Texas Fishing Forum

Choke canyon 27 may

Posted By: William pitts

Choke canyon 27 may - 05/27/21 08:36 PM

Fished choke today and it was windy out there. 45 boats at south shore when I pulled off. Only my 3rd time on the lake so not sure the name of the areas o fished. Caught 11 fish, biggest was 2lbs. Swim jig, frog, spinnerbait, crankbait, Texas rig and wacky rig....no pattern just cover water, caught them in the new grass that is now in thereafter bc of the rising water.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/27/21 08:39 PM

45 boats on a Thursday, that means there will be 250 on Saturday & Sunday. I’m sure glad that Coleto Creek finally filled up, less boat traffic here. Good bye Choke and hello Coleto.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
45 boats on a Thursday, that means there will be 250 on Saturday & Sunday. I’m sure glad that Coleto Creek finally filled up, less boat traffic here. Good bye Choke and hello Coleto.

i think u have won the award for the local to protect his local lake award
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 12:49 PM

The boat and prop repair shops love Choke Canyon! eeks

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp

roflmao Not anymore,I tried but I give up, I’m giving my parking spot to someone else. cheers
Posted By: Wiki

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 02:39 PM

Well i am dragging the Yak so just count me as part of the 250
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 02:44 PM

I would rather go with all the other boats when the fishing is good then by my self when the fishing is terrible. Been there done that.
Posted By: William pitts

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 04:07 PM

It was not bad early I got there at 6 and there was only 3 boats, when I pulled off at 2pm is when I counted all the trailers. Everyone was very courteous and gave space compared to the other 2 times when I fished it on the weekends. I’m still learning that lake but think I will try canyon lake next time.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp

roflmao Not anymore,I tried but I give up, I’m giving my parking spot to someone else. cheers

roflmao

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/28/21 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie

roflmao

Go on a weekend and you’ll see exactly what I mean, you won’t do it again. You retired guys definitely have an advantage now a days.

I wish I had access to McQueeny, I’d just go there instead of driving all the way to Coleto. Mathis came up a bit too, but that’s getting to be too far for a day trip.

Amistads too low and Ivie is just as packed as Choke. Sure wish I could figure out where all these people came from.

Saw this on FB and thought it was hilarious.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Choke canyon 27 may - 05/29/21 12:36 AM

The crowds at the damn and 4 fingers are laughable these days. I went to a different lake today and glad I did. Choke is way over rated these days!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum