Texas Fishing Forum

A parking lot PSA

Posted By: Bass Buster1

A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 04:30 PM

If you wack someone's parked trailer even if it is an old one like mine, a simple note with an offer to cover damages is the considerate thing to do. My boat and trailer are old but they are mine, I would not even ask you to cover the ding you put in my fender. Just a simple "My Bad" would work... Learn to pull and back a trailer OR keep one of those pads of sticky notes and a pen in your truck!
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 04:37 PM

AGREED! I would jump kick someone that did this and decided not to provide a note for help to cover the repair.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 04:38 PM

thumb
Posted By: Chris B

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 04:45 PM

I’ve had my current boat for about 14 years. I’d say the trailer has been hit about a dozen times and my vehicle twice. Mostly at ray roberts and never once has there been a note.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 05:14 PM

My trailer fender was bashed hard at monterrey ramp at rayburn. It's bad enough I get asked about it everytime someone sees it. They automatically assume I ran into one of those parking lot poles. Did I receive a note, nope.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 05:30 PM

Sorry that happen to you , it sucks !
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 06:24 PM

Posted By: SC-001

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 07:51 PM

Got tired of this happening, park backwards now
Posted By: redskeet100

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 08:21 PM

Happened to me at Jordan on Ray Roberts. Damaged my fender and I had to buy 2 new tires. Just hope what goes around comes back on whoever did that and just carried on like they never did anything.
Posted By: Jman

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 10:27 PM

I got accused of it and it never happened. I had a wrap with my business on my truck. Guy calls me while I'm on the water and pissed as all hell and threatening me and my truck. I tell the dude he's out of his mind and race back to the boat ramp. I looked at his trailer and all over my truck and had to point out the obvious to him. Talk about almost coming to blows.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 10:40 PM

I’ve never hit, or been hit....but I just wired the money for a brand new trailer today...so I’m probably gonna get hit now.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/07/21 10:42 PM

If someone does leave a note and offer to cover expenses, call them back and offer to go buy him a beer and make friends... I'm cool with people that make honest mistakes and attempt to make it right. It's the folks that don't try to make it right that I have an issue with
Posted By: WAWI

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 12:40 AM

I'm sorry, I hit your trailer and someone is watching so i wrote this note so they would think i was doing the right thing..... have a nice day.
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Got tired of this happening, park backwards now

They will just hit your truck now!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 12:44 AM

Wow, been hit a dozen times?

I've owned two dozen boats over the last 30 years and had two hit while parked at the ramp.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Wow, been hit a dozen times?

I've owned two dozen boats over the last 30 years and had two hit while parked at the ramp.

I'd walk outside and take pictures for you but three of the spots have been hit twice. I fish a lot and those parking spots at Jordan ramp are to tight for some folks apparently.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 12:58 AM

Terrible. Had a guy back into me while I ducked into a local pond for 20 minutes during work. just 20 damn minutes! its like he was waiting for me to get there to hit my truck! No note either....(some) people suck.
Posted By: Bass Buster1

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
If someone does leave a note and offer to cover expenses, call them back and offer to go buy him a beer and make friends... I'm cool with people that make honest mistakes and attempt to make it right. It's the folks that don't try to make it right that I have an issue with

Exactly what I was trying to say! Integrity is cool!
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 02:54 PM

I guess I’m the lucky one. Last year at the FM 276 west ramp on Tawakoni a guy hit my truck, 2008 2500 hd and he left a note. I called him back and told him thank you. He had already called his insurance company and told them. I already had a couple of dings. He tapped me on the bumper. I did not file due to the bumper already had previous damage, hunting trips at the deer lease. What was cool was he had usaa and they called about a day later and I told them no claim would be filed. There are good people out there.
Posted By: Allison1

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 04:54 PM

At a busy shopping center about 4 years ago my wife came back to her car and there was a note on the windshield.
The note said "I'm sorry I hit the side of your car. The wind blew my door open."
Thats it. No contact information. I guess there were other people there and the perp needed to look like they were being a good citizen.

My daughter's car was hit at a Rangers game a couple years ago and fortunately they did leave a note.
Posted By: deucer02

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/08/21 11:48 PM

Shouldn't this be in the catfish section?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: A parking lot PSA - 06/09/21 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by deucer02
Shouldn't this be in the catfish section?

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum