Texas Fishing Forum

OH Ivie Fishing

Posted By: Sabre-'22

OH Ivie Fishing - 05/24/21 07:44 PM

Well I haven't been to this lake since it just barely opened. But I will be going in the next couple of weeks and would like to get some ideas where and how to fish for my son and myself. Not looking to get information on the new lake record, just some help on finding fish and patterns. Thank you for any help and I will post updates after our trip.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/24/21 08:10 PM

Pm me and I’ll help you put that kid on some fish.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/24/21 08:15 PM

it gets a little spicy out there when the wind kicks up! Im pretty sure I lost a rod while my boat was being beat to hell against the bank! roflmao
Posted By: pil,b

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/25/21 01:05 AM

Big motor quit ?
Posted By: Sabre-'22

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 03:56 AM

After talking to Caymas Cx 21, I think we will stop by Ivie for a day or two and then go to Amistad.

Any suggestions as to where to hit on Ivie?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by G-rant
After talking to Caymas Cx 21, I think we will stop by Ivie for a day or two and then go to Amistad.

Skip Amistad all together and enjoy more time on Ivie.

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Been a hit or miss deal over here, not very consistent.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 01:46 PM

I feel like you can stop almost anywhere on that lake and have big fish within casting distance of you. Sure there are areas that may be better than others, but I don't think there is a bad place to fish on that lake. May and June Have historically yielded my better trips on that lake.
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 03:10 PM

Be prepared to get humbled on either lake !!
Wish I could help.. haven't been on either one since spring. Hubbard Creak may be more consistent right now.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 04:24 PM

I know it’s an Ivie thread, but I saw today on FB that the old Lakeview hotel at Amistad has opened back up under the name Champion Inn or something like that. Figure anyone that fishes Ivie, also fishes Amistad and might find that useful.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by fishnfireman

Be prepared to get humbled on either lake !!
Wish I could help.. haven't been on either one since spring. Hubbard Creak may be more consistent right now.

had a couple local people head that way to amistad....and they said the fishing was tough.

Id be at Ivie as much as possible this year....this is a special year 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 05:05 PM

catching fish at amistad is not a problem but catching size is the problem
Posted By: STX_bassin

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 08:45 PM

I fished Ivie this last weekend. The fishing was pretty tough for me although I caught a bunch a smaller fish up shallow on stealth blade jackhammer I spent most of the weekend out deep trying to catch bigger fish with not much luck. I know some people who are catching em pretty good out deep I just couldn’t ever get on em real good. I absolutely loved the lake and will be spending some more weekends there very soon. I would rather fish Ivie than Amistad right now.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 10:29 PM

Good luck on Ivie. There is rain in the forecast from 5/28 until 6/2. I AM SO TIRED OF RAIN!

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rayzor

Good luck on Ivie. There is rain in the forecast from 5/28 until 6/2. I AM SO TIRED OF RAIN!

50% isn’t enough of a chance, I’d be shocked if it rained a drop out here in the dry desolate desert.
Posted By: Walls

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 11:25 PM

As low as it was for as long as it was, I'd think you fellas would take rain any way/time you can get it.

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/26/21 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by WALLS
As low as it was for as long as it was, I'd think you fellas would take rain any way/time you can get it.

We will take all we can get.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 12:25 AM

Be careful what you wish for. Our South TX lakes are in severe need of much more rain! I never get tired of rain.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21

50% isn’t enough of a chance, I’d be shocked if it rained a drop out here in the dry desolate desert.

Hmm. Interesting.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 01:40 AM

If Chance can catch fish on this lake, anyone can

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by WAWI

I have all the dumb ones named. Two in particular are named after you and Borden!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 02:02 AM

I have all the dumb ones named. Two in particular are named after you and Borden!

roflmao
Posted By: westxbass82

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 01:32 PM

Compared to Amistad, Ivie is a MUCH better lake. I do not see what all the hype is about Amistad. Yes, it’s a much bigger lake, but it doesn’t come close to the quality of fish that Ivie has.
Posted By: Walls

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 05/27/21 04:57 PM

funniest chit I have read on here in awhile cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum