Texas Fishing Forum

Skeeter boat cover

Posted By: BassStalker

Skeeter boat cover - 05/29/21 02:19 PM

Anyone know where to get a boat cover that works with the Ultrex? My ZX185 cover doesn't work well now that I've installed the Ultrex.
Posted By: ShuttleSlide Mounts

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/29/21 05:29 PM

If you can't find a good boat cover, think about a retractable mount for your Ultrex. We have many customers who buy our mount because their boat covers no longer fit well and they are damaging the motor or just ripping the cover. With the Ultrex you would need a TMA-1 adapter plate and most likely, a SS-7-HD mount. Let us know if we can help. www.shuttleslide.com/shop

* We also sell an adapter plate (DPA-1) where you can reuse the existing hole pattern in your deck, so you don't have to drill new holes in your deck. You drill your pattern into the DPA plate and only attach that to your deck. We are having a sale until Memorial Day (info on our Facebook page).
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/29/21 09:20 PM

Same boat (sort of), same cover made for a regular trolling motor. I turn my troller so the prop is out and head points in, the cover barely fits, but does. My cover was made for the original Maxxum.
Posted By: FewJr

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/30/21 04:19 AM

Fun and sun.
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/30/21 10:55 AM

Skeeter boat covers suck [censored]! Yep, I said it. Never had one that stays strapped and secured on the new models while trailering.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/30/21 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Brown
Skeeter boat covers suck [censored]! Yep, I said it. Never had one that stays strapped and secured on the new models while trailering.

Maybe mines not new enough (2015) to suck but I've hauled 10 hours one way and it was perfect
Posted By: Atta

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/30/21 01:38 PM

Just find a canvas company and have them adjust your cover. DO NOT throw it away! I made the mistake of throwing mine in the trash a while back cause it didn’t fit after adding electronics and now I’m out 1k and waiting 16-18 weeks for something that could have been adjusted for a couple hundred.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/30/21 05:38 PM

Mine is a 2017 and my cover is still in good shape and trailers well. Canvas company charged me $300 for the ultrex alteration. I dropped it off in the morning, picked it up that afternoon.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/30/21 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Mine is a 2017 and my cover is still in good shape and trailers well. Canvas company charged me $300 for the ultrex alteration. I dropped it off in the morning, picked it up that afternoon.

18 yrs old. Still works like new.
Posted By: Fisher421

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/31/21 03:30 AM

Aurora Canvas makes good covers and probably has the exact specs for your boat with the Ultrex. I’ve bought from them twice and have been very pleased.
Posted By: Atta

Re: Skeeter boat cover - 05/31/21 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher421
Aurora Canvas makes good covers and probably has the exact specs for your boat with the Ultrex. I’ve bought from them twice and have been very pleased.

They actually have a form to fill out the measurements of your dash, graphs, & accessories. You include the trolling motor brand, type, & shaft length.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum