Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Worth fishing report

Posted By: Jake Blood

Lake Worth fishing report - 05/31/21 05:53 PM

Hit Worth today around 7am... It was overcast and calm... The mission was to learn how to flip and pitch them reeds... I almost never do it and I suck at it, so today I only pulled one rod out of the locker. Time to learn.

The first hour or so not even a bite... nothing.. I did however set the hook on about ten reeds... Then it started to sprinkle which was ok with me as I like being out in the rain.

Fished a bit more and ended up catching one... then another, and then another.. missed probably 3 or 4, and then got this good one. The battery for my scale was dead so I have no clue how much it weighed.. I am holding it close to my body though, so it is every bit as big as it looks. Anyway, by the time I released that one and started fishing it was raining real hard and the bilge would not shut off, but.. I kept fishing. Got a few more bites but did not land anything. I learned quite a bit about my gear, my lone and my technique so that is worth it in itself. I left when I saw a little streak of lightening.

There was a pattern with different vegetations.. anytime there was a good clump of that green leafy stuff there was usually a fish on it. I got most of the bites on those and a few on the reed points. The big girl was sitting underneath the leafy stuff shown below..

All fished released to catch another day. Here are a few pics.

BY the way, I saw this on my graph at one spot on the lake before I got to the area I was fishing.. Any guesses on what it is? I thought the white line of separation was odd...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ratherBfishin

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 05/31/21 11:34 PM

Good report! Thank you. Interesting pic on your graph.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 02:50 PM

Could that be an old foundation?

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 06:16 PM

I dont know man. I am not good at interpreting the graph... but it was odd to me for sure...
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 06:59 PM

Highly unlikely. That lake has so much depth loss due to silt over the span. If I am not mistaken, there where depths of 30+' at mid lake, if not more. Now the max depths for the lake is 22'.
Posted By: JC1965

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 07:05 PM

Thank you for the report, I have not been on that lake yet, good to know what's out there...as far as what you saw on the graph, did you make any casts to it? was it hard or soft?
Posted By: C_Fisher

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 08:21 PM

it's lake worth. could be a body wrapped up in carpet...lol!

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jons3825
Highly unlikely. That lake has so much depth loss due to silt over the span. If I am not mistaken, there where depths of 30+' at mid lake, if not more. Now the max depths for the lake is 22'.

Jon, what creates that silt? Its disgusting to step in I can tell you that lol..

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by JC1965
Thank you for the report, I have not been on that lake yet, good to know what's out there...as far as what you saw on the graph, did you make any casts to it? was it hard or soft?

I did not fish it.. There iss o much stuff that comes across the graph I don't bother most of the time... and it was out in the open... That lake has come big fish... just have to fish a certain way to find them consistently or get lucky. My PB comes from there...

But I fish there more than I do anywhere else so thats not saying much.

This year I am going to fish more lakes, fish with more people and learn more tactics... time to get serious... going pro in 2059...
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jake Blood
Originally Posted by Jons3825

Jon, what creates that silt? Its disgusting to step in I can tell you that lol..

It all comes from up stream. Look at all the land dev that has occurred up stream. It has to settle somewhere and over 100 years it adds up. Lake was complete and opened in 1914 following the fires of Ft Worth in 1909. Cool history with the little lake.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Lake Worth fishing report - 06/01/21 10:20 PM

Good one, Jake. Looks like you got a little wet. No fishing at Worth for a while. This morning they closed the lake to everyone.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum