Texas Fishing Forum

Classic Marshal Update

Posted By: Champion1

Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:01 PM

Im going to be a Marshal in the Classic. I will attempt to give you guys updates on my experience. I just finished signing all the waivers etc. Basically if i get hurt or die its not their fault! LOL! Im guaranteed to get to ride with someone for 3 days. Wednesday the last practice day, Friday and Saturday. Theres a Marshal meeting on Thursday where they tell us what we can and cannot do. I'll do my best to share my experience. Let me know if you have questions i could ask the Pros.
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:10 PM

That's pretty cool man. Have fun, and keep us posted. If you see a pontoon fool of idiots trying to get to close to your angler, it's not us....
Posted By: karaider00

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:18 PM

I got in too. Should be a great experience.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:45 PM

Keep an eye out for the "prototype baits" that will be used.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:48 PM

I so wanted to do this but the youngest is graduating from college that weekend. Please take pictures and detailed notes to share. Maybe next time they're in town I get this privilege.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:50 PM

Feel free to send me any new way points. thumb

flag
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:50 PM

Good Questions
1. Line size and type - what, when and where..............With the pressure we are getting on these lake now, this has to be a measurable factor. On TV, I am hearing a lot of
braid whistling through the guides.........leaders or no leaders?

2. Spinning rods - seeing a lot of guys using spinning rods for even traditional "power fishing" techniques............what goes into that decision.....line size, lure size, etc.

Thanks for asking and have a BLAST

Tommy
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 05:59 PM

thumb... Dan
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by BCBassCat
That's pretty cool man. Have fun, and keep us posted. If you see a pontoon fool of idiots trying to get to close to your angler, it's not us....

I’m thinking we can get some camera time if we play it right.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 09:01 PM

Could any BASS member sign up for marshall or was this an invitation only type deal like how they do TTBC/Texasfest whatever they call it?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/25/21 10:57 PM

Questions for the Anglers.

Day 1 Angler: Beans or no beans in chilli ?

Day 2 Angler: How should the toilet paper be installed. Over or Under ?

Day 3 Angler: Blonde or Brunette ?
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/26/21 01:51 AM

cheers
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/26/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by BThomas
Questions for the Anglers.

Day 1 Angler: Beans or no beans in chilli ?

Day 2 Angler: How should the toilet paper be installed. Over or Under ?

Day 3 Angler: Blonde or Brunette ?

Lettuce on tacos?
Posted By: Hook'Em 79

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/26/21 10:56 AM

Congrats, I wanted to do this as well but when they pushed back the dates from March they moved it to my wife’s birthday weekend and I’m taking her to Key West.

Needless to say I was a little bummed when I saw the news.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/26/21 02:06 PM

Any BASS member can sign up. It cost $500 for the Classic. So i figured Im paying $166 a day to watch some of the best in the world, seemed worth it to me!
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/26/21 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Champion1
Any BASS member can sign up. It cost $500 for the Classic. So i figured Im paying $166 a day to watch some of the best in the world, seemed worth it to me!

thumb wish I would have signed up, I have marshalled some other Texas Elite events, smaller Classic field size and fewer days though I feel probably wouldn't have been chosen to marshall.
Posted By: Fishn_man

Re: Classic Marshal Update - 05/26/21 02:21 PM

I did this Marshal gig for the Classic in New Orleans several years back. It was an absolute blast and all the pro's are very friendly for the most part. Some are a little full of themselves, ie. Dean... You will definitely get to be in the boat for three day's, but don't set your expectations too high as a word of caution because there are plenty of "no names" out there. So just take what you get and enjoy the ride.

I had Kevin Vandam on Saturday but was quickly disappointed to learn that I got kicked out of his boat and a camera guy got in. I was put in the camera boat drivers boat and had to trail along. I was 1/4 mile away from Vandam all day long. How is one to Marshall like that, but that's the way it worked. So.... I tell you this so you know you just got to roll with it whatever happens.

Enjoy the experience, it was really a lot of fun, but at the time I got to do it for FREE and didn't have to pay $500.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum