Texas Fishing Forum

Jig Trailer Hacks

Posted By: 68Sixstringer

Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/11/21 06:06 PM

Anybody have any tips to help my trailers last longer? My favorite brush jig is awesome in every way except the molded in trailer keep is so bulky it tears up the trailer almost immediately - even with BFEs I'm lucky to get a couple of bass out of it before the trailer is sliding down the hook
Posted By: 361V

Re: Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/11/21 10:26 PM

Super glue
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/11/21 11:48 PM

copper wire if you want to tie up a few prior to going.

just enough to compress the trailer. trailer hook with the trailer on it is another option and I think helps hooksets.

jmo

Re: Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/16/21 06:29 PM

Thanks - might try it

Re: Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/16/21 06:30 PM

Thanks - I tried super glue, the keeper just splits the trailer.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/16/21 07:03 PM

Superglue usually works pretty good. I've also had really good success with those Z-man trailers. They're so flexible that they will last almost all day. Although if you're wanting to dip-n-dye then you can't use them because they'll melt.
Posted By: TxSwimbaiter

Re: Jig Trailer Hacks - 06/16/21 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by 68Sixstringer
Anybody have any tips to help my trailers last longer? My favorite brush jig is awesome in every way except the molded in trailer keep is so bulky it tears up the trailer almost immediately - even with BFEs I'm lucky to get a couple of bass out of it before the trailer is sliding down the hook

2 ways to make it last longer: Don't use a trailer that has salt in it. 2) Screw lock
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum