Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Lake?

Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Grapevine Lake? - 06/02/21 01:08 PM

Curious if you can even get on the lake at this level? Son has a tournament out there in a few weeks. Not a lake I fish often so not familiar with the ramp situation. Shows to have a few ramps open, but not sure how often they update the ramp closures on the website. Would rather not make the 2hr drive up there for nothing.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Grapevine Lake? - 06/02/21 01:13 PM

I do know that high water Murrell ramp and Katie's Woods high water ramp is open. Normally, at these levels, Silver Lake ramp is open but they usually charge $20 in the past. There's a good possibility that Meadowmere is open, too, but that's prolly it.

GL.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Grapevine Lake? - 06/02/21 01:47 PM

Farris Branch is currently open. I would launch there. No fee. DO NOT launch at Dove Loop Ramp. I don't care if someone has already moved the barrier, don't ask me how I know. rolleyes
Posted By: prosise

Re: Grapevine Lake? - 06/02/21 02:07 PM

Farris is open. Water on lower end looks good, fish "shallow".
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Grapevine Lake? - 06/02/21 02:17 PM

The high water ramp at Murrell is open and I think Scotts Landing is too. Fished there yesterday everything is flooded but the bass dont seem to be in the flooded stuff yet. Had 2 bites caught one fish but the wind was out of the north which is never a good thing.
Posted By: Jonny206

Re: Grapevine Lake? - 06/03/21 01:12 AM

On the south side, Katie’s woods & Farris branch are the only ramps open

https://gograpevine.com/grapevine-activities/boatramps/

I fished all day Monday while the water was starting to drop and the fish were on the outside edges of brush that was completely under the water on secondary points, had a great buzz bait bite going during the rain. Couldn’t find anything in the backs of coves, everything was on the first third of the cove
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum