Texas Fishing Forum

Tac-40 Rods

Posted By: Ben B

Tac-40 Rods - 06/08/21 07:36 PM

Can any guys weigh-in their opinions on these rods? I realize comparing them to a Loomis or something like that is apples to oranges - but what are the opinions on the value at their $100 price point?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Tac-40 Rods - 06/08/21 07:47 PM

Anything from H20 Xpress are generally awesome products for their price point. I would honestly check out the blue H20 rods (the Ethos HD series.) I think they are $70. I would have no issue having my entire bass rod arsenal contain just these rods. 2 of my main bass rods are H20 Xpress Aduros rods. I don't think they make them anymore though. They were $40 and I absolutely love them. They probably quit making them because they were too good of a deal

But they don't say Dobyns or Loomis on them so the TFF guys aren't gonna speak too highly grin

I haven't had them very long, but for $100, I'd also recommend you check out the Falcon Bucoo rods. So far I love them.
Posted By: Jwallace

Re: Tac-40 Rods - 06/08/21 07:48 PM

Best $100 rod out there! I’ve been using them since last year and have zero complaints. Well balanced and have been very durable.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Tac-40 Rods - 06/08/21 08:13 PM

I hear a lot of people talking about the Dobyns Rods Fury series which is $119.00 at Academy. thumb
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Tac-40 Rods - 06/09/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ben B
Can any guys weigh-in their opinions on these rods? I realize comparing them to a Loomis or something like that is apples to oranges - but what are the opinions on the value at their $100 price point?

I don't have one but the reviews I have seen on the H2O rods have been all good. I have a lot of the H2O crank baits and they are fantastic for the price.
Posted By: Ben B

Re: Tac-40 Rods - 06/09/21 01:14 AM

Thanks guys. Almost every rod I have currently is a Falcon Bucoo or Dobyns...like them all so +1 to all those comments. But for $100 I may just get one of the Tac-40's to check it out. I'm just a simple weekend guy...
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Tac-40 Rods - 06/09/21 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Originally Posted by Ben B

I don't have one but the reviews I have seen on the H2O rods have been all good. I have a lot of the H2O crank baits and they are fantastic for the price.

Gotta change the hooks on them though... The factory hooks SUUUCCCKK. They bend way easy.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum