and tie ribbons to trees to help pros in other tournaments on this lake, oh and the

I in no way care to live the life of a professional bass fishermen. I can assure you x10,000. Those guys have tough lives. Not a single bone on my body that would ever put my family through that. I ran keith combs boat lanes on ray roberts years ago for the ttbc and he’s stayed at my house for the lew open last year. I wish I’d of gotten something out of it but instead we drank some whiskey, ate steaks and told some lies and he even took a run at winning the tournament. Good times.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 01:10 AM

I can’t....maybe you can help me out. hmmm
Posted By: Dogfish_Jones

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 01:13 AM

You gotta love Robertson, I mean who in their ever loving mind would think of doing something like that on the biggest stage for bass fishing. This guy is full, 100%, hardcore Kentucky redneck. I bet at his wedding he cut the sleeves from his tux!
I hope he does well this tournament, what a story that would be.
A chilling thought just passed my mind…… wonder what a conversation between him and Swindle sounds like? hmmm

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones
You gotta love Robertson, I mean who in their ever loving mind would think of doing something like that on the biggest stage for bass fishing. This guy is full, 100%, hardcore Kentucky redneck. I bet at his wedding he cut the sleeves from his tux!
I hope he does well this tournament, what a story that would be.
A chilling thought just passed my mind…… wonder what a conversation between him and Swindle sounds like? hmmm

You seen the video of his tour of his trailer park. It’s incredible. You will laugh your [censored] off.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 01:31 AM

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CKtoS-OFt0N/?utm_medium=copy_link

Y’all are welcome roflmao
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 02:32 AM

That is greatness. I hope he wrecks them.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 02:40 AM

I’m going to Athens. Gonna watch the live stuff on my Lowrance Carbons as I fish.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 02:50 AM

That dude reminds me of young John Daly
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 02:53 AM

Network TV tomorrow morning, nice https://www.bassmaster.com/video/bassmaster-live
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chris B

That is greatness. I hope he wrecks them.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 09:14 AM

Going to get wet this morning , Texas weather . cowboy
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 11:54 AM

I never got to meet RedRangers brother until yesterday. He pretty cool.

[Linked Image]

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
That dude reminds me of young John Daly

I can agree with that! thumb

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Okie Poke

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:05 PM

[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:08 PM

Looks like the lake is fishing tough. Day 2 seems more like the last couple years I fished it. Slow and a major grind to get 1 or 2 bites.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:14 PM

Im just wondering if we are going to see more than a couple limits. Those fish don't reload on that lake.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:16 PM

Tell me yall heard what Matt just said on live lol!!! If I post it here I am automatically in for a ban. Was hilarious!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:23 PM

I missed it. Post it up somehow.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S

I dont even know how to possibly get away with it. I PM'd you.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:27 PM

Spill the beans...what was said?

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:31 PM

roflmao Man I wish I didn't miss that
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:43 PM

A limit is going to be like gold today......or should I say bitcoin...
Posted By: Classic Fiberglass

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:55 PM

Justin Kerr catching quality.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:56 PM

Wait until tomorrow. A limit will REALLY be gold.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:57 PM

Post it up big boy lol
Posted By: Brutaldudeski

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 03:59 PM

Super rooting for Matt Robertson and Mr Arey. Its hard to watch some of these guys fish this lake though, I know how small it fishes and how tough it can be. I keep being like "yeah you keep grinding that dead water for a drum XD"

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 04:07 PM

Post it up big boy lol

I will describe it as something done by a certain white house intern and a president back in the late 90's. Not as blunt or funny the way Matt put it.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 04:11 PM

Next for PM.
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 04:18 PM

Someone PM me what was said as well...
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 04:33 PM

Tough catch'in day on Ray Bob. fish

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 04:40 PM

Pretty crazy 53 pros and 1 limit. Maybe TPWD will figure out we need stocking if the best cant even catch em I think the MCs comment on lack of pressure has been corrected now. He is so confused how yesterday was so good and today is terrible. Yes they got a late start but they ran out of fish.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 05:09 PM

I saw tpwd posted the release vessel for the tournament. Funny its owned by BASS and not them. Wish they'd up their game and stock more as well.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 05:28 PM

The REAL Ray Bob is showing up today
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 05:49 PM

A PM was a wise decision! thumb

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

haha PM me if you wanna know what it was roflmao

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:19 PM

How deep are the trees Steve Kennedy is flipping? I imagine they are in 20 fow or so.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by RedRanger

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Tom, that is one of Jack's illegit sons, 100%

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:31 PM

Wish Matt Robertson would get out of that flooded brush and go fish deep trees for the big bites

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:33 PM

They should put a couple of locals in the "booth" to do the commentary. That would be epic
Posted By: aneil

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:50 PM

We have Barrett doing commentary on here. That’s all we need.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

haha PM me if you wanna know what it was roflmao

That's OK. Bet it was a good one! cheers
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:51 PM

Fouz and Ken A for the final day commentary cool

...with Barrett floating around town and the expo with insight
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 06:57 PM

Fishing is slowww
Cameras are grainy
Not many names in the mix
But the expo is probably packed, so to BASS all is well

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 07:10 PM

I couldn't believe Cherry stay on the dam that long , i went to Pilot Point he was on the dam , when i came that he was still there .

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 07:21 PM

Steve Kennedy had a big one come off just after live stopped. Looked like a 6 plus.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 07:58 PM

Doug thst would be great

Ol lake showed herself today, commentary sure did change

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 08:51 PM

Doug thst would be great

Was funny how they couldnt understand how yesterday and today changed so much. Im looking forward to tomorrow.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 08:51 PM

How deep are the trees Steve Kennedy is flipping? I imagine they are in 20 fow or so.

Around 14 feet.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 08:54 PM

Doug thst would be great

Was funny how they couldnt understand how yesterday and today changed so much. Im looking forward to tomorrow.

I tried to tell so many people that yesterday. They all thought it was hype.
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by aneil
We have Barrett doing commentary on here. That’s all we need.

lol
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 09:59 PM

Seems this entire group fishing shallow thinking they are there..aside from the shad spawn early that hasn’t really been the case. Too bad nobody will venture out to the 12-20range although Kennedy finally did for a bit.
7 limits in top 25 pretty weak with just 10#a day avg for the cut. The lake is better than that for 50 boat tourney unless you just beat the shallow bushes all day and the claim it was a tough tournament when you don’t catch shat, but never did anything else. Those 10# or more back and on the low end of the 25 has to do something different after the morning flurry. Currently a one dimensional derby and bushes aren’t the only thing on that lake going on right now. Maybe I’ll spray paint on a big sheet a sign that says “try a different technique today” and put it up at the ramp for them in the morning as a reminder. PSST...try a ned rig.
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by emorydog
Seems this entire group fishing shallow thinking they are there..aside from the shad spawn early that hasn’t really been the case. Too bad nobody will venture out to the 12-20range although Kennedy finally did for a bit.
7 limits in top 25 pretty weak with just 10#a day avg for the cut. The lake is better than that for 50 boat tourney unless you just beat the shallow bushes all day and the claim it was a tough tournament when you don’t catch shat, but never did anything else. Those 10# or more back and on the low end of the 25 has to do something different after the morning flurry. Currently a one dimensional derby and bushes aren’t the only thing on that lake going on right now. Maybe I’ll spray paint on a big sheet a sign that says “try a different technique today” and put it up at the ramp for them in the morning as a reminder. PSST...try a ned rig.

Weber, I haven't watched much of it but I do know there's alot of flooded vegatation and grass in unexplored water in places (for them anyway) If I had the opportunity in today's conditions I would've fished shallow on the east main lake side and if it's not going like I want then I would move out to grass, coontail and hydrilla (yes it's there) little deeper and if nothings happening hit the deep spots. I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to fish one of these but I would love the opportunity.

These guys are there because they committed their lives mostly to bass fishing. I can't say that.

I would say you will see more guys fishing offshore tomorrow than the previous 2 days. Some of the deeper stuff will bring some big ones in tomorrow I bet.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 11:09 PM

Some of pros said there are still fish on beds and pre-spawn. Maybe some of these fish are spawning twice this year or stragglers. I don’t see a lot of the them moving offshore. I’ve never fished the lake so I’m shooting from the hip.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
Not to mention, I’m tired of spying on Barrett. I’m ready to watch someone catch fish...

I don’t want to speak for Barrett, but I’m sure I speak for most of us here: please stop creeping on forum members. grin
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Day 2 - 06/12/21 11:33 PM

#redneck

[Linked Image]

New favorite angler. That guy’s awesome.
Posted By: Joel McBride

Re: Day 2 - 06/13/21 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Some of pros said there are still fish on beds and pre-spawn. Maybe some of these fish are spawning twice this year or stragglers. I don’t see a lot of the them moving offshore. I’ve never fished the lake so I’m shooting from the hip.

I don't doubt fish are still spawning at all. BC last year out 2 biggest were spawning in June. Water level was a little high then also. Not as high as now.

It'll be interesting tomorrow for sure.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: Day 2 - 06/13/21 03:58 AM

Last weekend I got bit on stuff out deeper on specific cover but nearby the stuff they are pounding! Still today looked like a normal summer day, catch a few early then go crappie fishing and catch those until you run out of minnows😁
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum