Texas Fishing Forum

What to expect

Posted By: Stratos2011

What to expect - 06/09/21 01:06 AM

If I were to go follow the pros on roberts Saturday what should I expect? Will the ramps be crowded? How many spectators on average on on the water?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:07 AM

4 million people and yourself.

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:14 AM

I’m curious of a real estimate. Anyone here been to one before? If it’s hundreds I’m sure I don’t wanna go.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Stratos2011
If I were to go follow the pros on roberts Saturday what should I expect? Will the ramps be crowded? How many spectators on average on on the water?

I would imagine that the classic in a big metro bass loving city like DFW will have more followers than you could count-Conroe was packed when it was there.

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:25 AM

I’m curious of a real estimate. Anyone here been to one before? If it’s hundreds I’m sure I don’t wanna go.

You should go out and count the boats and give us an accurate account so we know for next time.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:30 AM

Surely their isnt 100s of grown men dying at the chance to watch another grown man fish. Could be wrong.

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

You should go out and count the boats and give us an accurate account so we know for next time.

No thanks. I didn’t expect anyone to know exactly how many will be there obviously. Just looking for a guess, not a sarcastic response.

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 01:41 AM

We plan to pontoon it maybe for a couple hours. Run to some holes and see whos on em. A lot of guys picked bill lowen to winwhich I thought was intereswitng.
Posted By: slim 285

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Barrett
We plan to pontoon it maybe for a couple hours. Run to some holes and see whos on em. A lot of guys picked bill lowen to winwhich I thought was intereswitng.

I guess you are one of the 100’s of men to go watch somebody else fish .

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285

I guess you are one of the 100’s of men to go watch somebody else fish .

Oh yea. Can’t wait lol. Hoping for multiple autographs. It’s an excuse for us to go on a booze cruise that’s all. That is if we even make the effort to go which is doubtful.
Posted By: 361V

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 03:19 AM

Go do gluteus maximus exercises by watching a bunch of guys(who didn’t pay retail for their rigs) flying through areas I idle through. “If you can’t see it it ain’t there”!
Posted By: SC-001

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 03:59 AM

Why would you not just watch bassmaster live?, seriously people stay off the water. The podcast I was listening to today Reynolds was saying some guys were already planning to run timber in hopes to lose some of the floatillas.
Posted By: P_102

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 10:19 AM

With the high water and closed ramps I would bet that: Open ramps will be packed hours before safe light, lots of arguments trying to get launched, people leaving lights on while launching and plenty of dented trailers by days end. Also keep your head on a swivel for the crazy drivers that seem to think they are the only ones on the water that matter.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 11:33 AM

Better get there real early with only a couple of ramps open. Hope the spectator boats don't effect the outcome of the tournament.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by P_102
With the high water and closed ramps I would bet that: Open ramps will be packed hours before safe light, lots of arguments trying to get launched, people leaving lights on while launching and plenty of dented trailers by days end. Also keep your head on a swivel for the crazy drivers that seem to think they are the only ones on the water that matter.

Don't forget, some catalytic converters may go missing too.

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin

No thanks. I didn’t expect anyone to know exactly how many will be there obviously. Just looking for a guess, not a sarcastic response.

It was not meant to be a sarcastic response. If you went out and did a count you would be answering your own question without relying on someone else, and if someone later askes the same question you did, then you would have first hand information to give them. Simple as that.
Posted By: GreaseMonkey

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 12:21 PM

Saw a sign in Pilot Point indicating that only Jordan Park will be available for public launch ramp, all others are closed to only BassMasters and or flooding. Monday all ramps that are able to be open will return to normal usage.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 12:37 PM

if you were fishing a tournament as important as the classic,would you want spectator boats following you?
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: What to expect - 06/09/21 12:45 PM

I went and watched the pros at the Elite 50 event on Lewisville back when I was a teenager and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. But now that I'm older I'd rather leave them alone and watch them on bass live. I can only imagine how a floatilla of 50 boats all with their trolling motors in the water and with the majority of their transducers pinging would affect the fish in an area.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 01:51 AM

Surely their isnt 100s of grown men dying at the chance to watch another grown man fish. Could be wrong.

Give us an update and be sure your graph will hold them waypoints and give us an update next week on how you did.
Posted By: 206champion

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Saw a sign in Pilot Point indicating that only Jordan Park will be available for public launch ramp, all others are closed to only BassMasters and or flooding. Monday all ramps that are able to be open will return to normal usage.

I hope not
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 10:09 AM

Sanger Ramp and Jordan and the Marina Ramp are open ,
Posted By: Allison1

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 12:39 PM

It will be interesting sitting at the island watching the line of boats running up the lake.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 01:03 PM

This, stay off the d@mn water people you get a better view with the streaming coverage
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

This, stay off the d@mn water people you get a better view with the streaming coverage

The temps will be cooler and the humidity will be a whole lot less as well! cheers
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

So if we decide to be on the water, we can stream and see ourselves?
Posted By: Delvec

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 01:57 PM

I'm gonna run a Uber shuttle from Pilot Point to Jordan, $200 sound about right? clap
Posted By: rj74955

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 02:10 PM

To answer the OP’s questions, yes the ramps will be very crowded, and there will be hundreds of spectator boats and every other kind of boating activity going on as well. It’s your free time, do whatever you want. You can watch the live feed and figure out where the people you’re interested in watching are fishing sometimes, if you want to. We are having fried fish and homemade Bloody Mary’s, massive amounts of beer and probably every sandwich you can think of. If you see a red Sunchaser with a Merc and playing “It’s A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock And Roll” , stop by and we’ll throw you a cold one.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 02:14 PM

It'll be the first nice, mostly sunny weekend with low wind in a long, long time. Lake will be packed.
Posted By: Miggz

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 03:47 PM

I would plan on AT LEAST 45 min -hour wait time to launch and load. As said above, with the weekend looking very nice and not overly windy, I'd bet that it will be absolutely packed would be willing to bet you're talking hundred(s) of boats and probably close to 1k people milling around. I would agree that the smarter, safer and more comfortable option would be to stream it from the house.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: What to expect - 06/10/21 04:42 PM

I've seen a lot of boats following the pro's around on Fork. honestly it could have been much worse. I didn't think it was overly crowded. that's all I got...….
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum