Texas Fishing Forum

Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat

Posted By: Ibock

Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/30/21 11:50 PM

Does anyone own one?

Has anyone fished in one?

Has anyone fishes with one with a little motor on the back? How fast is it?

Battery life on the trolling motors?

Thoughts?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/30/21 11:55 PM

Never heard of it. Is it like a kayak?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/31/21 01:14 AM

confused 3
Posted By: 361V

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/31/21 01:30 AM

https://www.freedomelectricmarine.c...2rsHQU7P_uxF6_Wd8NY2VHRlKpAaAndcEALw_wcB
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/31/21 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ibock
Does anyone own one?

Has anyone fished in one?

Has anyone fishes with one with a little motor on the back? How fast is it?

Battery life on the trolling motors?

Thoughts?

Yes I owned one, I had a home on Rayburn, I would pull it down to the lake with my lawn tractor launch it and fish around my cove. I did not have an outboard but would get one. It has two 36# thrust motors built in, fast not really, but fine for fishing. Battery life ... fishing all day would drain the one 12 volt battery I had, so you need to charge it regularly. I thought it was an awesome boat to fish out of, you could do donuts in the boat, frees you up to just fish. I would pick my days to fish, because on Rayburn some days the boat traffic is pretty rough in our cove off Veach Basin. But that could be 6 days a week to fish, usually. I would recommend it for sure.
Posted By: K.D.

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/31/21 04:37 AM

I had one and loved it. Very versatile and is as maneuverable as they show on all the YouTube videos. My only complaint and suggestion would be related to the trailer. You can’t drive it on the trailer with the trolling motors and have to get wet to load it. I bought a small flatbed trailer and carpeted the deck. I would back down to the waters edge where the trailer end was just at the water. With a rope tied to the x-10 I would walk and push it off the trailer, then step to the side and pull it to shore. Loading was just as simple, shove it off from the bank with rope in hand and step onto the trailer. Pull it onboard and walk to the front of the trailer and step off. The wheels never get wet and you don’t have to mess with the bearings this way.

Fish ability was great and I liked being able to fish directly in front of me. I have no experience with an outboard on one. I don’t recall ever leaving the water over short battery life. I usually tired of sitting before the battery gave out
Posted By: Buddy E

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 05/31/21 06:09 PM

Did some pond fishing in one yesterday, performed well. With 2 folks it is definitely crowded and need to be extra careful with casting for sure. There was a small Honda outboard on it, interesting concept, but not good with grass or weeds close by for the outboard. But never had any issues with the trolling once I figured out the peddles. Great pond or cove boat for sure!
Posted By: Ibock

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 06/01/21 01:04 AM

They look really nice just seem really expensive.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 06/01/21 04:41 PM

You could nearly buy a small tracker for that price.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 06/01/21 04:50 PM

My dad's friend recently purchased one of these. After watching the video online, I was skeptical that both my dad and his friend would fit in it. (my dad is 6'5" 300 lbs and his friend is close to the same) But he sent me pictures of them both fishing and catching out of it this spring.
Posted By: tjs011

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 06/01/21 06:22 PM

I recently came across a used one with a trailer for sale. The hull and trailer were in decent shape.. just ordered a brand new replacement motor for one side. The foot pedals and wiring harnesses worked. It’s been a fun project, should be ready to get it in the water in a week or two. It will be perfect for some of the smaller lakes around the Woodlands area that are electric only. I think it will work well for my son and I.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Twin Troller X10 Fishing Boat - 06/01/21 06:46 PM

For a lot cheaper I'd get a Pelican Bass Raider with a 55# thrust.

Have had this one since 2011 and it's been one HELL of a little boat. Perfect pond buster, and I've even used it on big lakes before. Very well built and stable. Never have put an outboard on it but my friend has a 2.5 Johnson on his. 5-7mph is about what he says with a lighter load.

I use mine for duck hunting as well.. You'll see it's strapped on the bow of the big boat. I taxi it out to where I wanna hunt in the marsh on the big boat... Go drop all the gear off at said loaction where I'm hunting, go park big boat a mile or two away, throw the dinky in the water and troll back to where I'm hunting. I rattle canned it camo and also have a blind I built on it to hunt out of if I want to. If I find a pic of that I'll post up

Attached picture Bass Raider 1.jpg
Attached picture Boat with Raider.jpg
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum