Texas Fishing Forum

Classic Expo?

Posted By: Rockfisherman

Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 04:03 PM

Will any of the MLF guys be working the expo?

Will BASS "allow" them?
Will MLF "allow" them?

I would think sponsors would want them to..........

Who is more powerful? BIG sponsor or Tour?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rockfisherman

Will BASS "allow" them?
Will MLF "allow" them?

BASS didn't stop them last year. KVD, Ike, EE and many more were there. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Current BASS guys and former all interacted and looked to be having fun. I think most have moved on from the initial split drama on the angler level.

If BASS allows them to fish Opens I doubt they stop them from being at the Expo. I recall MLF possibly not wanting their anglers there last year but I imagine paying sponsors want their folks there no matter who it bothers.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Will BASS "allow" them?
Will MLF "allow" them?

BASS didn't stop them last year. KVD, Ike, EE and many more were there. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Current BASS guys and former all interacted and looked to be having fun. I think most have moved on from the initial split drama on the angler level.

If BASS allows them to fish Opens I doubt they stop them from being at the Expo. I recall MLF possibly not wanting their anglers there last year but I imagine paying sponsors want their folks there no matter who it bothers.

Aside from a handful of Drama LLama's on the internet I don't think there is any animosity between any of the anglers nor the sponsors. cheers

These guys are all in the fishing business and business is good! thumb
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigDozer66

Will BASS "allow" them?
Will MLF "allow" them?

Aside from a handful of Drama LLama's on the internet I don't think there is any animosity between any of the anglers nor the sponsors. cheers

Love this...well said

Drama Llamas roflmao

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser

Will BASS "allow" them?
Will MLF "allow" them?

Love this...well said

Drama Llamas roflmao

Hold tight, there will be a couple that show up on this one shortly. They usually post right after one another so probably actually the same person.... roflmao
Posted By: 9094

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 05:36 PM

What time does the expo open friday?
Is it open thursday too?
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 05:38 PM

And is the beer free on Friday?

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/07/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 9094
What time does the expo open friday?
Is it open thursday too?

Friday, June 11
Life/Nation/Media Preview 11 A.M. – Noon
General Attendance Noon – 7 P.M.

Saturday, June 12 - 10 A.M. – 6 P.M.

Sunday, June 13 - 10 A.M. – 4 P.M.
Posted By: Jiff7210

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 04:47 AM

I’ve always wanted to go. Is it worth it? 2.5 hr drive for me.
Posted By: machoblanco61

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 07:29 AM

90% of the people who walk through the door of the expo haven’t got a clue who fishes what. Overall it doesn’t matter. Every pro angler with a sublimated jerseys is asked the same question over and over, “how did you do today?”
The point is the expo has one very simple objective, to put butts through the turnstiles and it works.
Today the Classic for virtually all that attend, is a huge fishing flea market that a tournament broke out at.
Posted By: Ryan!

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 11:44 AM

Does anyone know if the vendor list changes throughout the 3 days or if it stays the same? Also does anyone know if the megabass booth will be there? I didn’t see them on the vendor list
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jiff7210

I think it's worth it. But I prefer to be OTW and watch them fish. I've been to several Classics and never made the Expos, just stayed on the water and had a great experience.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 12:00 PM

Jordan Park and Sanger Access are the only 2 ramps open ,Don't know about the Marina Ramp .
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 01:19 PM

Marina is open as of now...not sure if they plan on locking it down at this time.

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan!
Does anyone know if the vendor list changes throughout the 3 days or if it stays the same? Also does anyone know if the megabass booth will be there? I didn’t see them on the vendor list

We will not have a Megabass dedicated booth this year at the Classic. Instead we will be helping out Megabass retailers in their booths. We have some show specials going on as well as special Classic release only merchandise.
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jiff7210

Absolutely.
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 08:01 PM

I’m driving 6 hours. I drove 9 when it was in Houston. Absolutely worth it if you follow professional bass fishing.
Posted By: rickys

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 08:29 PM

Has anyone seen the price to get into the expo? I looked on the website, but couldn't find it. I'm sure I'm blind and just not seeing it. Thanks!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 08:29 PM

Free to attend
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by rickys
Has anyone seen the price to get into the expo? I looked on the website, but couldn't find it. I'm sure I'm blind and just not seeing it. Thanks!

Free
Posted By: rickys

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 08:32 PM

thumb
Posted By: popcork

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 08:44 PM

$20 to park but free to enter
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/08/21 10:21 PM

Do any of you guys that get on the water fish at all? I think I would have to fish a little bit if I was out there that long. Of course I wouldn’t get near any of the competitors.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/09/21 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
Do any of you guys that get on the water fish at all? I think I would have to fish a little bit if I was out there that long. Of course I wouldn’t get near any of the competitors.

I say let em do their thing. Fishing isnt how I pay my bills. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/09/21 12:25 AM

I attended the expo in Knoxville a couple years ago, enjoyed it, i bet this one will be better, sure wish i could attend, instead I will be in Luchenbach at a country music concert for two days, ugh, cannot believe i let this happen.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/09/21 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by popcork

hammer
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/09/21 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Barrett

I say let em do their thing. Fishing isnt how I pay my bills. Just my 2 cents.

You’re reading comprehension has never been your strong point Barrett. I would let them do their thing. hmmm
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/09/21 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by popcork

hammer

at least it is free to enter, I stopped going to the gun shows there years ago because the city charged for parking on top of the gun show entry fee....
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/09/21 11:38 AM

If your fishing a spot that is in the leaders rotation than you will be effecting the tournament. I'll just wait until next week to get back after them. If it's just killing you go catch some sandbass.

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/12/21 05:10 AM

Will BASS "allow" them?
Will MLF "allow" them?

There are a lot of BPT pros at the Classic Expo this weekend including KVD.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/12/21 06:18 AM

I had an absolute blast at the expo today. KVD, Bill Dance,Hack, Christie, Menendez, Livesay, Pace, Hank Parker, Clay Dyer, Brandon Dickinson and so many more Pro’s/Legends on hand it’s unreal. All were happy to talk a little fishing and snap a pic. Couldn’t tell you what kind of deals they had because I was flat awe struck from the moment i walked through the doors.

Best recommendation I can give is wear comfortable shoes cause your gonna walk miles if doing expo and weigh in.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Classic Expo? - 06/12/21 03:31 PM

I was there yesterday. It was very cool. I would second the notion of wearing comfortable shoes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum