Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon Camp Rental?

Posted By: StumpJumper1

Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 11:18 AM

A buddy of mine and I are taking three boys to falcon in early June. We used to rent a camp by the county ramp but I don't think he does it anymore. Doe anyone know of a camp or cabin we can rent? We could always just do a hotel, but it would be more fun to have a camp to stay at.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 12:37 PM

Falcon lake state park on the south end of the lake would be my choice. I would recommend getting a shelter with a/c. You are going to want to fish the south end of the lake and the run from the county ramp can be rough when the wind gets up.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 02:39 PM

Long time my friend... Stay with Carlos Oliveres (956-353-9629) at Falcon Heights. He has a camp type environment with a Grade A outdoor kitchen and entertainment area. It's located 30 secs from state park which is where you want to be anyways. Top half of the lake is dry and a complete waste of time.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jersey Dan
Long time my friend... Stay with Carlos Oliveres (956-353-9629) at Falcon Heights. He has a camp type environment with a Grade A outdoor kitchen and entertainment area. It's located 30 secs from state park which is where you want to be anyways. Top half of the lake is dry and a complete waste of time.

^^ what Dan said. Hit up HEB and load a cooler with meats to cook while you're there.
Posted By: Alan

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 04:47 PM

I have stayed at Falcon Heights a couple times and it has a great atmosphere. It is about time to go again. The outdoor kitchen is really nice. It is my top choice.

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 08:53 PM

Is it a house Dan? What kind of layout is it?
Posted By: Okfish96

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 09:06 PM

We rented Alton Jones place down there and it was really nice and had a big fence all the way around seemed like a good neighborhood

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by StumpJumper1

A bunch of quiet hotel rooms that are wrapped around the outdoor area. You may have the entire place to yourself during that time.

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/27/21 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by StumpJumper1

A bunch of quiet hotel rooms that are wrapped around the outdoor area. You may have the entire place to yourself during that time.

Thanks bud
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 01:04 AM

I’ve stayed at Alton’s place through air bnb or the other one, very secure location ( fenced and gated for the entire property) and nice accommodations. About 5 minutes from county ramp.
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 01:52 AM

When ya comin, Stump?

If you’re dead set on your own private fish camp type accommodations I’d say go with Raul Perez Bassmans Lodge in Zapata. Otherwise I agree with Carlos’s place in Falcon Heights.

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jerry Brown
I’ve stayed at Alton’s place through air bnb or the other one, very secure location ( fenced and gated for the entire property) and nice accommodations. About 5 minutes from county ramp.

Do you have a link?

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tommar
When ya comin, Stump?

If you’re dead set on your own private fish camp type accommodations I’d say go with Raul Perez Bassmans Lodge in Zapata. Otherwise I agree with Carlos’s place in Falcon Heights.

Second weekend in June. I'll look up raul's place.

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 02:32 AM

Bassman’s Lodging. https://www.vrbo.com/822200

Falcon Heights Motel https://falconheightsmotel.com/welcome.html
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 02:57 AM

Can you actually launch from the State park now with the water so low? If so does it require a 4 wheel drive?

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 03:39 AM

Not from the concrete ramp.

From the bank can be done with two wheel drive at some spots but it’s risky. Easier to launch than recover.

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites

Can you actually launch from the State park now with the water so low? If so does it require a 4 wheel drive?

You have to launch off the bank. Ramp down there hasn't been usable for a while now. You may be able to get away without 4 wheel drive but if it rains you are f'd.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 01:06 PM

I’ve only been once and we stayed at Falcon Heights Motel. It was all I needed. Rooms were clean, had a mini-fridge/freezer, and satellite TV. The outdoor community area had plates and utensils as well as oven, stove and charcoal grill, plus a nice big TV with satellite. It was safe and the people who run it are very nice and helpful. For $60 a night, it was perfect.
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Falcon Camp Rental? - 05/28/21 01:30 PM

So best place for two wheel drive to launch is still the county ramp sounds like?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum