Texas Fishing Forum

No TW Memorial Day sale?

Posted By: SoCal Tom

No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 06:19 AM

I know inventory on many items is low and shipping is slow, but this is the first time that they have not a holiday sale ever that I remember.
Posted By: mudd

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 08:35 AM

They can’t get regular orders out muchless to have a massive amount after a sale. Plenty of other places that have sales going on also
Posted By: Steve PIII

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 12:24 PM

They didn't have the Memorial Day sale last year either.
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by mudd
They can’t get regular orders out muchless to have a massive amount after a sale. Plenty of other places that have sales going on also

Not impressed with their shipping. Placed order last Tuesday, received tracking Wednesday for an address in Ohio, which was delivered in April of 2020. Had to call them to correct. Never received new tracking, now not sure where my package is. Will be calling tomorrow to have them remove shipping chargers from order.
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 01:07 PM

What is TW????
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

I've noticed myself spending more at tackle direct these days. fast shipping. and an assortment of offshore AND freshwater stuff. a lot of times they have special colors in zoom that I dont see other places.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Originally Posted by DLALLDER
What is TW????

Tackle Warehouse
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 01:23 PM

They (TW) do have a great selection, but they are the last ones to get my orders now. Land Big Fish, Tackle Supply Depot & The Hook Up Tackle are my first checks for inventory. All 3 are having a sale currently, but are all lacking in inventory on many products.

One would think TW would be trying to expedite their move to Georgia.
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 01:43 PM

I had a weeks vacation planned and ordered some tackle from TW 3 weeks before I left, it finally got here the day after I got back from vacation. I’m done with them.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 02:13 PM

Miss it as it’s the only holiday they would combine the sale discount plus my 10% vets discount.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by forkduc
Miss it as it’s the only holiday they would combine the sale discount plus my 10% vets discount.

did not know that! that does suck that they arent holding it knowing that! I bet a lot of the servicemen would load up on that sale for that stacked discount price.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 02:48 PM

I made a order with them last week did the 2 day shipping and had it 2 days later.
Posted By: 1bassdaddy

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 02:49 PM

I'm sure Tackle Warehouse's competition couldn't be happier...many/most of them have figured out the challenges much better than TW has over the last year.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 02:49 PM

Academy has a military and first responder discount going till July 5th on all items. I think its 15%. I saw the signs my last 2 times therr.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 03:19 PM

Academy is good if your perch fishing.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1bassdaddy
I'm sure Tackle Warehouse's competition couldn't be happier...many/most of them have figured out the challenges much better than TW has over the last year.

this, they've struggled this last year to say the least.
Posted By: Barn

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 03:34 PM

They don’t need to have sale when there sales volumes are up and supplies are lower. Land Big Fish seems to have a sale every month yet they don’t have much in stock for baits.
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
They (TW) do have a great selection, but they are the last ones to get my orders now. Land Big Fish, Tackle Supply Depot & The Hook Up Tackle are my first checks for inventory. All 3 are having a sale currently, but are all lacking in inventory on many products.

Where did you see a Land Big Fish sale?
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 06:57 PM

I've looked at the Land Big Fish site and they just don't have the selection in some things I like. I've ordered from there before, but it's not my first choice
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by texasfisherman1

I guess FB or one of their emails that I get. The code is REMEMBER21, hopefully they have something you need.
Posted By: texasfisherman1

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 08:07 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it
Posted By: forkduc

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 08:09 PM

I’ve been using Sportsman’s Outfitters, but their stocks are limited

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 05/31/21 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by texasfisherman1

not exaggerating LBF has a sale pretty much every weekend. Fish21 is the code ive used a couple times.
Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
I've looked at the Land Big Fish site and they just don't have the selection in some things I like. I've ordered from there before, but it's not my first choice

yup. couldnt place a big enough order worth placing at LBF this weekend. Considering a bb1...but as far as tackle they dont got what I want in stock. If LBF had anywhere near the inventory of TW, then TW would be in trouble....but for whatever reason, no one really touches TW in their availability and inventory in general.
Posted By: RPD

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/01/21 06:18 PM

I won't be using Tackle Warehouse anymore, just placed an order on May 28th, all items are in stock, yet my order won't be processed until June 17th, not sure the issues they are having but this was my last order through Tackle Warehouse.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/01/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by lamoon78
I made a order with them last week did the 2 day shipping and had it 2 days later.

same for me.
Posted By: SwimbaitRanger

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/01/21 10:53 PM

What I really want is some Sexy Green Shad 6 XDs. Tackle Warehouse hasn’t had them since last year and LBF just refunded a back order of 3 that have been back ordered for 3 months. Talked to a shopkeeper at a tackle store on Cedar Creek Saturday and they said it has been a nightmare getting orders from Strike King. They’re going to ship to big box stores first (Bass Pro, Academy) but the problem is, they don’t carry the sneaky colors. Sexy Shad and Chartreuse Black Back is about all you’ll find
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/02/21 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by sprigsss
Originally Posted by lamoon78

same for me.

Add another to the list. 2 day shipping went up to $11, but it's still worth it. Their issues with staffing during Covid and the lack of supply on a lot of items has been thoroughly discussed. I'm sure they'll be back to form as we start getting back into the swing of things.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/02/21 01:33 AM

I would prefer to buy from small shops but most of the time they just don't have the inventory. crying

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/02/21 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by SwimbaitRanger
What I really want is some Sexy Green Shad 6 XDs. Tackle Warehouse hasn’t had them since last year and LBF just refunded a back order of 3 that have been back ordered for 3 months. Talked to a shopkeeper at a tackle store on Cedar Creek Saturday and they said it has been a nightmare getting orders from Strike King. They’re going to ship to big box stores first (Bass Pro, Academy) but the problem is, they don’t carry the sneaky colors. Sexy Shad and Chartreuse Black Back is about all you’ll find

I have no idea if he can help you....but itd be where I would go if I was you. Look up McKee Outdoors on FB if you got it and message them what you are looking for. The owner/guy that runs it, Matthew Logan is on top of things and has always been a good person to buy from. Its also a local mom and pop if that matters...a very good one too. If anyone could help, I'd bet it would be someone like him. He's not Bass Pro or Cabelas....but he sure does get good stock and has had the hot items in stock when available.

https://www.facebook.com/MckeeOutdoors
Matthew Logan is the guy that I've dealt with there...he'll probably be the one to answer any fb messages if you reach out that way. Good luck

Originally Posted by BigDozer66
I would prefer to buy from small shops but most of the time they just don't have the inventory. crying

if youre on facebook, id look up that McKee outdoors too. Guy gets very good stock....like surprisingly good. when the OG slims dropped he had some, just had some fire craw jackhammers during peak season and ive also seen him post flat worms. Its a real sleeper shop that has really good stuff! $5 shipping too....not sure if he'll do that for rods, but im sure itll be a reasonable price either way since he does $5 flat shipping for pretty much any order already.
Posted By: SwimbaitRanger

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/02/21 02:49 AM

Thanks bockscar, I’ll look into that. I’m getting pretty desperate for those exact cranks. Can’t even find any scalpers on eBay with them. It’s not even a discontinued or distributor special color.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/02/21 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by bockscar

I have no idea if he can help you....but itd be where I would go if I was you. Look up McKee Outdoors on FB if you got it and message them what you are looking for. The owner/guy that runs it, Matthew Logan is on top of things and has always been a good person to buy from. Its also a local mom and pop if that matters...a very good one too. If anyone could help, I'd bet it would be someone like him. He's not Bass Pro or Cabelas....but he sure does get good stock and has had the hot items in stock when available.

Matthew Logan is the guy that I've dealt with there...he'll probably be the one to answer any fb messages if you reach out that way. Good luck

if youre on facebook, id look up that McKee outdoors too. Guy gets very good stock....like surprisingly good. when the OG slims dropped he had some, just had some fire craw jackhammers during peak season and ive also seen him post flat worms. Its a real sleeper shop that has really good stuff! $5 shipping too....not sure if he'll do that for rods, but im sure itll be a reasonable price either way since he does $5 flat shipping for pretty much any order already.

cheers

Re: No TW Memorial Day sale? - 06/02/21 03:48 AM

Thanks bockscar, I’ll look into that. I’m getting pretty desperate for those exact cranks. Can’t even find any scalpers on eBay with them. It’s not even a discontinued or distributor special color.

you'll definitely be paying way more for them....but if all else fails SK has the 6xd in their nude series. You can buy the blanks and have a custom painter paint some for you. Tough to pay almost megabass prices for strike king...especially on a 6xd since you dont always get those back when they get hung since theyre deeper runners, but it is an option maybe for tourney day or something like that

Originally Posted by bockscar

cheers

very good spot and i dont think you will be disappointed
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum